IMRC failure

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black California Special
Glad I purchased an extended warranty last July.
2017 California Special.

Engine check light : no. 8 cylinder/coil. 58,000 miles. Never raced or abused.

two weeks ago:

Ford replaced but charged $345 (not covered) for spark plugs/tune up. Im actually more a Chevy guy so not familiar with what a supposed tune up entails.

two days ago check engine light again.
So yesterday another scan and they’ll replace (under warranty) new intake and trouble shoot neither usb charging port works.

Three years ago ( under first extended warranty) new A/C evaporator.

If a survey or listing of potential issues were categorized, the potential need of an extended warranty could be decided.

RWP
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
A "tune-up" on a modern car, pretty much any modern car outside of exotics, IS changing the spark plugs. And possibly a new air filter and cleaning the throttle body. With computers controlling everything, there's really not much else to do.
Eight plugs should be between $50 & $100 so they probably hit you for an hour and a half labor (maybe 2) plus shop fees.
Extended warranties are really just a form of insurance policy and, like any gamble, sometimes worth it, sometimes not.

OP
OP
rwp50

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black California Special
Thank you. Just bad timing as I felt the Coyote motor wasn’t as familiar as a LS or LT. I figured as much but didn’t want to assume the difficulty level.

Youtube videos helped with the process.

So thanks for your response.
Everyone here is very helpful.

RWP
Sponsored