Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^^ And if I may say, the caliperfexion studs were designed for people in mind who do frequent brake jobs. I believe the idea was that the caliper bolt doesn't have to keep going in and out of an aluminum knuckle over and over again. The stud, once inserted, takes the wear and tear for frequent brake jobs due to heavy use (such as track events). If you don't find yourself in need of frequent brake pad replacements, this mod is probably not necessary.
Sponsored

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
^^^^ And if I may say, the caliperfexion studs were designed for people in mind who do frequent brake jobs. I believe the idea was that the caliper bolt doesn't have to keep going in and out of an aluminum knuckle over and over again. The stud, once inserted, takes the wear and tear for frequent brake jobs due to heavy use (such as track events). If you don't find yourself in need of frequent brake pad replacements, this mod is probably not necessary.
Yeah, I might never track my car as you do but as you said:
Why not get a set of caliperfexion studs and not worry about the bolts?
So, why do I have to worry? 🤣😉
Anyway, it won’t hurts for having them installed.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I spoke to Yosvaldy today - great guy. He is changing to a ceramic pad I believe and doesn't track so I recommended he stay with the stock caliper bolts as his '20R has the unique, 1 year only, knuckle that requires a slightly different length stud. I would just be sure to clean the knuckle hole thoroughly and reuse the original bolts. I would wire brush the bolts and apply a few drops of blue/medium strength threadlocker and then torque to ~135 ft-lbs.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I spoke to Yosvaldy today - great guy. He is changing to a ceramic pad I believe and doesn't track so I recommended he stay with the stock caliper bolts as his '20R has the unique, 1 year only, knuckle that requires a slightly different length stud. I would just be sure to clean the knuckle hole thoroughly and reuse the original bolts. I would wire brush the bolts and apply a few drops of blue/medium strength threadlocker and then torque to ~135 ft-lbs.
Yeah! I will buy all I need for this and I will get back to you if any doubts come out 😔
It was nice talking to you too!

Thanks. 💪🏻🐍😜
Sponsored