Sponsored

Illinois-Chicago

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Good to hear. He said he basically set it up for the track but never got there, he seemed like an honest guy. Judging by the condition of everything on the car I believe him! This car is so much fun and I'm not pushing it too far yet as I'm still getting used to it.
Feel free to reach out if you really want to make that thing work. It's got a decent setup for sure but there's a lot of potential yet to be unlocked without making it a bad street car.
Sponsored

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Lucas, wait till you get the summer tires on.. You can't get the full acceleration or feel for the suspension with the squishy winter tires...night and day difference!
Consistent temps in the 40's and you are good to change.
I can totally confirm with 72k on my daily driver GT that the first warm days really lets the thing breath, then when you get the fat summer tires on its an entirely new animal. Enjoy!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Can't wait to get my car out of hibernation.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Two good rains is what I go by.
I am a bit more extreme than most, so I drive down the highway pull over in a few different places and usually get out and walk down the median any salt and I check again in a couple weeks.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
No mustang for a few weeks or I’d be there

moose13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hey Everybody, this is my first time making it down to this sub of the forum. Had no idea it existed! Question for the gang: Has anyone gotten tune jobs from any local shops? I've got a '16 GT with a Corsa Extreme exhaust, which I run on 87. I'd like to keep it that way because I daily it 80% of the year, and don't plan on any significant powertrain boosts. But I can be talked into running on premium.

Frankly, all I really want is something to dial out the rev hang for regular driving. Better throttle response and mid rpm power bumps would be awesome too, but not the primary focus.

Curious if anyone recommends any tuning shops and has thoughts on the rev hang issue in general. I'm weighing my options between going to a local shop or getting the bama SCT tuner from AmericanMuscle.

Appreciate any input and look forward to chatting with everyone in the future!

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
But I can be talked into running on premium.
Costco 93 is Top Tier and usually very close in price to everyone else's regular. I got the membership for the fuel.

Getting a tune is a useless exercise unless you're planning on running premium fuel. Avoid Bama...not known for good tunes at all. For your usage, I would look strongly at the Ford Performance Power Pack 2, or at Lund, Livernois, Palm Beach Dyno.

moose13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I figured this is where the conversation would go. I know Bama gets bad rap but In thumbing through the forum and AM reviews they seem like they've turned things around in the last year. I would have gone with Lund had I had gotten to this project last year.

But holy cow, I didn't realize Costco gas was that cheap. That comes with the $60 yearly membership? If that's the case, then I'll probably go with the PP2. Any idea if it does anything for the rev hang?

Stock-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Is anyone planning on going to cars and coffee tomorrow morning at Dundee Ford? I heard from a coworker that there’s supposed to be a big Mustang contingent rolling out

SonicBlur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is anyone planning on going to cars and coffee tomorrow morning at Dundee Ford? I heard from a coworker that there’s supposed to be a big Mustang contingent rolling out
I was planning to go to a different Cars and Coffee tomorrow but I'd rather go to a Mustang Cars and Coffee instead....its.not too far from me. I'll most likely be there.

BillAz31

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
16 Roush Stq 3 (sold), VW Tiguan, Audi TTS,
Does anyone know of a good exhaust shop in the Elgin area? I'm looking to lose the stock resonator and don't want to lay on the ground to do it. My back would not like me for about a week or more if I do it myself.

Thanks,

Bill
Sponsored