s550stprmtrooper

s550StormTrooper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT
Just curious if anyone has used the CobraJet intake with their Whipple. The IAT's are really high. Looks like this pulls air from the fender well, as opposed to the engine bay. I suppose I might have to move the tank and pump, worst case...... Any thoughts?

PN: M-9600-SCJ16
Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
which cold air style does your whipple have, the open style (top open) or enclosed?

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Mine has the closed top one and I don't notice excessively high IAT temps. I'm just looking for a bit better flow and hopefully improved iat's. along with this would be the new heat exchanger.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Sorry my question was for the OP

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Before anyone wastes money on a new intake hoping to pick up more flow, best to get a vacuum reading post throttle body, pre-compressor on the blower. If you see anything other than 0 vacuum, then you have room for improvement. If you measure zero vacuum, then you are providing all the air the blower can consume already and would see no performance gain at all.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
TooSoon I think the OP is looking for lower IATs and not necessarily an increase in overall air flow of the current setup.

OP there are a couple of guys on here running them so I'm sure they will chime in. There are threads around also. I know they did relocate their tanks but I do think it may be possible to finagle the intake in there without moving the tank. I'm considering giving it a try myself in the quest to reduce IATs. I am concerned that even if you could make the intake fit around the tank, they heat coming off the tank would be detrimental to IATs. Might be no worse than it is now. I ordered the Velossa bigmouth intake and I'm going to follow what [MENTION=16819]Roh92cp[/MENTION] did modifying the intake box to that it is sealed and only pulls air from the front of the bumper and nor from the hot engine bay. Check out his build thread for more info.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
TooSoon I think the OP is looking for lower IATs and not necessarily an increase in overall air flow of the current setup.

OP there are a couple of guys on here running them so I'm sure they will chime in. There are threads around also. I know they did relocate their tanks but I do think it may be possible to finagle the intake in there without moving the tank. I'm considering giving it a try myself in the quest to reduce IATs. I am concerned that even if you could make the intake fit around the tank, they heat coming off the tank would be detrimental to IATs. Might be no worse than it is now. I ordered the Velossa bigmouth intake and I'm going to follow what @Roh92cp did modifying the intake box to that it is sealed and only pulls air from the front of the bumper and nor from the hot engine bay. Check out his build thread for more info.
OP asked if anyone is running the CJ intake, stating he had high IATs. I responded asking which Whipple intake his kit has, waiting for him to respond. Switching from an open air whipple to an open air CJ intake will make little difference to IATs. Switch from a covered Whipple to a CJ will be a step backwards for IATs. If he has a covered Whipple and is seeing high IATs, something is wrong or we need to understand what he is considering "high IATs"

tsloms said he was looking for power, I responded with my suggestion how to check if it will make any difference.

Still no response from OP for my original question.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Great information but now I am confused :) I have Whipple's open air box with the Cervinis Ram air hood and my IAT1's stay around 2-3f above ambient when driving. I know IAT2 is what's critical but doesn't the IAT1 show the air entering before boost so if mine is low how is a closed box better? I thought you wanted two things to work for you.

Cooler air entering throttle body and lower charge temps.
I have cooler air entering TB and charge temps are based more off of intercooler right?

OP
OP
s550stprmtrooper

s550stprmtrooper

s550StormTrooper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Neither box from whipple is sealed off from hot engine bay air. You have to modify it yourself to seal it completely... Like some have done.
Sponsored