Sponsored

I wonder if we’ll ever see another GT350 type Mustang from Ford

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I kinda doubt it, at least anything with it‘s own unique engine while invoking the Shelby legacy. Especially at the price point the GT350 was stickered at. If you think about it, the car was a bargain when new. To confirm that you only need look at the used market today, even as the GT500 market might be starting to wobble a little. I know the 500 is the undisputed straight-line bully but there’s something about the 350 that just screams badass.

Obviously Ford will eventually trot out another halo trim that unlike the GTD is meant to be enjoyed. The GTD is sadly destined to become another non-driven show pony like the GT. Whether this new halo Mustang is called a Shelby is anybody’s guess but I’d bet it will be more 500-ish than 350-ish. Straight line numbers and Cars & Coffee sends get the headlines.

Anyway I’m thinking sitting around waiting for GT350 prices to “normalize” much may be a waste of time.
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
The Dork Horse is basically a 1:1 replacement in terms of price and track ability. Cool factor is like comparing a Prius to, well, a Shelby gt350 imo though lol. My wild ass guess is ford brings back the SVT Cobra before the Shelby.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Maybe be the cobra name but not SVT, it’s been dead for a long time now.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
The Dork Horse is basically a 1:1 replacement in terms of price and track ability. Cool factor is like comparing a Prius to, well, a Shelby gt350 imo though lol. My wild ass guess is ford brings back the SVT Cobra before the Shelby.
Yeah, but no IMO. I just don’t see the DH as a serious replacement and like you say on the cool factor.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Maybe be the cobra name but not SVT, it’s been dead for a long time now.
SVT is still alive in Romeo MI. I have family that works there. It’s not called “SVT” per se anymore but it’s the same group and some ford performance parts are stamped SVT still. That’s how the PP2 was created was by that team messing with the PP1.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes. History has shown us they will never stop re-using classic names. They did it with the Corvette (The new mid engine should not be called Corvette), they did it with the Multimatic Mustang, the Mach E Mustang, Dodge with the Challenger/Charger.

It will never end.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I would never buy a Dork Horse.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I don't think anything will happen until we see a change in the Government Administration(President), a stop on the attack of oil and gas production, and a change in EPA regs. Until then, why would any car company produce a high performance car?
Now, if things change come November elections, I think you'll see all the car companies start producing muscle cars again.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think anything will happen until we see a change in the Government Administration(President), a stop on the attack of oil and gas production, and a change in EPA regs. Until then, why would any car company produce a high performance car?
Now, if things change come November elections, I think you'll see all the car companies start producing muscle cars again.
The public is already fed up with the electric push. Hybrids make some sense, but electric is in no way cleaner and it's as efficient as solar powered cars. We just need more crack heads stealing charging station copper to help put an end to the nonsense.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ford is set to unveil the next S650 variant soon (rumor I have heard is the Cobra nameplate). Farley has said on multiple occasions that the V8 Mustang isn’t going anywhere so long as the consumer continues to support it, including into an 8th generation. But there are plenty of other brands that have been shortsighted in that regard for sure.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Now what I would like to see, and would buy, is a big block mustang with the 6.8 “Godzilla” variant

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
I had the GREAT fortune to spend time with a lot of the Mustang team while I was attending the MACh1 Track attack and 60th party at Charlotte. We all toured Stewart/Haas Inc. together prior to the party. At lunch and in the Winners Circle lounge I pressed them all on what was coming down the road....Boss....Shelby....Cobra.....etc. All responded that.....company direction was to now after 60 years....to look forward....new names....new models.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I had the GREAT fortune to spend time with a lot of the Mustang team while I was attending the MACh1 Track attack and 60th party at Charlotte. We all toured Stewart/Haas Inc. together prior to the party. At lunch and in the Winners Circle lounge I pressed them all on what was coming down the road....Boss....Shelby....Cobra.....etc. All responded that.....company direction was to now after 60 years....to look forward....new names....new models.
I believe I saw in another thread on this forum that the Shelby license was not renewed for S650. Couple that with the Dark Horse name instead of bringing back the Boss nameplate, the responses you received makes sense. A little shortsighted on Ford’s part IMO. Those of us that know and love the nameplates of old still have greater purchasing power than the new generation they’re targeting. What 20 to early 30 something is going to be able to shell out $65-$80k for a DH anyway?? Not many.

I get it, at some point you have to push forward, a mid cycle refresh seems to be the best timing for that IMO. Use the 60th to give us one last hit of the great names of the past and maybe with 65 year anniversary hit it with the new nameplates. But they clearly didn’t ask me LOL.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Except for the engine.

The DH is the Mach1 equivalent, not the 350.
Yeah for sure closer to the Mach 1. No question the voodoo is a cooler and more track oriented engine than the coyote 4. But price is closer to a 350 🤦
Sponsored