OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
Regarding the rough ride - I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Make sure your tire pressures are set to what the door placard recommends - NOT what the sidewall says. They should probably be around 30-32psi. The tire sidewall probably say MAX pressure is 44psi or higher and that will definitely give you a rougher ride.
I did check the psi I changed it to 32 and nothing however after I took it to the dealer the suspension feels better. Still think I might add an adaptive suspension but itā€™s on the back burner now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
I have taken it to the dealer and they reset the transmission learning and for the most part the hard shifting is gone in normal mode but in S+ mode and it only does it some times and I canā€™t seem to replicate it consistently it but like from before when it shifts from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 it feels like I got rear ended with how hard it shifts. Some people seem to think when I said hard shifting I ment like I could feel it should of course in fact I like that I can feel it shift it just definitely shouldnā€™t feel like I got rear ended when it shifts. Iā€™m not oblivious to the fact this is a sports car. The suspension feels a lot better after taking it to the dealer they said they didnā€™t do anything but I think the blocks where still on. Seat still sucks though lol. Gonna take it to a 3rd party and see what they think.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I didn't read every reply so this may have all been discussed already, My transmission was very rough for the first 6 - 8000 miles, then all of a sudden it seemed to figure things out, it's still harsh in the sport modes but very smooth in normal mode. Magnaride stiffens the suspension so if the non magnaride car is too firm for you need to go the other way, not add something to stiffen it more. Lastly if your lower back is bothering you and you don't have this problem in other cars tilt the back of the seat up straighter, try to get more of your weight up near your shoulders instead of low down on your back. My normal Premium leather seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in any vehicle but it was a challenge to figure out the proper setting for me.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
So, I was. Physiology Tech in the Navy. Does your low back pain feel like it is coming down from the middle back or coming up from the butt?
First thing, if you havenā€™t tried doing is adjust the lumbar support.
If it is coming down from the middle back, adjust your seat back. If it is starting in the butt, adjust the angle of the seat bottom.
Does your car have the 3 memory settings? If it does save your current setting as #1. Than create two different positions and save as 2 & 3. Drive around in each setting for 3-5 days each. Find the one that feels best and tweak from there.
I had to do this with helicopter pilots, thankfully you arenā€™t wearing 50lbs of gear and sitting in a crash rated seat.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I have driven a 2015 392 challenger and a stinger. Before taking it into the shop the challenger felt better to drive. After taking it to ford the suspension is better now. Not perfect but something I can get used to. However the seat still makes my back hurt

those are sedans with soft susp & lots of body roll.

go drive 4th gen corvette z51, the mustang is somewhere in between

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The 10 speeds can have a mind of their own sometimes. A kam reset which the dealer did will help, however you may have to do it again at some point which you can easily do by disconnecting the battery for 20 mins. Sport for me sometimes is smooth, other times a little rough. Normal is the most stubborn for me when it comes to 5th gear. Depends on what mood my car is in. lol It does take sometime to adjust if you're not used to it. The seats I can't give advice on. I find the leather seats very comfortable for me. I'm sure if cloth I'd hate them. For the suspension part and feeling more bumps thats normal with the suspension you have. You could go better and get something like me and get Steeda progressives. I changed out the springs, shocks and struts from PP1 stuff and it isnt bouncy at any point, bumps aren't as hard....still feel them, just not as bad.

MotoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercab
The more I drive mine in Sport mode("S" on the shifter, not the "S+" from the mode toggle), it seems to have more decent 4-5 shifts. One thing I learned from my 5.0 F150(also a 3rd gen Coyote) is the engine needs to be running just right in order for the transmission to do its adaptive learning properly. I found with the truck that unhooking the battery for about an hour, then hooking it back up, THEN doing the TB relearn procedure, the engine ran better and then the transmission shifted better. I may try that with the Mustang if it doesn't improve completely soon.

Dracoheart1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
On my 21 PP1, I can tell you that the suspension is stiffer than a normal GT. You could switch out for some comfort springs from Steeda but it will change how the vehicle feels in spirited driving. I came from a 2006 GT with full FRPP track pack suspension so this feels like a cloud compared to that.
I can not say much for the Transmission as mine is a 6 speed.
The seats are better than my 06, but i will say they are nothing compared to the Audi seats I see at work everyday. I originally wanted Recaro seats but got spoiled with the A/C and heated seats and easy exit features of these seats.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
I think my back has just gotten used to the seat my back no longer hurts when I sit in it. However I still hate this damn transmission. In low gears even on normal mode itā€™s hella jerky just trying to go slow like it doesnā€™t know what gear it wants to be in. It seems to only work right when the temperature of the cylinder reaches about 200 degrees and only then but it rarely gets that high. Downshifting is awful which from what I read is quite common. Its to the point I want to just tune it from what I have read it helps a lot but I donā€™t want to void my warranty 1200 miles in. I have gotten used to the rougher ride from what I came from. But I have also read that magnaride helps with the roughness at least in normal mode and then tightens it up in the other modes still thinking about getting it just gotta decide to get the steeda version or the ford performance one.

Sponsored

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the equivalent on mine for 3yrs and love it. :sunglasses: :beer:

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
those are sedans with soft susp & lots of body roll.

go drive 4th gen corvette z51, the mustang is somewhere in between
When did they make a 4-door Challenger? :giggle:

I think my back has just gotten used to the seat my back no longer hurts when I sit in it. However I still hate this damn transmission. In low gears even on normal mode itā€™s hella jerky just trying to go slow like it doesnā€™t know what gear it wants to be in. It seems to only work right when the temperature of the cylinder reaches about 200 degrees and only then but it rarely gets that high. Downshifting is awful which from what I read is quite common. Its to the point I want to just tune it from what I have read it helps a lot but I donā€™t want to void my warranty 1200 miles in. I have gotten used to the rougher ride from what I came from. But I have also read that magnaride helps with the roughness at least in normal mode and then tightens it up in the other modes still thinking about getting it just gotta decide to get the steeda version or the ford performance one.
Unless you're prepared to trade your car in, you should stop reading about Magneride. You aren't going to be able to get it installed in your vehicle.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I agree. the OP must have faded out and your right he should forget the MR unless he changes cars.

Corporate_Rebel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 23 T Bucket 13 F150 07 Roadking