Sponsored

How well will Mach 1's hold their value?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
For my setup (Premium non-HP with A10, optional wheels, Elite, nav):
2023 Mach 1 - $63,230
2024 Dark Horse - $64,755

Just a small price evolution, just like it is just a small design change.

My 2021 Mach 1 price was $58,390. Now I know how the 2018-2019 guys feel, haha.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Do you consider the "harder to tune and fiddle with the software" of the 7th gen may play in favor of the Mach 1 in the long term? Of course in time better software and decryption may come, even market solutions for tuning the S660 will appear, but it will take time I guess...
My understanding is that F150 uses the same ECU and this is already cracked. So there should be tuning options at least for the first My cars. Also how many of the Mach 1's are actually mapped tuned excluding the SC ones.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
My understanding is that F150 uses the same ECU and this is already cracked. So there should be tuning options at least for the first My cars. Also how many of the Mach 1's are actually mapped tuned excluding the SC ones.
I forget which article stated this, but Ed Krenz specifically stated that software encryption has been added to the S650 to prevent unauthorized mods. And the S650 is FNV. It is extremely unlikely that any hacking or tampering will be allowed. Ford is attempting to create an ecosystem for profit and control (like Apple and Tesla).

The S550 is the last Mustang you will fully own (unless the economy or government change course). This should increase the market value of S550s in the future.

Krenz and other S650 engineers explained that the entire stack on the S650 is encrypted, including the ECU. This means that if the system detects a “break” in authentication, it will shut it down – or shut down components of the vehicle. So even if someone were to modify one of these engines, they wouldn’t be able to actually tune the car to take full advantage of it.
It was actually from Ford Authority. Interesting read, lots of people are gonna be disappointed, if they didn’t do their proper research.

Last edited:

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
ICE will be saved by hydrogen. I've read an article recently that porsche managed to squeese 550hp on a hydrogen cayenne. Thing is, it needs more air to burn effectively, so porsche used bigger and more turbos to pump in air. I hope a 5l supercharger and hydro cells will become the conversion norm in 20years, and gas will last that long ...

P.s. the article ....

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...-engines-nuerburgring-nordschleife-29401.html
Yes, I also know toyota and yamaha have a working prototype engine in a car that pushes that same amount of power as well. I honestly feel this is going to be the replacement to our current fossil fuel burning engines and not this EV garbage.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
For my setup (Premium non-HP with A10, optional wheels, Elite, nav):
2023 Mach 1 - $63,230
2024 Dark Horse - $64,755

Just a small price evolution, just like it is just a small design change.

My 2021 Mach 1 price was $58,390. Now I know how the 2018-2019 guys feel, haha.
I definitely priced out a DH the way I'd want it and it was more than 73K for one which is more than 10k more than what my M1 cost me.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
@Vertex But that's with painted stripes (5k) and carbon fiber wheels, right? You can't really count and compare with those. That could have been bought for Mach 1 in aftermarket as well for heavy coin.

Edit: Nope, just HP, Appearance Package and Recaros and it's $72.2k.

I guess Mach 1 Premium Elite HP FJG with Recaros could have been 62-63 in 2021, so yeah, +10k here.

Last edited:

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Roush S/N 22-0001 TP
They only made around 75 Roushs for the 22 year. So the limited number always contributes to value.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to nail a leftover Mach 1 for 10k off (17%) MSRP. So is that a 'sign' of holding value? Or an indication demand has dried up in a high-rate environment further compounded by S650 now available to order?

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
@Vertex But that's with painted stripes (5k) and carbon fiber wheels, right? You can't really count and compare with those. That could have been bought for Mach 1 in aftermarket as well for heavy coin.

Edit: Nope, just HP, Appearance Package and Recaros and it's $72.2k.

I guess Mach 1 Premium Elite HP FJG with Recaros could have been 62-63 in 2021, so yeah, +10k here.
Yea the optional CF wheels aren't on there yet and are also not something I'd want to spend the money on anyway. Blew my mind how much more expensive the car is with minor changes to the engine and I would honestly go as far to say as minor changes to the interior with the exception of the cluster and infotainment screen functions and addition of the infotainment screen.

Exterior changes are obviously much different but can't justify any of those changes making the cost of the car really change a whole ton since it's just differently shaped metals etc.

I like the new car minus the front end and won't catch me trading my Mach 1 in and spending the extra 10k+ on a Dark Horse. I'll just put a whipple on my Mach 1 in a year or two and be way more satisfied.
Sponsored