Sponsored

I think the 21-23 Mach 1 might just be the best bang-for-your-buck specialty Mustang we’re likely to ever see from Ford again

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
So I’m tooling down the road today about to touch 300 miles on the odometer of my new 6MT 600a Mach 1. I’m in track mode and the car sounds like rolling thunder and is pulling really strong. People who don’t even know what it is are straining to gawk at it and my day is just pure joy. I mean, really!

Then I got to thinking: I was only able to get a couple grand off the almost 59K sticker, so call it 57K. Closest new Mustang comparison would be a 24 Dark Horse, but you’re talking 70-ish list plus the inevitable ADM so call it 80-90K. Yeah I know the DH has a few more ponies and some other stuff but it also has the downside things that have been beat to death already. And we all know prices never go down…

I think a lotta folks, especially younger folks, might be able to reach ~57K. But how many can reach 80-90K? So given all the terrific bits and pieces on the Mach 1 and the way the car performs, how could it not be pretty much the last great hi-po specialty Mustang we’ll see?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's pretty damn good. But IMO the best value Mustang ever released was definitely the Boss 302. For a while you could get them cheaper than a base S550, even with low miles.

I wouldn't mind trading up to a Mach 1, but it just wouldn't make sense for me financially. Even for people making pretty decent income, a 57k car that most people won't be able to use 6 months of the year is a tough sell.

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I think things are a tad ridiculous right now in general.

Saw a video on instagram today where a guy was recording while at a dealership to purchase a new Civic Type R.

Between the insane interest, even with his 800+ credit score, and the markups; the payments were over $1000 a month.. even spreading it over like 84 months with like 5k down.
(I believe he decided NOT to purchase it)

90 grand for a Honda Civic?

I dont see this madness continuing... I think we'll get back down to earth at some point... Dealerships are going to have to adapt or they will die. Mustangs with V8s will be realistically priced again some time in the future..

I follow CarDealershipGuy on social media and he gives all sorts of insight into the carbuying world.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
If you could buy Mach 1 with discount from MSRP, there's no reason to think you can't do the same with the Dark Horse. I am pretty sure the interest for it will be lower than for Mach 1 as well.

But otherwise I agree, Mach 1 is the best for me too.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
They’ll get the usual 3 owners in 3 year cars coming up for sale, a few garage queens who’ve moved onto a new queen and the usual beat up cars that look new.

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you could buy Mach 1 with discount from MSRP, there's no reason to think you can't do the same with the Dark Horse. I am pretty sure the interest for it will be lower than for Mach 1 as well.

But otherwise I agree, Mach 1 is the best for me too.
I’m not so sure about that. The DH is an all new car with all new features that are clearly designed to appeal to a younger demographic. The Mach is cold leftover grits from last week. I don’t think the discount structure will transfer over. The way younger folks are salivating over the DH is kinda shocking. Every once in a while I’ll slide over to the 650 forum for a quick reality check. They’re now enumerating what mods they’re gonna do on a car they have neither seen nor driven!

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1 had ADM of 5, 10, 15 or 20k too. It's about some dealers trying to increase their profits while others will sell it for MSRP or below (invoice). I'm not talking about Ford discounts. DH will be the same. This could change only if Ford went to online orders.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's pretty damn good. But IMO the best value Mustang ever released was definitely the Boss 302. For a while you could get them cheaper than a base S550, even with low miles.

I wouldn't mind trading up to a Mach 1, but it just wouldn't make sense for me financially. Even for people making pretty decent income, a 57k car that most people won't be able to use 6 months of the year is a tough sell.
What you say is true.

Earlier in the year I bought a new 2022 301a 6MT base GT with just two options: the Black Accent Package and Active Exhaust. It stickered for $44,005.00 and that’s what I paid. What a bargain! The simplicity of that car was liberating and I miss it. I should have held on to it but I developed lust for a Mach 1.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What you say is true.

Earlier in the year I bought a new 2022 301a 6MT base GT with just two options: the Black Accent Package and Active Exhaust. It stickered for $44,005.00 and that’s what I paid. What a bargain! The simplicity of that car was liberating and I miss it. I should have held on to it but I developed lust for a Mach 1.
I certainly don't blame you, the Mach 1 is a sweet ride with a presence that most other Mustangs lack. I'm happy with my car, but I definitely come in here to see what you guys are doing.

Sponsored

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
Agreed. Let the price appreciation begin.

SammieJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, N4871
I ordered my Mach1 back in November of 2021 and finally took delivery in March of 2023. I guess you could say I am a patient man. Having said that, I looked at the different Bullitt versions over the years, but could never really pull the trigger, so to speak. So when they finally released the last Mach1, it was just exactly what I was looking for; limited production yet something in a direct line of heritage to a classic Mustang look, and still anchored in the analog world. I was really afraid of being kicked into the next gen iPad version that the young folks really aspire to. Jay Leno’s review was a good one for maintaining my perspective while awaiting delivery, I don’t need to win any drag races, I don’t need to explore the outer limits of drifting or any of that. I just wanted a balanced performance car that puts a smile on my face anytime I take it out. Mission accomplished. It ain’t a Ferrari, it ain’t even a C8, but it fills the niche I was wanting in a car, and oh yea it has a manual transmission.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The Mach 1 was priced based on the outgoing chassis and Ford was able to keep them priced aggressively. For the S650 models, they've all been saddled with the manufacturing costs of 2023+ and the massive inflation we've seen over the last few years. Prices across the entire automotive industry are up significantly on new models.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
I ordered my Mach1 back in November of 2021 and finally took delivery in March of 2023. I guess you could say I am a patient man. Having said that, I looked at the different Bullitt versions over the years, but could never really pull the trigger, so to speak. So when they finally released the last Mach1, it was just exactly what I was looking for; limited production yet something in a direct line of heritage to a classic Mustang look, and still anchored in the analog world. I was really afraid of being kicked into the next gen iPad version that the young folks really aspire to. Jay Leno’s review was a good one for maintaining my perspective while awaiting delivery, I don’t need to win any drag races, I don’t need to explore the outer limits of drifting or any of that. I just wanted a balanced performance car that puts a smile on my face anytime I take it out. Mission accomplished. It ain’t a Ferrari, it ain’t even a C8, but it fills the niche I was wanting in a car, and oh yea it has a manual transmission.
Ya what he said.😀

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish I could’ve hit the “like” button twice on your post!
Sponsored