Sponsored

How to remove (increase) the speed limiter?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
That tune as been done on premium fuel (I think 98? That isn't available here), he doesn't recommend it to be used with anything below 93 .. or at least you won't have that kind of benefits, that's why I said it would be a "waste" of money in my case.
Steeda says its works for 91 or 93 oct it will remove timing if needed.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Steeda says its works for 91 or 93 oct it will remove timing if needed.
It will eventually work with the 91 we have here.. what I don't "like" is the 600€ to have 10hp more (maybe) and the limiter removed. :)
With my glorious RX8 I were used to download the stock ECU, modify whatever I wanted and up it back for the price of a chinese OBD2 interface (16€) ...it's the price of modernity. :D

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It will eventually work with the 91 we have here.. what I don't "like" is the 600€ to have 10hp more (maybe) and the limiter removed. :)
With my glorious RX8 I were used to download the stock ECU, modify whatever I wanted and up it back for the price of a chinese OBD2 interface (16€) ...it's the price of modernity. :D
Those numbers are also just peak. Three is a whole powerband to consider as well.

Very likely Mazda could till tell you edit the ECU. Even back to the 90's Ford could tell if you changed it. They just rarely have reason to check if you have.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
That's another point to take in account, whenever the (very) friendly shop assured me that they can do their stuff (I imagine it's a matter of persons, nor technical things) to make the mod irrelevant even in the case of a engine issue or dump sent to Ford for inspection (it happened already), I'm still worried that if something bad will happen, the words may face the facts and it may invalidate the warranty.

Sponsored

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
I've had mine ripped out, I couldn't get it past 158 as I recall, but that was trying in 5'th gear I remember.

A very long, straight stretch (not around here) - and car was very solid and smooth...

Very impressed, imagine it will go a little faster with the twins installed. :sunglasses:

1/2 mile racing, now that intrigues me! Wish I lived out west!

:flag:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@Bullitt69 , Time to move. The sw is calling :sun: .......... :handsinair:

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I've had mine ripped out, I couldn't get it past 158 as I recall, but that was trying in 5'th gear I remember.
If you have seen "only" 158 max, it means that you didn't pulled the 4th at limiter, and shifting to 5th at mid rpm you'll need a way more than a "long straight" to pass that speed. You should try the max speed in 4th at limiter and then shifting to 5th to see if there's space for more (I think so) ...having enough road ahead.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
10 speed auto here. It hits 158 pretty hard. Definitely room for more. I read somewhere that salt flat guys with taller tires and rear gear swaps were confirming 190+ on stock power with GPS but start to run into body panel issues near 200. Not sure if you've seen some 1320 vids, but when they run 200+ on the street the front ends of many cars (mostly those not designed for high speed) start to deform pretty wildly. Didn't the Gen-2's have bumper retention issues?

Edited to show 0mph vs 200mph.
zero.jpg

200.jpg

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Holy ****, that's either impressive or scary, not sure which

Sponsored

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I just played around yesterday afternoon and saw 163 on the dash in my Bullitt before I had to back down. Didn't know there was a limiter till reading this and wondered how much I had left. At 145 the air under the hood started really bowing and shaking the hood, more than I was expecting... but overall the car felt stable and I wish I could have kept it going.

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
I just played around yesterday afternoon and saw 163 on the dash in my Bullitt before I had to back down. Didn't know there was a limiter till reading this and wondered how much I had left. At 145 the air under the hood started really bowing and shaking the hood, more than I was expecting... but overall the car felt stable and I wish I could have kept it going.
Awesome dude! :rockon:

I didn't see to much of the air turbulence you speak of, but when I straightened mine out it was late at night with no breeze.

The cars today are leaps ahead of the older mustangs from the 70's/80's/90's, and stay true up to their top speeds.

(over 110 in my FoxBody, It felt like driving a Kite!) :crazy:

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Ye, I didn't feel anything "odd" going at those speeds (it must be because I were used to drive a much lighter car before...). What I can't cope yet is the incredible push before reaching the 4th gear, it literally takes off my foot from the clutch pedal and my shift sucks (after have drove manual cars for 25 years... :D ).

Seeyalater21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
In my 21 gt I've hit 156 mph in 4th at approximately 6.8k-7k rpms,it wouldn't go any faster than that,cuz the governor kicks on but it WANTS to go faster. There's truly no telling how fast it could go having no limitation on speed.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
In my 21 gt I've hit 156 mph in 4th at approximately 6.8k-7k rpms,it wouldn't go any faster than that,cuz the governor kicks on but it WANTS to go faster. There's truly no telling how fast it could go having no limitation on speed.
Yes they definitely have more speed and performance left on the table that we can unleash through custom tuning. We can raise the top speed / rev limits, enhance throttle response, improve transmission shifting for a few examples and more! We've seen peak gains upwards of 40 wheel HP and 37 WTQ with 93 octane premium fuel on an otherwise stock vehicle. Feel free to give us a call, PM, or email for more info and we would be happy to help.

313-561-5500
[email protected]
Sponsored

Last edited: