OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Ok, then going back to your original question on how one would pay extra for 401a - here is the rough list of things that you get over very base gt trim according to ford model builder:
Leather heat/cooled seats
Heated mirrors
Toggle switches with drive modes
"Better" audio (completely redundant when you have this engine sound)
Digital instrument cluster
MyColor
Heated steering wheel
Adaptive cruise control
Very nice BLIS
Useless navigation
Memory for seats and mirrors
Some plastic panels replaced with leather-like nicer surfaces and stitching

This is what you would pay for and get. Which of those have massive QC issues? It's perfectly fine that some people may not want or need this stuff, but that's a completely different topic. Creaks in dash panel do not make digital dash panel or toggle switches less functional. BLIS is still notifying me when there is a car coming while I back off, my steering wheel is much more comfy when warm in those colder days and I really appreciate these small leather touches here and there. Could it be better? Absolutely. Look at a German 500HP interior from big three. Then look at the price of getting a new one :crazy:

I'm not a ford fan. in case of a family sedan or an SUV, I would pick a Korean or Japanese made car without a doubt. They provide better quality value for money. But Mustang - they have nothing that comes close to it even at higher cost as far as combination of looks, performance and experience. 401a makes it more enjoyable as long as you don't expect German or Japanese interior build quality in it.
I know what comes with the 401A, lol. That’s why I said imagine spending all that money for all those features, and still having pretty bad issues.
It’s overall QC I’m talking about on the mustang, not just certain groups.
Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Wow this is a depressing thread. I never knew what a piece of junk I bought. Seriously, I get that the plastic in the dash is cheap and while the car warms up it cracks and pops and makes other weird noises. But for someone to post there were 25 identifiable issues with there car seems crazy, that or their expectations are way out of reality. As for a dash rattle that is so loud they need to turn up the radio to drown it out, that would be the easiest rattle to find, how could a dealer not locate the problem in minutes. Something doesn't add up there. Maybe a new dealer should be brought in.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow this is a depressing thread. I never knew what a piece of junk I bought. Seriously, I get that the plastic in the dash is cheap and while the car warms up it cracks and pops and makes other weird noises. But for someone to post there were 25 identifiable issues with there car seems crazy, that or their expectations are way out of reality. As for a dash rattle that is so loud they need to turn up the radio to drown it out, that would be the easiest rattle to find, how could a dealer not locate the problem in minutes. Something doesn't add up there. Maybe a new dealer should be brought in.
It’s not just the dash, it’s in the driver side door, rear right passenger c pillar, and a few other issues the dealer likely caused on accident.

I also said that I’ll be dropping the car off on the 22nd before I go in for surgery as I need it due to the lack of loaners available. The dealership already has my list and will buy it back if they can’t fix any of the issues, or if the trying to fix the issues causes new ones. So the dealer isn’t to blame, they always take good care of us.

As far as the overall expectations of reality I have for quality control issues, it’s not high which says a lot, but for a brand new car with 8 miles on it when I bought it, it’s a little ridiculous in my opinion.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I know what comes with the 401A, lol. That’s why I said imagine spending all that money for all those features, and still having pretty bad issues.
It’s overall QC I’m talking about on the mustang, not just certain groups.
Don’t take this the wrong way, I’m not trying to be a douche, but if you have all these issues then why buy a Mustang? If it’s because you love the car and the look, etc etc etc like everyone else, then why complain about it so much? Either you like the car and can get past it’s flaws or you should buy a different car.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t take this the wrong way, I’m not trying to be a douche, but if you have all these issues then why buy a Mustang? If it’s because you love the car and the look, etc etc etc like everyone else, then why complain about it so much? Either you like the car and can get past it’s flaws or you should buy a different car.
I do love the car and that’s what pains me, lol. You’d understand better if you experienced the pain in the ass situation but fortunately you don’t, and I’m glad!

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I do love the car and that’s what pains me, lol. You’d understand better if you experienced the pain in the ass situation but fortunately you don’t, and I’m glad!
Fair enough, I might have a different opinion if I had a lot of issues with mine.
My mustang is also the first and only nice/new car I’ve ever had in my life, I’m used to old pieces of shit, so my standards are a lot lower than someone who’s owned new cars before.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough, I might have a different opinion if I had a lot of issues with mine.
My mustang is also the first and only nice/new car I’ve ever had in my life, I’m used to old pieces of shit, so my standards are a lot lower than someone who’s owned new cars before.
Well, that’s the other thing as well. I grew up not having a lot of nice things and I worked my ass off and fortunately was able to afford these things about 10 years ago. Which is why I bitch and complain about spending all this money and having as many issues as I do. If it was a rattle here or there, it wouldn’t be an issue because plastic expands/contracts to temperature changes and that occurs here in Texas frequently this time of year, lol.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Kinda like dating a beautiful girl with a horrible voice.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda like dating a beautiful girl with a horrible voice.
The horrible voice I can stand, if the laugh is god awful, that’s a different story.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
It’s not just the dash, it’s in the driver side door, rear right passenger c pillar, and a few other issues the dealer likely caused on accident.

I also said that I’ll be dropping the car off on the 22nd before I go in for surgery as I need it due to the lack of loaners available. The dealership already has my list and will buy it back if they can’t fix any of the issues, or if the trying to fix the issues causes new ones. So the dealer isn’t to blame, they always take good care of us.

As far as the overall expectations of reality I have for quality control issues, it’s not high which says a lot, but for a brand new car with 8 miles on it when I bought it, it’s a little ridiculous in my opinion.
Just a thought from out of left field, are you chasing the symptoms rather than the cause. If the dash, door and c pillar all rattle the car is vibrating. My car stills perfectly still while idling. Have you thought maybe the exhaust is hitting something or the engine itself is off balance?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a thought from out of left field, are you chasing the symptoms rather than the cause. If the dash, door and c pillar all rattle the car is vibrating. My car stills perfectly still while idling. Have you though maybe the exhaust is hitting something or the engine itself is off balance?
When I test drove the car, the rattles weren’t as bad. They progressively started to get worse as time went on and occur when even on a smooth surface, but are more pronounced when going over a bumpy road. Also occur when the radio is off. Don’t know why they’d worse overtime and since it’s new, I’m gonna let the dealer take care of it.

The scratch on the dash I noticed after cleaning the car myself as it some dark colored dye came off on my new microfiber rag so it looks like they tried to cover it up but the chemical failed to blend in. The scratch on the pass side window was done by the dealer as the scratch is on the window between the tint.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Well, I went to the Hyundai site, and found a good portion of bitch threads, just like the S550 forum here. Dont tell me how great Korean or Japanese cars are, they have their share or $hit problems. https://www.thehyundaiforums.com/forums/hyundai-sonata.24/
Im sure if yo go to a Toyota, Honda, or you name it Forum you'll find a bunch of unsatisfied customers complaining about their issues, who else will listen to them?

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Ive owned both a '84 GT, 89 GT, they were great cars, solid, no issues, so the " older ones were total Shit" is a croc of B.S. Look it over good before you drive it off the lot. I've never known a rattle to go away with time.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Well, that’s the other thing as well. I grew up not having a lot of nice things and I worked my ass off and fortunately was able to afford these things about 10 years ago. Which is why I bitch and complain about spending all this money and having as many issues as I do. If it was a rattle here or there, it wouldn’t be an issue because plastic expands/contracts to temperature changes and that occurs here in Texas frequently this time of year, lol.
Maybe I’ll see more of these issues as I put more miles on the car. I’m in the inland empire in so cal so the temperature change is a lot here as well, but my car is garage kept, doesn’t go out in the rain, etc.
Sponsored