Whiplash473

Whiplash473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT/PP | '94 GT stroker
Sorry I didn't get back to these sooner. I really didn't expect me trying to simply have the vehicles lights not turn on for certain things would stain my existence in the M6G community. I really don't understand the controversy, you'd think I made a thread about yanking the 5.0 and converting it over to a Nissan Leaf battery or something. Thank you for those that have helped out.

Search on this Forum about using FORScan and you’ll find a couple of threads about making changes to your vehicle...then look at the thread below.

Here is a thread about what changes we’ve been able to make so far:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/forscan-codes-s550-mustangs.98260/
Thanks. A few others have mentioned ForScan, apparently that's the way to go. I'll check it out.

If you're thinking of something called 'Headlamp Exit Delay', doesn't that have a 'cancel' via the directional signal lever?

Negative, maybe different trim package?

Interior lights or headlamps here?

Headlights. I should've specified.

Perhaps the dealer can still do this. If so, finding one who will might be the bigger difficulty. FWIW, I find it more than a little insulting to be treated like a five year old by auto-lock (my daughter's car has this feature as well).

Agreed, but above all else, you can still open the door from the inside. They must just be playing off of the fact that so many people like to be locked into their own little world. I don't live in the city and have yet to meet someone who was a victim of a car-jacking. Again, it's not that it does it that's a problem, it's the fact that you have to jump through hoops to disable it. Can't it be as simple as changing the interior light color for those of us who use our heads?

Trust me, I know where you're coming from and I'm not on board with letting other people pushing the way they want things done on me either. It's been said that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions . . .

Well put. I'm gonna have to remember that one.

Be a little careful here. You don't want too low of a pedal with a hydraulic clutch. If the pedal gets soft for any reason (such as air getting in the line), you may not be able to fully disengage the clutch. That's a big difference from linkage clutch mechanisms. More like a cable-operated clutch where a too-low pedal could leave you in the same bad position once a couple of cable strands break and the cable starts to unravel (lengthening itself in the process).

Agreed and understood. I pretty much ride the bike to work all summer but since about the time I made this thread, it's been down in the low 40s heading out in the morning, so I've been driving the car. Point being, I've actually gotten used to it for the most part but I know hilarity will ensue next time I hop in the 94. I've noticed it's not so much pedal height (although still a little high) as much as throw. Seems like a lot of travel from barely engaged to fully engaged. Guess I'll wait on this until I put a clutch in it.

Norm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JsjNNLuEvLQa7PEcSN7v6AjN_t9rWvz0npQpcBbU_u0/edit?usp=sharing

This is the latest spreadsheet for Forscan.
Line 18 is the door lock in motion feature. It can be disabled.

I thought I saw in the information display under vehicle settings that there was an option to adjust auto lamp delay but I didn’t actually check it out so I could be wrong about that.
Great, thanks.

Not that I saw, but I'll look again later tonight.

Isn't that the basic reason why all of us do any mods at all? Because the way the car was supplied wasn't exactly the way we might prefer it? Yeah, most times mods are about appearance, or additional tech, or performance, or cornering & handling, but what I'm getting at here is that any change we make, we make for ourselves.

The '08 and the '10 in my sig each came with things that quickly became annoying to me but which most people either don't notice or resign themselves to putting up with. I won't go into detail beyond mentioning that for one of those I shorted a switch to essentially make what it controlled "always on", and for the other I unplugged something (I recently removed the unplugged thingy completely because it was getting in my way when dealing with something else). So I get what OP wants to do here.

Norm
giphy.gif

I would be curious if you are talking about the headlights or interior lights as well. When my car locks the lights only flash for a brief second. Could you be leaving your headlights on "Auto"?
Headlights. Mine stay on for a while despite having set them in the display to the shortest time. I'm not sure why they have to turn on at all but even if them flashing was an option from the factory, that would be better. Negative, I turn them on and off manually.

