Sponsored

Identify a Pre-Owned Ecoboost Performance Package

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
I'm aware the 19" ebony painted aluminum wheels identify the Ecoboost Performance Package, but while sitting inside the vehicle, what definitively identifies the package? What about under the hood?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Front Splitter outside is slightly different, larger brakes up front (compared to other EB), and in the interior the two gauges between the air vents, as well as the "turned finish" carbon like dash panel.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Instant verification, looking or sitting inside:

(2) gauges in top center of dash = Performance Pack equipped GT OR EB.

End.... sorta

(Note: Those gauges can be added, there’s a DIY thread). :)

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For under the hood you might be able to tell by the strut tower and cowl (connects to both strut areas) braces, I think they'd be black like the GTPP and FP pieces.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Most importantly is the suspension and chassis bracing attributed to a PP mustang ..I have over the course of 3 years collecting and finally installing the front performance bracing and suspension to obtain the ridgidity and solid feel attributed by these structural support bracing .. the rear suspension is a whole other animal and 1 must do 1 ,s due dilligence with hours of study and conversations to obtain the right amount of support and firmness to get a quality feel and strength that supplements performance driving ..

Then there is the issues of braking to address .. look at Big Brakes and pads for the stopping and slowing down of this heavy platform ...

Sponsored

OP
OP
PDX.Stang

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
Most importantly is the suspension and chassis bracing attributed to a PP mustang ..I have over the course of 3 years collecting and finally installing the front performance bracing and suspension to obtain the ridgidity and solid feel attributed by these structural support bracing .. the rear suspension is a whole other animal and 1 must do 1 ,s due dilligence with hours of study and conversations to obtain the right amount of support and firmness to get a quality feel and strength that supplements performance driving ..

Then there is the issues of braking to address .. look at Big Brakes and pads for the stopping and slowing down of this heavy platform ...
Isn't the EB under 3.5K lbs? It's still considered heavy?

Also, I'm reading that there's a PP1 & PP2. What's the difference?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure on exact numbers for weight, but his comment about braking did remind me that the Eco PP has the same brakes as a base GT (4 piston calipers, 14" rotors).

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Performance Pack 1 & 2 are GT only.
There are seperate structural differences with 2 packages offered for the GT .also the 20 inch packages have the same bracing .

So with reguards to this blanket statement . The ecoboost is offered and supllied with additional bracing , suspension and braking .. with these ideas in mind any 1 would compare the platforms and consider the best options for ones personal intentions in mind .

I have recently discovered that the 4 piston calipers in front may not be enough to with stand road coursing . The brake system itself just gets too hot to endure long periods of racing .

As for the weight .. 3500 plus additional weight for PP is a lot of weight to slow down from 100 miles an hour ...........

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Also inside:

The PP cars have a unique simulated "brushed carbon fiber" dash trim that's just silver in non PP cars...it's the silvery piece that goes across the dash :cheers:

Here's a good picture of it:
picture.jpg

Electronically, a PP car won't have boost available on the gauge menu (because there's already a boost gauge in the center console).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Total weight difference for PP additions is probably less than 20 lbs so that's negligible.

In terms of suspension changes it is only (iirc): strut tower brace, cowl brace, firewall extension, lower k-member, toe links, sway bars.

The 20" wheel package for the GT only covers the lower k, cowl brace, and firewall extension (maybe the STB as well).

PP2 is further suspension changes on the GT as well, I don't think we're clear on everything included with it yet other than bigger sways and the new wheels/tires.

For brakes, from what I've read they 4 pistons should be just fine for most people and even for irregular autocross use, anything further than that you might want to consider Brembos or other options.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Go under the hood, and the Ecooboost PP and GT PP both have bigger radiators than their non-PP counterparts...hard to see from just popping the hood, though. GT PP has a much larger rear diff housing (for the 3.73 Torsen). I think the diff housing for the Ecoboost PP (3.55:1 vs 3.31:1 or 3.10:1) might be larger than the non-PP, when I pull up behind a PP car, I always notice the diff housing ;)

Last edited:

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless IT's lowered and ya can't see the diff ... but yeah there are so many beneficial upgrades to a PP that I am building 1 with OE and aftermarket parts .. plus it gives me something to do with my extra time ... i have been interested in the 2 piece rotors and pads .. lighter weight and better cooling .....
Sponsored