*How To Disable New-Age Features*

Whiplash473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT/PP | '94 GT stroker
Hi. I've got a short list of things I'd like to disable on my car and am having problems finding solutions. Knowing the way things are nowadays, probably just gotta live with it. But hopefully someone can help me out with one or two of them.

I bought this car two months ago to get my truck off of daily duty. I have a 98 Silverado and a 94 GT (the project car) and am not only completely fine with having none of the new-age bells and whistles, but prefer it.

- How to disable the doors automatically locking when the car starts moving. This is the dumbest thing I think I've come across on this car, although I know this is nothing new in the automotive world. I came across a thread about it from a while back but it got way off subject without any solution. Very annoying when I stop at home to grab something from the house, leave the car running with the windows up, and go to put something in the passenger side and have to walk around, unlock, walk back, etc.

- How to disable my lights turning back on for about a minute after I exit the vehicle. Again, I don't understand why this is a thing.

- Instead of making a different thread - Is there any way to change clutch pedal height? This is my first car with a hydraulic clutch and I'm not well-versed.

- How to disable my lights turning on when unlocking or locking the car. (Damn lights go on for everything, it seems.)

I think that's all I've got right now. If I think of something else, I'll post it later. Thanks for any help on this.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Jeeeeze dude, most of those are really more about you than the car.

I am all ears on the clutch pedal part though.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4

Hi. I've got a short list of things I'd like to disable on my car and am having problems finding solutions. Knowing the way things are nowadays, probably just gotta live with it. But hopefully someone can help me out with one or two of them.

I bought this car two months ago to get my truck off of daily duty. I have a 98 Silverado and a 94 GT (the project car) and am not only completely fine with having none of the new-age bells and whistles, but prefer it.

- How to disable the doors automatically locking when the car starts moving. This is the dumbest thing I think I've come across on this car, although I know this is nothing new in the automotive world. I came across a thread about it from a while back but it got way off subject without any solution. Very annoying when I stop at home to grab something from the house, leave the car running with the windows up, and go to put something in the passenger side and have to walk around, unlock, walk back, etc.

- How to disable my lights turning back on for about a minute after I exit the vehicle. Again, I don't understand why this is a thing.

- Instead of making a different thread - Is there any way to change clutch pedal height? This is my first car with a hydraulic clutch and I'm not well-versed.

- How to disable my lights turning on when unlocking or locking the car. (Damn lights go on for everything, it seems.)

I think that's all I've got right now. If I think of something else, I'll post it later. Thanks for any help on this.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/clutch-pedal-extension-1994-2019/p/PCS68/
Screenshot_20180928-104808_Firefox.jpg

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Don't think you can change the locking doors thing. It's a safety issue I believe, helping to prevent the doors opening during an accident.

Check in the vehicle settings in the screen between the speedo and tach. Potentially there are some lighting options there.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Chexkout the ForScan thread in the DIY subforum. Some of this stuff may be possible.

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Don't think you can change the locking doors thing. It's a safety issue I believe, helping to prevent the doors opening during an accident.

Check in the vehicle settings in the screen between the speedo and tach. Potentially there are some lighting options there.
its in the center screen optiosn.

you can disable auto lock and auto unlock.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Whiplash473

Whiplash473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)

Between you and Jetnoise, this is why I don't go on the forums anymore.

It's my car and I don't like the lights turning on for no reason. Not sure why this is such a shock or why it's such a big deal.

Thank you but not the solution I'm looking for. I'm looking to lower the height so it catches right off the floor board anyways.

Not there. Thanks though.

Chexkout the ForScan thread in the DIY subforum. Some of this stuff may be possible.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into it.

its in the center screen optiosn.

you can disable auto lock and auto unlock.
I've read the manual plenty, but it doesn't help when the things the manual is pointing out don't exist on you car.

97Avi3X.jpg

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
It's my car and I don't like the lights turning on for no reason. Not sure why this is such a shock or why it's such a big deal.

Thank you but not the solution I'm looking for. I'm looking to lower the height so it catches right off the floor board anyways.

Not there. Thanks though.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into it.

I've read the manual plenty, but it doesn't help when the things the manual is pointing out don't exist on you car.

Guess they updated it for 18, cause that's how I turned mine off.

If you read your manual, it clearly states the auto lock and unlock can't be disabled by the end user.

Here is the thread on forscan
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/

Here is the list of user changable options to date
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Il6nt9h5MGW-NWEPc04cN-ro60/edit#gid=725054476

Auto locks isn't listed.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If you're thinking of something called 'Headlamp Exit Delay', doesn't that have a 'cancel' via the directional signal lever?

Interior lights or headlamps here?

- How to disable the doors automatically locking when the car starts moving. This is the dumbest thing I think I've come across on this car, although I know this is nothing new in the automotive world.
Perhaps the dealer can still do this. If so, finding one who will might be the bigger difficulty. FWIW, I find it more than a little insulting to be treated like a five year old by auto-lock (my daughter's car has this feature as well).

I bought this car two months ago . . . and am not only completely fine with having none of the new-age bells and whistles, but prefer it.
Trust me, I know where you're coming from and I'm not on board with letting other people pushing the way they want things done on me either. It's been said that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions . . .

Be a little careful here. You don't want too low of a pedal with a hydraulic clutch. If the pedal gets soft for any reason (such as air getting in the line), you may not be able to fully disengage the clutch. That's a big difference from linkage clutch mechanisms. More like a cable-operated clutch where a too-low pedal could leave you in the same bad position once a couple of cable strands break and the cable starts to unravel (lengthening itself in the process).

Norm

Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Look for "black out mode" / "Police black out mode" in Forscan, that combined with disabling the auto lamps should get the lights behaving how you want. I don't think there is a way to disable the gill lights though.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... most of those are really more about you than the car.
Isn't that the basic reason why all of us do any mods at all? Because the way the car was supplied wasn't exactly the way we might prefer it? Yeah, most times mods are about appearance, or additional tech, or performance, or cornering & handling, but what I'm getting at here is that any change we make, we make for ourselves.

The '08 and the '10 in my sig each came with things that quickly became annoying to me but which most people either don't notice or resign themselves to putting up with. I won't go into detail beyond mentioning that for one of those I shorted a switch to essentially make what it controlled "always on", and for the other I unplugged something (I recently removed the unplugged thingy completely because it was getting in my way when dealing with something else). So I get what OP wants to do here.

Norm

OP
OP
Whiplash473

Whiplash473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Look for "black out mode" / "Police black out mode" in Forscan, that combined with disabling the auto lamps should get the lights behaving how you want. I don't think there is a way to disable the gill lights though.
I'll look into it, thanks.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I would be curious if you are talking about the headlights or interior lights as well. When my car locks the lights only flash for a brief second. Could you be leaving your headlights on "Auto"?
Sponsored