Sponsored

how to turn off any and all traction assistance?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Ah! That makes more sense. I'm a drag racer to the core. lol Never even consider road course. 2 different "tracks".

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
With Premium cars, make sure you're holding the Traction button on the left (with foot on the brake), not the Mode button on the right.

I might have made that mistake before, but I won't admit to it.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
At the track not a very good place to completely disable the ABS system. It really only needs fully disabled if you want to do a donut. Track mode on a premium car desensitizes it and traction control. At the track turn off traction control go nuts, but to completely disable advancetrac is not smart imo. Advantrac has nothing to do with wheel spin, but has to do with the cars attitude. Spin all you want, but if the car starts to get sideways advancetrac takes over. Don't want to be a wrecked Mustang meme do ya? haha
Maybe i am wrong but i feel like ANYTHING that the car does to control traction or stability is going to slow me down. I have had way faster cars that didn't have these options so i feel up to the task of handling it with no computer assistance:eyebulge:

am i reading the above post from the manual right (i read that in the manual but must have missed it)? i should hold the brake, hold trac control button until advancetrac is disable the hit the toggle AGAIN to disable traction control??

is there any way to turn all of that off in the tune? i want to be in control of power output, not the computer!!!

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
So for those of us with the base system, what can we do?

I think protocol is to hit the stability control button once, release it, and then (while on the brake) hold it in again for ~8 seconds.

Is that right?

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Try pulling fuse #62. I've heard that kills all advance-trac nannies.

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
My car is weird like that too. If I turn off traction control in sport mode it will let me smoke tires in first and then once you shift into second you can feel car take power away like nannies are coming on. I have also tried every disable/mode.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Base model perfpack here. I've tried all the different turn off or disable procedures. Just some wheel hop and chirping from rear for 10'-15' is all I get..I just chalk it all up too not enough low end torque. Done the clutch dumping too. No different. Got to do the linelock thing. Time for the gt to shed the innocence lol.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
So for those of us with the base system, what can we do?

I think protocol is to hit the stability control button once, release it, and then (while on the brake) hold it in again for ~8 seconds.

Is that right?
No. Just get in the car, start it up, and hold the stability button for 8 seconds. You'll get the advance trac disabled pop-up.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I have base PP.

Now I don't remember exactly what it says when you push it but there are 4 modes.

Default when the car starts - I'm assuming everything is enabled.
Push the button once, it disables something
Push the button 2 times back to back (not too fast) it turns advanced some sort of sport trac
Push the button and hold it for about 8 seconds and it disables other stuff.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I kept reading on this forum on how to disable advancetrac on base EB's, what everyone fails to mention is that TC has to be ON in order to disable advancetrac. I use to press the button once and turn off TC, then I'd hold it to try and disable advancetrac to no success, all that happened was that TC would turn back on.

So yeah with tc on, press and hold the tc button until the "AdvancedTrac off" prompt pops up in the dash.. now she spins them easily.. too easily Lol. Then again those 255 19' Pirelli P Zero Nero's are garbage.

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
With Premium cars, make sure you're holding the Traction button on the left (with foot on the brake), not the Mode button on the right.

I might have made that mistake before, but I won't admit to it.
With mine I can switch it in and out without being on the brake. In fact, it'll actually activate it or deactivate it with my foot in the accelerator.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I kept reading on this forum on how to disable advancetrac on base EB's, what everyone fails to mention is that TC has to be ON in order to disable advancetrac. I use to press the button once and turn off TC, then I'd hold it to try and disable advancetrac to no success, all that happened was that TC would turn back on.

So yeah with tc on, press and hold the tc button until the "AdvancedTrac off" prompt pops up in the dash.. now she spins them easily.. too easily Lol. Then again those 255 19' Pirelli P Zero Nero's are garbage.

I am doing the same thing. I turned AdvanceTrack off and the traction control would still kick in. I will try this method and see how it works. I guess Ford makes the process specific so people won't end up on those YouTube "Mustang Spins" videos lol

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I flip mine into Track Mode (disables traction control), then hold up the Traction Control button 5-7 seconds and the in-dash display says AdvanceTrac off, I click the OK button. I've never pushed down the brake. I'm pretty sure I've even done it while driving at low speeds and it works.
Sponsored