Illinois-Chicago

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Lol, thanks for explaining that. So in theory, I should be looking for a set of touring mufflers, because I already have the sport?

Sport Axleback: Sport Muffler
Sport Catback: Touring Muffler
Xtreme Catback: Sport Muffler

That certainly is... one way to do it.

And indeed, CJPP is gospel.
That’s correct, for the Sport catback you’ll need to get the Touring muffler since you already have the X pipe
Sponsored

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Hey guys, anyone from this area have access to Forscan? I want to disable a few things on my car that annoy me and I'm not getting anywhere trying to get into Forscan on my own, LOL

I’m a bit late to respond but where are you located? I can help

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Hey guys, anyone from this area have access to Forscan? I want to disable a few things on my car that annoy me and I'm not getting anywhere trying to get into Forscan on my own, LOL
Did you ever get this figured out? I have Forscan on my laptop and am in Schaumburg too.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Anyone near oakbrook area that’s done rear spring install? I’m losing patience trying to get these OE springs out. 😂

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone near oakbrook area that’s done rear spring install? I’m losing patience trying to get these OE springs out. 😂
I did mine when I installed my lowering springs. Definitely not an easy install. Ended up using a reversible dewalt clamp with a block of 2x4 to push the subframe down low enough to get the spring out. Was hitting the exhaust but I didn’t want to go the route of taking that off. Finally managed to snake it out. Getting the new spring in was a lot easier.

Sponsored

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I did mine when I installed my lowering springs. Definitely not an easy install. Ended up using a reversible dewalt clamp with a block of 2x4 to push the subframe down low enough to get the spring out. Was hitting the exhaust but I didn’t want to go the route of taking that off. Finally managed to snake it out. Getting the new spring in was a lot easier.
I have a feeling that taking the exhaust off is my only option. I’ve currently got all but the inner two bolts out of the control arm and still can’t swing it.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
And I already have my IRS alignment in place with the cradle lockout so I don’t want to drop the subframe again.

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling that taking the exhaust off is my only option. I’ve currently got all but the inner two bolts out of the control arm and still can’t swing it.
Ugh, an extra step I was glad to avoid. I did end up taking off the bracket that held the front sub-frame bolt. The videos I saw all said to loosen it but it was hanging me up. Managed to get a little extra clearance with it off.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Ugh, an extra step I was glad to avoid. I did end up taking off the bracket that held the front sub-frame bolt. The videos I saw all said to loosen it but it was hanging me up. Managed to get a little extra clearance with it off.
yea I had all of that off completely when I was doing the alignment kit. Still couldn’t get it off. Very irritating 😂

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
yea I had all of that off completely when I was doing the alignment kit. Still couldn’t get it off. Very irritating 😂
Best of luck to you. I know there’s a mobile mechanic in the Chicago area that has pretty decent rates. Might be worth a call if it’ll keep you from having to drop the exhaust.

Sponsored

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, just found his info on the CMC Facebook page.

Alex, 331-236-8892. Rates were 50.00 to come out and 60.00 per hour. I haven’t used him but it looks like he’s got good reviews on CMC.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s wild, I got mine out so easily the two times I did it.. I’m close but I work tomorrow and Monday, couldn’t help until Tuesday.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Actually, just found his info on the CMC Facebook page.

Alex, 331-236-8892. Rates were 50.00 to come out and 60.00 per hour. I haven’t used him but it looks like he’s got good reviews on CMC.
I might give him a shout and see if he can help if I give up on it 😂

That’s wild, I got mine out so easily the two times I did it.. I’m close but I work tomorrow and Monday, couldn’t help until Tuesday.
I usually don’t get home until 7pm during the week. So if I don’t have it figured out by next weekend I might bother you for some help. I’ll gladly compensate too!

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
It was years ago that I did mine but I don’t remember pulling exhaust off. It was a fairly easy install. Idk if things changed from 15 to 22 Post a pic of how you have things right now.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
It was years ago that I did mine but I don’t remember pulling exhaust off. It was a fairly easy install. Idk if things changed from 15 to 22 Post a pic of how you have things right now.
70458257464__F45C284A-4AB1-4C54-9A25-2C1866C4DD3A.jpeg

I got em. Sway bar removal and all the outer bolts on the control arm gave me some extra clearance. Then 1 pry bar between subframe and body pulling down. Second pry bar underneath the OE spring to lift it out. After I got the first one out the second was a 10 min job. I was probably over thinking it.
Sponsored