Sponsored

How to “restick” the corner of a vinyl stripe?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
So I was washing the car yesterday as it’s time to get it ready for the season. I noticed a very small flap on the edge side on my front bumper. What are other people doing when they run across this? Is there a way to add a little bit more adhesive to lock that down?

It’s the section between the hood and the grille. So the top of the fascia?

For context, I am using the BigWorm kit. They did give me however, I can see what options I have before going that route.
Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
The kit you have may be the only way

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What did Big Worm give you?

My pinestripes are doing the same, and I was considering just some rubber cement or super glue.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Just the regular kit. Their stuff is great. It may have been the shop who installed it over my PPF or it just may be that I love to wash my car once a week in the summer time and water from the hose eventually lifts a corner.

im hesitant to use crazy glue due to it being a pain to take off once its time to swap the vinyl (faded, torn etc)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
3M used to make automotive adhesive in a somewhat small rattle can. Not sure if they still do, I would try searching for something like that.

I had red pinstripes on my previous Mustang (also from Big Worm) and I had an end tucked under the trunk that was coming up. Luckily I had enough left from the original install that I just replaced that whole piece.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
3M used to make automotive adhesive in a somewhat small rattle can. Not sure if they still do, I would try searching for something like that.

I had red pinstripes on my previous Mustang (also from Big Worm) and I had an end tucked under the trunk that was coming up. Luckily I had enough left from the original install that I just replaced that whole piece.
Will investigate when not at the office lol

yeah I have enough left over from the install 2 summers ago that I can do that however they would have to bring a guy in and I’m not sure how it would impact the PPF below.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
If it's peeled back then chances are the vinyl adhesive is probably already compromised with contaminates. I would be VERY hesitant to use any kind of gorilla glue to stick it back down.

3m 77 adhesive is what i would use. Tape off the bumper around it, and be delicate with how much you apply. let it tack up for a minute or two before you stick it back down.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Just the tip of the corner is not sticking back down. So yeah guessing it’s got contaminants on it. it’s literally just the corner but I’m OCD and want my stuff perfect!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If it's peeled back then chances are the vinyl adhesive is probably already compromised with contaminates. I would be VERY hesitant to use any kind of gorilla glue to stick it back down.

3m 77 adhesive is what i would use. Tape off the bumper around it, and be delicate with how much you apply. let it tack up for a minute or two before you stick it back down.
That’s the one I was thinking of. Thanks, it had been a while since I needed what I had and I ended up pitching it when I moved a few years back.

Sponsored

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Not to hijack this thread, but another reason why I WISH this car was offered with painted stripes...even if just a premium option. I get the cost argument, but in this price tier, I doubt demand would have been impacted by an extra $2-4K to have these stripes painted on from the factory...useless thought, I know, and I love this car NO less because of the vinyl, but def one of my only complaints about the car...

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I doubt demand would have been impacted by an extra $2-4K to have these stripes painted
FYI. The hand-painted stripes on the GT500 were $10,000. The vinyl stripes on the GT350 were $450.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
FYI. The hand-painted stripes on the GT500 were $10,000. The vinyl stripes on the GT350 were $450.
Yeah I think if they did it on a more mass produced basis they could have cut that in half...making it a premium option is one thing, rolling it into the cost of the car is another...and I bet they could have done that for MUCH less if they wanted to make the car feel a bit more premium for the money.

That said, the package Ford produced here for the money I think will go down as one of the best packages per dollar of all time in the auto industry, so no complaints from me at all...just saying it would have been nice.

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Yeah I think if they did it on a more mass produced basis they could have cut that in half...making it a premium option is one thing, rolling it into the cost of the car is another...and I bet they could have done that for MUCH less if they wanted to make the car feel a bit more premium for the money.
I could see it costing around $10k to have a decent shop paint a simple stripe. I imagine a robot in a factory on the line could do it for significantly less.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
A good shop could do it for much less than $10k. MUCH less.

Ford made big bucks on that. They scaled the cost to the demographic. 21 year old kids (your average one) aren't buying GT500 cars and thus can't afford the 10k.

Dudes that can afford to take their Mustang to the track on weekends as their hobby? Those are the guys that Ford wants to fleece and they can afford it.
Sponsored