EDIT: Are you referring to locking the car during the day or at night? Mine changes accordingly. If I lock it when it's light outside, all the running lights flash once (this doesn't bother me in the slightest, if I could get the car to do this day or night, I'd be fine with it.) However, when I lock the car at night (again, I don't use auto headlights) all the lights turn on. Headlights and brake lights will flash, then the running lights, gill lights, and tail lights remain on for what I'd guess to be 15secs.
Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Geeeeeze Tyler what are you 73?! :crackup::crackup::crackup: Nice to see a familiar face around here!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
- How to disable the doors automatically locking when the car starts moving. This is the dumbest thing I think I've come across on this car, although I know this is nothing new in the automotive world. I came across a thread about it from a while back but it got way off subject without any solution. Very annoying when I stop at home to grab something from the house, leave the car running with the windows up, and go to put something in the passenger side and have to walk around, unlock, walk back, etc.
Doesn't the door unlock with the fob in your pocket/on your person?
would it be easier to press the unlock button on the fob instead of walking around the car?
If you left the key inside, why didn't mislock unlock the doors?

When you press the unlock button on the fob once, does it unlock both doors or just driver side?

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Maybe they changed things for 18 but my car just flashes the running lights and taillights when you lock and unlock using the door handles and it can be locked and unlocked from the passenger door as well.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
would it be easier to press the unlock button on the fob instead of walking around the car?

When you press the unlock button on the fob once, does it unlock both doors or just driver side?
What makes any of this better than not having any automatic locking & unlocking in the first place?

Norm

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Lots of the electronics is just jumbled together crap. Seems like about 1/4 of the time my door handle hasn’t unlocked by the time I lift up on it (was raped twice because of it.) I notice all the time at dusk and dawn my instrument cluster doesn’t know if it should be lit up or not, I see it turning on/off as I drive around in low light conditions. Stupid to have the car flash all the lights when entering/exiting the vehicle, wtf? And the fancy shit stereo, just an abomination, would prefer a $150 pioneer single din deck over the catastrophe that Ford sold with the car.

Reactions: Why
OP
OP
Whiplash473

Whiplash473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)

I leave the key in the car when it's running.

Again, key is in the car.

Not sure, but it don't.

Both doors.

Maybe they changed things for 18 but my car just flashes the running lights and taillights when you lock and unlock using the door handles and it can be locked and unlocked from the passenger door as well.
During the day or at night? As I said before, mine does this during the day but at night the gill lights, running lights, and tail lights stay on for about 15sec.

What makes any of this better than not having any automatic locking & unlocking in the first place?

Norm
Agreed.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

Norm
Not saying it's better, but the operation of his vehicle sounds off.

Especially if the doors are locking with the fob inside.

I can confirm. On my '16 the lights turn off as soon as I lock the car. If I don't lock (either via fob or thumb-spot) the lights will remain on for 15-20 seconds.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Not saying it's better, but the operation of his vehicle sounds off.

Especially if the doors are locking with the fob inside.
That could well be the case. :like:

And that's its own reason for not introducing so much complexity into making such simple tasks happen.

Norm

Sponsored

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
During the day or at night? As I said before, mine does this during the day but at night the gill lights, running lights, and tail lights stay on for about 15sec.

Agreed.
Mine I am very sure is the same result whether it's day or night.

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mine I am very sure is the same result whether it's day or night.
Just checked it before I came into work. When I shut the car off, the amber driving lights as well as the 3 LED bar lights in the headlights as well as the rear driving lights stayed on. As soon as I tapped the lock pad on the door handle, everything went off and the amber lights flashed along with the tail lights. The flashed once and then everything was off.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
whippy got a new whip?!?? :clap:

OP
OP
Whiplash473

Whiplash473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Just checked it before I came into work. When I shut the car off, the amber driving lights as well as the 3 LED bar lights in the headlights as well as the rear driving lights stayed on. As soon as I tapped the lock pad on the door handle, everything went off and the amber lights flashed along with the tail lights. The flashed once and then everything was off.
Interesting. I'll try that tonight.

whippy got a new whip?!?? :clap:
Wow, been a while! Glad to see you've still got the SN95 as well.

Yeah, new daily. Exhaust, wheels/tires, rear suspension work, and I'll call it a day.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
Wow, been a while! Glad to see you've still got the SN95 as well.

Yeah, new daily. Exhaust, wheels/tires, rear suspension work, and I'll call it a day.
i was thinking the same for you! and my 18 is also my new DD. minimal things for quite a few years.
Sponsored