OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Paying for a feature and not getting a feature would be bad, I agree. But you get everything you pay for in 401a and it works well. If you get issues with base platform, it's a problem with base platform. That's where you overpay in case of bad quality.
Lol, what’s with people not reading the comments? I’ve said there have been numerous people also with the 400/401A, including myself, who’s had issues. It’s not just the 300/301A. People tend to forget that there are MANY people who aren’t on here who can’t comment the issues or complaints. If you’ve gotten one with no issues, consider yourself lucky.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
My only concern is if they do, am I gonna have the same issues with the new one?
Yeah, I personally think you should look for something else. A Civic or Corolla maybe? Those are well built. I had a camry in the past and it had zero cabin noises for 100k miles, also an option in your budget.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I personally think you should look for something else. A Civic or Corolla maybe? Those are well built. I had a camry in the past and it had zero cabin noises for 100k miles, also an option in your budget.
I’m looking at either a 2019 C7 GS or 2013 ZR1. Lol, the 2004 c5 z06 and 2009 c6 z06 I had didn’t have all these issues.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
hey , I m not looking to discredit your post and concerns but if I had a car I liked and it had a scratch and a few interior creeks I would isolate them if the dealer couldn't t and do my best to eliminate them and enjoy the car. The next car will have issues too. You can scratch the interior of a $200K Porsche too.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey , I m not looking to discredit your post and concerns but if I had a car I liked and it had a scratch and a few interior creeks I would isolate them if the dealer couldn't t and do my best to eliminate them and enjoy the car. The next car will have issues too. You can scratch the interior of a $200K Porsche too.
Right, but I didn’t fuck up my own car, lol. If I would have, I’d deal with it with my own money obviously. Every car I have had that’s brand new, gets traded in looking the same interior wise as day one. I take care of my shit because like I said in a earlier post, I didn’t always have money for nice things and I’ve worked my ass of to get them. If people are fine paying $40k plus for something that has issues, that’s on them. I’m not looking for people to agree with me, lol, I’m just stating the experiences I’ve had with the QC issues on the these cars.

I notated these issues to the salesperson and owner when buying the car, they’ve just gotten progressively worse over a month with no explanation. It’s an issue when I have to turn up the radio to drown it out. Some may be fine with it, but I get embarrassed when I have my girl or family member ride with me and it sounds like a piece of shit.

edit: obviously as the title states, I love the car but just hate some of the bullshit that comes with it. Then get people making comments like “why not get something else”? Obviously I love the car which is why I’m trying to get the issues sorted, but apparently reading comprehension is tough for some, lol.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
You have a right to feel that way then. Let us know if the dealer can fix the items you mention. Also get some information on the creeks and locations causing the problem. They are usually not unique to one car and maybe we can start a thread on know rattles and fixes as I have seen on other sites.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a right to feel that way then. Let us know if the dealer can fix the items you mention. Also get some information on the creeks and locations causing the problem. The are usually not unique to one car and maybe we can start a thread on know rattles and fixes as I have seen on other sites.
The right rear is definitely from the airbag canister because I had it in the 2019. They tried to remedy it with spray foam and it eventually the “welds” that secured it to the C pillar broke, so I’m curious to see what they’ll do on this one.
the driver door is a new one to me, along with the dash.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Right, but I didn’t fuck up my own car, lol. If I would have, I’d deal with it with my own money obviously. Every car I have had that’s brand new, gets traded in looking the same interior wise as day one. I take care of my shit because like I said in a earlier post, I didn’t always have money for nice things and I’ve worked my ass of to get them. If people are fine paying $40k plus for something that has issues, that’s on them. I’m not looking for people to agree with me, lol, I’m just stating the experiences I’ve had with the QC issues on the these cars.

I notated these issues to the salesperson and owner when buying the car, they’ve just gotten progressively worse over a month with no explanation. It’s an issue when I have to turn up the radio to drown it out. Some may be fine with it, but I get embarrassed when I have my girl or family member ride with me and it sounds like a piece of shit.

edit: obviously as the title states, I love the car but just hate some of the bullshit that comes with it. Then get people making comments like “why not get something else”? Obviously I love the car which is why I’m trying to get the issues sorted, but apparently reading comprehension is tough for some, lol.
Ford Performance will sell you a set of axle backs that will drown it out nicely 😉

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I had a $50k Volvo C70 in 2002.
3 bolts held the entire dash to the firewall
All 3 snapped within 2 years.

hqdefault.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't buy new, ever. I'm perfectly fine with a year or two old. Let someone else take the hit for that depreciation.
you're doing it wrong, You buy new and cram most if not all of the the 1st year depreciation (15%) down the dealer's throat. That was the case pre-'20 at least.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Hell, on the 2019 GT I traded in, they gave $1,000 more than what I owed on the trade in.
that doesn't actually mean anything vis-a-vis buy price. It just means you got out of the loan without additional penalty.
Sponsored