Sponsored

How well will Mach 1's hold their value?

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
so i've been thinking about this for awhile now and was wondering if our cars will actually be worth something in 20-30yrs seeing how the world is going "green" all of a sudden..
will there be any value in ICE cars at all if everything is electric or "something" else...?
i have a 2012 boss 302 i was hoping it would hold value but now it makes you second guess yourself....will they be pushing you to go electric and dump the ICE cars one day? only place you might see them is in a museum...(hey i know its drastic but look how HARD they are pushing us to electric)
i just dont drive the mustang much period simply due to schedules and busy-ness... mabye one day. i used to go to car shows almost every weekend in the summer but now with 2 young kids i have not been to one in at least 2 yrs just due to family stuff...
i have been driving my cars to work on nice days, up until it gets really cold and weather turns then i put them on tenders and they sit till warm weather comes back.
i would love to have a TO mach 1 or a 2004 Comp Org mach 1 or both but just dont have time, money or space to put them right now.
Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Let's just hope that our Mach 1s will last long enough to carry us over the EV era, and then we will be able to buy a brand new Mustang running on hydrogen fuel cells :D
True enough ... I've been bashed for saying this before, but our cars are not built to last 30 years. No mass produced car is. Cars today have a design life of 10 - 15 years max.

Of course there will be exceptions and pampered garage queens that will last that long or even longer, but a daily driver will never hold up that long.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I assume every car I have purchased will go down in value every single day or with every single mile driven.

If it doesn't great.

if one day it goes up that's great to

I bought it as a toy for today. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I am going to put as many miles as I can. This is a drivers car. My 14GT had 130K miles and I was able to get 19K out of it. So I am not worried on the Mach 1 as far as re-sale specially with appliance E-cars on the rise 🤷‍♂️

Note: The guy that bought my 14GT turned around and sold it for 28K!!!! Then the next guy has it for sale on offerup for 22K LOL

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
ICE will be saved by hydrogen. I've read an article recently that porsche managed to squeese 550hp on a hydrogen cayenne. Thing is, it needs more air to burn effectively, so porsche used bigger and more turbos to pump in air. I hope a 5l supercharger and hydro cells will become the conversion norm in 20years, and gas will last that long ...

P.s. the article ....

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...-engines-nuerburgring-nordschleife-29401.html

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
ICE is here to stay friends.

04mazdaspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
The ones that will hold value the most are your garage queens, low mileage cars. All my toy cars, the mach included, are garage queens and all holding value superbly. Thats not my intention though, its just a byproduct of not having enough time enjoy all my hobbies, and only choosing to drive them on nice days.

Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Looking back on some of the initial posts/analysis, there's a few things that have changed:

1. Previously, most ppl thought the M1 was only going to be a 2 year run from MY21-MY22. We now know that there's a shortened M23 run for the S550 which includes M1s. Note that MY23 M1 HPs seem to be extremely limited, only available beginning March '23.

2. S650 details have been released, including the Dark Horse which is essentially the M1 successor. It's got pretty much all the same components including the tremec, and has the next gen coyote, supposedly better steering and better rear brakes.That being said, the all digital interior and polarizing exterior has yielded lots of mixed reactions.

Curious to see what some of the original posters think now..

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
S650 Pricing has been released and the configurator is live.

Prices are base prices, no options for each model directly from Ford Site 4/3/2023

https://shop.ford.com/configure/mustang/2024/model/customize/ecoboostfastback?intcmp=vhp-bb-fbc

EcoBoost $30,920
EcoBoost Premium $36,445
EcoBoost Convertible $41,945

GT $41,495
GT Premium $46,015
GT Premium Convertible $51,515

Dark Horse $57,970

Destination charge $1,595

Get your crystal balls out, with the pricing released what are the short term and longer term impacts to Mach 1 resale?

These car corporations do tremendous amounts of market research to determine pricing, but man I see those numbers and my reaction is :shock:.

Will the market sustain these prices, time will tell.... Curious as to what others think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
S650 Pricing has been released and the configurator is live.

Prices are base prices, no options for each model directly from Ford Site 4/3/2023

https://shop.ford.com/configure/mustang/2024/model/customize/ecoboostfastback?intcmp=vhp-bb-fbc

EcoBoost $30,920
EcoBoost Premium $36,445
EcoBoost Convertible $41,945

GT $41,495
GT Premium $46,015
GT Premium Convertible $51,515

Dark Horse $57,970

Destination charge $1,595

Get your crystal balls out, with the pricing released what are the short term and longer term impacts to Mach 1 resale?

These car corporation put tremendous amounts of market research to determine pricing, but man I see those numbers and my reaction is :shock:.

Will the market sustain these prices, time will tell.... Curious as to what others think.
i’m pretty sure at the price listed on the configurator, they won’t be able to make enough of them!

1680559079433.png

….or at this price plus ADM, they’ll sit on dealer lots forever…

1680559455458.png

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The niche market for performance cars is relatively small, but the pool of available options is dwindling especially those with a manual available. I think they'll do just fine selling the Dark Horse. It's a Mach 1 carry-over feature-wise with a few additional driver assists and updated infotainment at nearly the same price. I still don't love the styling inside or out, but there's a lot of Dodge and Chevy buyers that may come around to them because of its inspirations.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Do you consider the "harder to tune and fiddle with the software" of the 7th gen may play in favor of the Mach 1 in the long term? Of course in time better software and decryption may come, even market solutions for tuning the S660 will appear, but it will take time I guess...
Sponsored