Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Have you considered that maybe it is reading correctly, and it may be time to put a real pressure gauge to confirm everything before condemning the work you have done?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
Have you considered that maybe it is reading correctly, and it may be time to put a real pressure gauge to confirm everything before condemning the work you have done?
You're right, I haven't tested it with any other oil pressure gauge, so I'm also thinking about this issue. When I see the data read by the gauge, it's more like oil temperatureļ¼ŒLOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
There's one thing I'm thinking, is it a firmware issue with IPC? Because the data read by IPC shows BAR, but the PP instrument displays PSI, this may be the biggest issue?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I did notice in the video that both the dash and gauge readout were the same but did not catch the one reading BAR and the other in PSI, it very well could be the firmware issue between the LCD dash and analog gauge. Also verify with external gauge like @Mike Pfeifer suggested.

BD

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I don't think so, because I have two gauges and the other one is from ECOBOOST, which is the same problemļ¼Œso this makes me very confused
Just out of curiosity does the ecoboost gauge assys vac/boost gauge read the full scale from vac to boost when revving so it is only the oil pressure gauge that does not travel the full sweep from 0 to 100 psi on both gauge assy.

BD

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
WechatIMG196.png

I think the key to the problem is the calculation unit of the instrumentļ¼ŒThis car is an American versionļ¼Œthe oil pressure is PSI,but my car is an China version with BAR,So I decided to try that write the firmware of the instrument.

bilnrmn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible GT
So I did the install but it seems my car gets confused. I changed the as built data, but my cluster still shows oil pressure low. I donā€™t get the low oil warning either. For the gauge to work I have to push the start button but donā€™t actually start the engine. The oil gauge reads 100. After a few seconds it will sweep and go to zero, then I can start it where it will work. If not the gauge will read 100 all the time.
hello. I have the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Plitch97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT | AE 401a
To add another data point to the thread, I just installed gt350 trim and performance pack guages into by base 2021 GT 401A and guages worked plug and play. Works perfect with my color aswell. There was a good bit of trimming nessisary on the center air vent. I trimmed a cap from a can of plastic plasti dip and a copious amount of hot glue to block off the center air vent. I also trimmed a little cutout on the bottom of the center air vent for the wire to have plenty of space. I used a dremel with a drill bit atachment for all cutting. After clearance conditions were met, I installed the trim piece without the air vents installed (they pop off very easily). After fitting the trim piece i re installed the air vents and a good bit of force was required for them to line back up as the spacing is different on the left and right vents on base vs performance pack. I used my original air vents so the trim would match throughout the car. Hopefully that helps someone in the future with the install!
IMG-0793.jpg

IMG-0795.jpg

Sponsored

Doug2023GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
To add another data point to the thread, I just installed gt350 trim and performance pack guages into by base 2021 GT 401A and guages worked plug and play. Works perfect with my color aswell. There was a good bit of trimming nessisary on the center air vent. I trimmed a cap from a can of plastic plasti dip and a copious amount of hot glue to block off the center air vent. I also trimmed a little cutout on the bottom of the center air vent for the wire to have plenty of space. I used a dremel with a drill bit atachment for all cutting. After clearance conditions were met, I installed the trim piece without the air vents installed (they pop off very easily). After fitting the trim piece i re installed the air vents and a good bit of force was required for them to line back up as the spacing is different on the left and right vents on base vs performance pack. I used my original air vents so the trim would match throughout the car. Hopefully that helps someone in the future with the install!
IMG-0793.jpg

IMG-0795.jpg
I just bought a 2023 GT and want to do this as well. When you say 'plug & play' .... no need to do a tune change like so many others have done. I assume the older cars need the tune but the later ones don't ?? I love the look and function of the extra gauges !

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
IMG_8736.jpeg

The gauges I installed on my ā€˜23 GT
(KR3T-10B944-BA) were plug-and-playā€¦

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
No tuneā€¦ Just plug them in and they workā€¦ both gauges (vac and oil pressure ) ā€¦ Including the changing colors.

You do, of course, have to mess around with the center AC vent to make everything fit.

My car is a 23 GT premium 400A 6MT.

Doug2023GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
No tuneā€¦ Just plug them in and they workā€¦ both gauges (vac and oil pressure ) ā€¦ Including the changing colors.

You do, of course, have to mess around with the center AC vent to make everything fit.

My car is a 23 GT premium 400A 6MT.

Thanks for the response. I have read too many with 'You need a tune"..... ! I have a 2023 GT premium 6 speed. I bought the entire dash with gauges off a 2017 with zero miles. I have zero issues cutting up the dash....I have been cutting up rare cars my entire life :) . What is the 400A ? Please excuse my ignorance..... my first mustang since my '67 I bought in '78 for $50.....
Sponsored