I hate bad old drivers.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I was at work this morning when one of my co-workers said I needed to go check my car.

An old lady driving a heap of s**t work truck, had parked so close that she broke my mirror and scrapped my door.

After these photos she came out and was getting ready to leave! I was waiting and stoped her. She started crying (no, I didn't yell at her) and said she has trouble seeing and was getting a "mental check" at the doctors office in my building. She said she heard it break but didn't know what happened. 🤦‍♂️ I got her insurance and her contact info after a few f-bombs (mostly to my self) she left.

And no, I couldn't have parked father away. It's a small parking lot.

And these photos are AFTER she straighted out and moved away from my car. 🤬
20240229_113038.png

20240229_113108.png

20240229_113139.png
Thankfully you got her insurance policy - hopefully her company will drop her and she'll stop driving
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Oh I believe that statistic. Definitely. The entire state clumped into one though is a stretch. Jacksonville is a lot different than here, or Sarasota, or fort Myers. Miami is a lot different as well. The West Coast is the retirement side of Florida and there aren't many places to choose from. To think older people aren't bad drivers though, is a little naive. Majority doesn't mean all, just means most.
I don't think old people aren't bad drivers, I think most of Florida is bad drivers. If you know East Tampa at all, I'll give you the perfect example. I live in Apollo Beach, not many old people around here, but if I go 5 to 7 miles south on 301 I'm in Sun City Center, plenty of old drivers and probably many not very good LOL.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I hate to tell you folks but your going to be 70 one day and may have health issues. Everybody makes mistakes...Hope you weren't rude to her
I met Paul Newman ar road atlanta when e was racing his car at 75
He came in 2nd.im 78 and still drag race a gto.so really age has nothing to do with it.but if my wife tells me im.losng it as far as driving I'll stop.th I ngs Like bad judgement making dangerous moves.running light or stop sign getting into multiple car accidents etc.

And I always park my mustang as far away as possible and half the time There's pick up next to me when I leave.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Sucks about the damage!! My mom and two sisters both live in AZ. fulltime. It's Snowbird season and time to beware of elderly drivers! On a side note.....mom is going on 86....still has her license and drives daily in the PHX area. She's lived there since 1996 and has had zero at fault accidents BUT has been hit 3 times by "Newcomers" without licenses or insurance!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
BUT has been hit 3 times by "Newcomers" without licenses or insurance!
We have the same problem in my neck of the woods. They have D/L's and insurance only cause the government practically gives it to them on a gold platter.. and they're told to keep the platter.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - The expression “shit happens“ would seem to apply here. I certainly have empathy for you. It‘s never fun getting a car damaged, regardless of who is at fault. I’m in my early 80s and realize I don’t have the quick reflexes of my younger years and that does make me try (no guarantee) to be more conscious of my driving actions. Given my youthful behavior (legal drinking age was 18 for me) I’m lucky I didn’t have a serious accident back then (2 GTOs) and to still be alive to write this comment. My license plate hints at my willingness to accept reality, however after reading some of the responses I’m thinking maybe I should get a couple of extra sets of keys for when they try to hide the keys on me… Bruce

Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I was at work this morning when one of my co-workers said I needed to go check my car.

An old lady driving a heap of s**t work truck, had parked so close that she broke my mirror and scrapped my door.

After these photos she came out and was getting ready to leave! I was waiting and stoped her. She started crying (no, I didn't yell at her) and said she has trouble seeing and was getting a "mental check" at the doctors office in my building. She said she heard it break but didn't know what happened. 🤦‍♂️ I got her insurance and her contact info after a few f-bombs (mostly to my self) she left.

And these photos are AFTER she straighted out and moved away from my car. 🤬
20240229_113038.png

20240229_113108.png

20240229_113139.png
I don’t know how you restrained yourself. Forget yelling, seems like the old lady deserved a beat down, that would teach her. Next time don’t be so forgiving.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I don’t know how you restrained yourself. Forget yelling, seems like the old lady deserved a beat down, that would teach her. Next time don’t be so forgiving.
No need for violence, a little pepper spray is all that is needed :like:

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT

After these photos she came out and was getting ready to leave! I was waiting and stopped her. She started crying (no, I didn't yell at her) and said she has trouble seeing and was getting a "mental check" at the doctors office in my building. She said she heard it break but didn't know what happened. 🤦‍♂️ I got her insurance and her contact info after a few f-bombs (mostly to my self) she left.

And these photos are AFTER she straightened out and moved away from my car. 🤬
20240229_113038.png
You could have left out age and said "I hate bad drivers" and listed all the reasons why she should have known better. ...Which were mostly her reasons, from the sound of it.

It sounds like she knew better than to drive, and just expected to get away with it.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I don't think old people aren't bad drivers, I think most of Florida is bad drivers. If you know East Tampa at all, I'll give you the perfect example. I live in Apollo Beach, not many old people around here, but if I go 5 to 7 miles south on 301 I'm in Sun City Center, plenty of old drivers and probably many not very good LOL.
Lol I completely agree. I rarely go to Tampa because of the traffic. It's crazy.
Sponsored