Sponsored

how to turn off any and all traction assistance?

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
ok, went out and did some testing this afternoon.

brake pressed + button held for a while = advancetrac off- status of TC unknown- press TC again (to see if I can also turn TC off)= everything back on

I tried as many options as I could and the car only spun like 3'.

As a last ditch effort I disabled advancetrac and started a burnout and rolled out and it went sideways through 1st but AS SOON as it hit 2nd it completely stopped spinning and acted like it was restricted again.... this really aggravates me. its nice that it has these features for DD purposes but I should be able to turn them off to gain control of MY CAR!!!
Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
i pulled my fuse last time i was at the track and left it off since. i HATE any sort of traction/stability/sissy control. my 800+rwhp cobra has it permanently turned off, and my single digit 67 never had the crap. if you trust your driving, remove it. if you cant drive, then please leave it on, that is what it is intended for. with the fuse pulled, the car will perform much better and respond exactly as you want. (sits back and watches as some noob pulls it and ends up in a ditch)

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i pulled my fuse last time i was at the track and left it off since. i HATE any sort of traction/stability/sissy control. my 800+rwhp cobra has it permanently turned off, and my single digit 67 never had the crap. if you trust your driving, remove it. if you cant drive, then please leave it on, that is what it is intended for. with the fuse pulled, the car will perform much better and respond exactly as you want. (sits back and watches as some noob pulls it and ends up in a ditch)
Does pulling the the fuse throw an error/warning light on the dash/cluster?

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Does pulling the the fuse throw an error/warning light on the dash/cluster?
no CEL, no warning lights. just the advance trac and trac control is illuminated, just like if you pushed the buttons.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
think I will give this a shot. at the very least it will be much easier at the track since I wont have to remember to deactivate everything.

what fuse/where is it?

Sponsored

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
think I will give this a shot. at the very least it will be much easier at the track since I wont have to remember to deactivate everything.

what fuse/where is it?
THAT'S IT!!! fuse 62 under the hood. Pulled it, stabbed it, tires went up in smoke well into second gear (I actually had to let out). Thanks for the info!

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hmmm, I will have to try that, fuse #62. I have never figured out how to turn off traction control AND advance trac. For those that say turning off advance trac turns off traction control as well I have my doubts since LC is still available and LC is disabled with TC off.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Fuse 62 eh? And those lawyers didn't make the engineers tie that into something else important! It's a miracle.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Fuse 62 eh? And those lawyers didn't make the engineers tie that into something else important! It's a miracle.
I could only guess it takes out a the ABS also???

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think it's more to do with the engine not cutting power in general when you don't want it to. At least for me it is.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
I could only guess it takes out a the ABS also???
I can not positively answer this (will test that this afternoon) but no abs lights came on as a result...

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I agree with many, I dont want the car Nannie. In fact, I feel less secure with it. This is a high powered RWD car and on the track, a lot of steering is done with the accelerator. I am concerned about pulling the fuse and loosing ABS (which is essential). Can anyone officially confirm this?

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I got my license at 16 in 1972. I survived all those years without abs. I think I'll make it a few more without it.
Sponsored