Sponsored

How do you remove the damn exhaust valve connectors? Thx.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey gang, I want to insulate the ends of the exhaust valve connectors to avoid any future issue. Saw the TSB, and my car clears both the valve housing and sheetmetal, but not by much. Want to insulate the exposed wires up to the connector, but need to remove it to do a good job. Can't figure out how to do that. The only video on Youtube I found just shows the connector already off. Pulled the white tab out as far back as it goes (almost flush with the outside of the connector, just like the video), but it doesn't budge at all. And I don't see any other tab. There's like a tab at the bottom, but it can't be a tab, since there's no way to stick anything between it and the valve body. Don't want to break anything, so will wait for your help :D. Thank you.
JC
Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Hey gang, I want to insulate the ends of the exhaust valve connectors to avoid any future issue. Saw the TSB, and my car clears both the valve housing and sheetmetal, but not by much. Want to insulate the exposed wires up to the connector, but need to remove it to do a good job. Can't figure out how to do that. The only video on Youtube I found just shows the connector already off. Pulled the white tab out as far back as it goes (almost flush with the outside of the connector, just like the video), but it doesn't budge at all. And I don't see any other tab. There's like a tab at the bottom, but it can't be a tab, since there's no way to stick anything between it and the valve body. Don't want to break anything, so will wait for your help :D. Thank you.
JC
Have looked at it you will have to drop the mufflers to get access to it. You can see if you can wrap it with a heat resistant tape. But I don't know if you can since I really didn't play with it but it is tight up there.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No, you can remove them easily... once you know how :D. Forgot to update this thread. Just pull back the white tab from the lifted part. Then push down on the lifted part (which will be almost flush with the end of the connector), and that will lift a hidden front tab on the female removable connector, that will clear the locking part on the male connector body. It should snap out easily. Even re-injured my tennis elbow due to bad information I was given. Hope this helps others avoid frustration and injury :D.

By the way, I also loosened up the bracket held by a 10mm nut from the valve body, and rotated it backwards to add clearance to the harness. It worked perfectly. Hope this helps too.
Sponsored