How to remove tire letters and numbers from shipment

icebergverg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Hello from K2897. I just received my Bullitt, and the dealership never took the paint off the tires that has the numbers on there. The dealership told me to use a wire brush to try and remove the ink from the tires. Did anyone else have this issue?, I do not want to mess the tire up by scrubbing it with a wire brush.
Sponsored

7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Your dealer should have removed it as part of dealer prep, i.e., wash car inside and out, full tank of gas...not tell you to clean it off yourself. We didnt buy the cheapest car they make, imho. Honestly, I inspected my car after it came off the truck. I didnt see ink on my tires.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Diluted Simple Green or even car wash and a handheld nylon bristle brush will remove the factory markings from the sidewalls of the tires. It won’t damage the tire.

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
Hello from K2897. I just received my Bullitt, and the dealership never took the paint off the tires that has the numbers on there. The dealership told me to use a wire brush to try and remove the ink from the tires. Did anyone else have this issue?, I do not want to mess the tire up by scrubbing it with a wire brush.
Where on the tire are these numbers/letters located? Can you post a photo?
Sponsored