IMG_3226.jpeg

Hopefully these pics help someone avoid a headache in the future
Sponsored

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Those pics also made me prioritize getting brembos and powder coating them black

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
platinum white gt premium
Anyone near oakbrook area thatā€™s done rear spring install? Iā€™m losing patience trying to get these OE springs out. šŸ˜‚
I have performed a few spring installs, the rear is easier than the front! I loosen subframe then remove the two bolts on the side I am replacing spring to allow access to remove spring. loosely bolt that side back in then move to other side and perform same routine. car on lift/jack stands and use jack to lower and raise subframe. be mindful of brake hoses.

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
IMG_3228.jpeg
IMG_3227.jpeg
IMG_3225.jpeg
IMG_3226.jpeg

Hopefully these pics help someone avoid a headache in the future
oh no this is the your doing too much work route. I only remove front bracket and sub frame bolts, as well as top shock bolts that go into body. I believe I take off some brake hose bolts also so they stretch properly
edit: I believe I lower the exhaust in back also.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
oh no this is the your doing too much work route. I only remove front bracket and sub frame bolts, as well as top shock bolts that go into body. I believe I take off some brake hose bolts also so they stretch properly
edit: I believe I lower the exhaust in back also.
100% too much work. I tried everything that I found on videos and what I read here. This is all that worked for me. Oh well itā€™s done nowšŸ˜‚ just gotta torque some more bolts now itā€™s on the ground
70459381521__C1734046-F379-4B99-9B4F-A55D73A43BBE.jpeg

Sponsored

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
100% too much work. I tried everything that I found on videos and what I read here. This is all that worked for me. Oh well itā€™s done nowšŸ˜‚ just gotta torque some more bolts now itā€™s on the ground
70459381521__C1734046-F379-4B99-9B4F-A55D73A43BBE.jpeg
Looking good!

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)

lol, yeah that was a longer way. I can usually get the rear done at home in less than an hour. the fronts are more of a pain with the crap spring compressor I have at home. at least you got it going. I don't check this page a lot so unfortunately I didn't see your post earlier to give some pointers.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
All good! I still have this barton shifter to install next weekend. Thatā€™ll be a fun one

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Anyone got any pp1 or equivalent brakes they want to part ways with?

Sponsored

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
assuming you removed the driveshaft and exhaust for that one?
I did not remove any of that. just squeezed myself in there. think I lowered the trans cross member is all. I usually take off as little as possible. guys at work don't like my ways.. lol. I am a Nissan technician. I installed the shifter in late 2016 or early 2017 so it has been a while

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I did not remove any of that. just squeezed myself in there. think I lowered the trans cross member is all. I usually take off as little as possible. guys at work don't like my ways.. lol. I am a Nissan technician. I installed the shifter in late 2016 or early 2017 so it has been a while
Iā€™m going to try your way but have a feeling Iā€™ll be taking that stuff all off šŸ˜‚

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey Chicago gang! If anyone is looking for a fantastic exhaust shop, go see Otto at Exhaust Works. They have 2 shops, Montgomery and Naperville. Otto is the owner and is primarily at the Montgomery location. They installed my H pipe this morning, top notch work (and they gave me a ā€œfreeā€ t shirt).

They also do a ton of custom work for muscle cars, hot rods, etc. ZL1 was just leaving when I pulled in and there was a guy getting a custom exhaust done on his Olds Cutlass. Has a built LSX 454 with a Holley high ram intake and a few other goodies. Sounded really good. Anyway, thought Iā€™d give them a plug since I was really pleased with their work.

IMG_1670.jpeg
Sponsored