Sponsored

How much did paint protection cost you?

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
$4500 full Xpel wrap + $1500 Ceramic Pro 9H on all paint, glass, interior, wheels, lugs and calipers

If i buy a car like this again will take exact same course but all will be done before I even drive it home.
Sponsored

MattyMo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankshipintl.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
$2,200 for full front, A-pillars and front portion of the roof, mirrors, headlights, rockers and in front/behind rear wheels with Xpel film. Might not have been the cheapest but the installer did a great job and I felt most comfortable with him doing the stripes.
I had a very similar xpel application done with a paint correction, CQuartz and 3m Crystaline tints and it came to $5300. While not cheap the car came out amazing and I couldn't be happier. I haven't thought for a second I wish I didn't do this. I shipped installers instead of price and went with the guy with the best established reputation.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
$4500 full Xpel wrap + $1500 Ceramic Pro 9H on all paint, glass, interior, wheels, lugs and calipers

If i buy a car like this again will take exact same course but all will be done before I even drive it home.
So you put the ceramic pro over the xpel? Aren't you just polishing the Xpel then? I honestly don't know how that works so I'm curious if it looks as good as being directly on the paint?

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
So you put the ceramic pro over the xpel? Aren't you just polishing the Xpel then? I honestly don't know how that works so I'm curious if it looks as good as being directly on the paint?
It looks exactly the same. I actually had Xpel on impact areas only & full Ceramic Pro done first. Then later I saw chips on rear panels and kept hearing debris hitting my doors so I went back for full wrap. Installer put another coat of Ceramic Pro all the way around. Point is I saw both versions and it all looks phenomenal. The pics in my build thread are just after I got it back the first round.

Not only does it look good it also added additional hydrophobic qualities and chemical protection to the Xpel. Maybe overkill but this is probably a once in a lifetime purchase for me....probably.

Sponsored

SolidZebra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
3M $400 ($250 kit and $150 installation) installed bumper, headlights, mirrors, wheel arches and half hood. We pay more for our cars here but maintenance and labor intensive jobs like this are cheaper in the tropics.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Xpel Ultimate on the nose, partial hood, mirrors, door edges, thresholds, rear quarter flare area, and inner wheel lips on front for $795 done remote at my shop.

Installer also installed my flat-black rocker stripes for an extra $100.

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Film is generally coated because the coatings tend to be more chemical resistant that the films themselves. They also make the PPF easier to clean (think bug guts).

O-H-5-0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350; 2016 F-150
Film is generally coated because the coatings tend to be more chemical resistant that the films themselves. They also make the PPF easier to clean (think bug guts).
I had the film coated with Ceramic Pro for this reason.

Lightning Blue GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duey
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 #H2996, 12 FX35, 09 G37S
I paid $3000 for the whole front of the car. he did the head lights running lights fenders whole hood side mirrors clay barred the hole car and ceramic coated the whole car rims brakes and they installed my splitter. I am going back to do the a pillars roof and rear trunk wing and the back lid for $850.
I would recommend XPEL it works I have had a few rocks on the interstate hit the front fenders I know that the paint would have been destroyed if I did not have the film on. I know I can drive this car and have fun!
:headbang: :ford: :headbonk:
Sponsored