Sponsored

Initial Oil Change thoughts?

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
I'm every 3,000 mi. I also never change my oil type. Some engine builders say that is bad for your engine to consistently change the oil types..

I'm sure there's a difference of opinions on this. Just keep that in mind
Its because of the additives that are different between oil manufacturers. Some just don't work together and can be harmful. Like bleach and ammonia both are cleaners but bad if you mix together. True thats an extreme case but on the micro level it can cause some damage long term
Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Indeed, I can't find it in my service manual either. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where. :blush:

I don't see how that could happen. The Ronin plug has the exact same shape and size as the original plug, the same channel, the same kind of o-ring, and it clicks as snugly in place as the original plug does. Besides, it also has a sort of spring-loaded collar that holds it in place even tighter. I can see how it could leak, if the o-ring were broken, but being ejected? Sounds really strange.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...whole-day-of-maintenance-and-cleaning.167439/

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Reactions: 12g

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
If you drove it off the lot you should have changed the oil. If you've driven it since you should have changed the oil. If you take it out tomorrow well you know what you should do..... It's a car don't worry it will be fine whatever you do. :)

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang PP2 with Triple X-Pipe
Personally, I changed the oil after a few hundred miles. I didn't want metal shavings in the oil for thousands of miles. I change my own oil to offset the cost of Amsoil full synthetic 5W-30. I also attach a magnet to the new Purolator BOSS 20,000 mile oil filters.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
So after my last wildly controverisal fun gas thread…..🤣
Serious question: what’s everyone’s take on the 1000 mile oil change on a brand new Stang? Is it necessesary?
Do you all do it yourself, or bring it somewhere?
I never once brought my 2014 3.7 anywhere for a change; i did it myself in my driveway once a year, because it was always less than 5k miles a year on that thing.
I would like to do the oil myself on my ’21 GT, but after seeing it uses a plastic oil drain plug, has me a bit worried if it craps out or something.
Plus, it’s 10qts now, so i need a MUCH bigger oil catch pan lol, BUT, i also have 48k MyFordPass Rewards, and I think that equates to maybe 3 or 4 oil changes for free!
Problem is my dealer i got it from is under construction, so I have no clue if their service is even open right now.
Just trying to get some thoughts!
Any Ford dealer can do the oil change for you. You don't have to go back to where you bought it. The FordPass points can be used at any Ford dealer. Later, just buy a 12 qt. drain pan from Amazon and do it yourself. Yeah, I was surprised by the 10 qt. oil pan too and the plastic cam lock drain plug. It's secure and you only have to make sure the o-ring is pliable and not damaged and that the plastic plug is not getting brittle. But, replacing the drain plug every 3rd oil change or so would be prudent.

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang PP2 with Triple X-Pipe
OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Honestly I’m going to get the Femco one that just came out for it. They have a good rep from what I saw, and looks like a solid product!
Sponsored