TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I am installing a Waylens Secure360 4G and need to come up from the top of the dash with the wire. I don't want to mess with the mirror since the car has all of the cameras and sensors for lane assist.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to route the wiring? Am I going to be able to get access to the backside of the dash without removing a bunch of stuff?
Sponsored

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
How concerned are you about seeing the wiring and is it just a 12v power source? It'd be pretty easy to tuck a wire where the glass meets interior trim, then dropping into the dash on the passenger side where the a-pillar trim meets the dash.

It's pretty easy to pull the a-pillar trim, and the interior fuse box is in the passenger footwell so you'd have an easy 12v source.

Depending on where you're mounting the dash cam, it might be easier to run the wire down from the headliner. After removing the passenger side a-pillar, it's pretty easy to tuck a wire into the headliner and have it exit by the mirror.

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
How concerned are you about seeing the wiring
'

I would rather not see the wire but it will need to come up from the dash I think. I am going to mount it as close to over the twilight sensor as possible to maximize the view the camera has. I think there will be 3 or so inches running up the window. I wonder if there is a way to make the cable adhere to the window so I can keep it taut and straight?

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I would do what ArcandSparks suggested for routing the wire. Lots of clip options to choose from, something like these would work.

wire clips
Cable clips

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would think you can run wires into the center speaker grill to hide and come out at fuse panel. I'll be wiring in a Blackvue dr900-2ch tomm. I too have that big mess behind mirror, Ill prob mount camera to right of all that mess. Have you checked the reviews and PQ of the Waylens?

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
Have you checked the reviews and PQ of the Waylens
Some of the reviews were not favorable for the picture quality for sure. I really like that it has 4G and picks up the sides of the car. I figure I will give it a try and see for myself. I was leaning toward the DR900 myself and if the quality really does suck on the Waylen that is what I will use. I wonder if the 4G on the factory radio can be configured to run all the time. If so a wireless camera would be sufficient.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder how they would hold up to the heat during summer. They look exactly like the type I would need.
In my experience anything held to the windshield with 3M VHB tape will not budge without using a heat gun, should be fine in summer heat.

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how they would hold up to the heat during summer. They look exactly like the type I would need.
They'll be fine. I used something similar (still 3m) to hold a stubborn cable that wouldn't stay put and my dashcam is mounted using 3m tape- both have held up for the past year in SoCal heat. As long as the glass is clean you won't have any issues.

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I hope mounting low you will get a good image and not mostly hood. I at first mounted and wired to rh side of blk sensor housing. It was ng there housing blocked image of drivers side of road. I had to mount underneath housing in upper center of windshield.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It is very easy to get counterfeit 3M VHB tape these days. As you can imagine it doesn't hold as well.

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Secure360 4G today. Installation was simple with the hardest part being lining up the mount on the windshield the first time around. I ran the cable across the dash between the trim and windshield so it is out of the way and then removed the trim on the side and front of the glove compartment to wire to the fuse box.

The 4G service uses AT&T which does not have good coverage in my area. After connecting and moving to another location where I could get a signal everything appeared to work. I was in Huntsville later today and for the most part could not get the camera to wake up using the app as it is supposed to. Occasionally it would work as advertised.

The picture quality is not that good as was reported in some reviews. When I got back home tonight I could not get a signal from AT&T even though the hotspot on my radio could get an LTE signal through AT&T.

I really wanted this to work but I think I will send it back if tomorrow does not go better.
IMG_0383.PNG
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg
IMG_0393.jpg

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I had Best Buy swap out the camera and the new camera connects to the AT&T 4G service so I am going to give it another week or two and see if the functionality is there. I had an $80 gift card for purchasing my GoPro from them and another $20 in rewards so for $299 it may be worth it.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk around you car at night and jiggle the door, post what the camera picks up.

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
post what the camera picks up
The image I posted doesn't do it justice, not that it is that great either way. 2018-12-26_19-05-46.jpg is from the split view that the camera can provide on the driver side and 2018-12-26_19-17-31.jpg is the view from the front. The other picture is for perspective
2018-12-26_19-05-46.jpg
IMG_0417(2).jpg
2018-12-26_19-17-31.jpg
Sponsored