Sponsored

How many S550 Owners don't use all the Tech available to them in their S550?

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Actually I enjoy much of the tech in mine. Apple CarPlay with waze, all the safety gear but mostly adaptive cruise, heated and cooled seats are huge in the vert, quiet start and ae I use extensively. Steering modes, remote start etc. nothing I really don’t like. Car was bought as a fun holiday cruiser toy and it does that beautifully. I think once you embrace all tech as flawed you get on with what you like and ignore what you don’t. My main dislike of tech -it is a snapshot in time and very quickly makes a car look outdated.
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
  • I used heated and cooled seats, and heated steering wheel.
  • I use carplay (music, maps, etc.) via hardwire so I don't really get into the sync screen unless its for the steering wheel or to adjust settings.
  • I use normal and sport modes, and then just hit the skinny pedal as needed
  • I use both active and prehistoric cruise depending on the situation (terrible slow traffic vs open road).
  • Remote start is great, auto wipers are great...

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'm sure there is a lot of stuff I don't use.

I do switch my drive modes a lot although lately, I find myself just flipping it to TRACK when I get out of my immediate neighbour in the morning and quiet mode is no longer required.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Heck, you’re ahead of me. I’ve heard of Sync 3 but I don’t even know what it is. If it has anything to do with hooking up to some Ford app I don’t want to know either.
Lol … you have a Premium Car so you have Sync3. It’s the screen in the middle of your dash.

If you have a iPhone you can connect to your car and get AppleCarplay. If you download the app “Waze” on your iPhone you‘ll have another map or navigation on The sync 3 screen. But this one tells you where all the Police are :sunglasses:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Lol … you have a Premium Car so you have Sync3. It’s the screen in the middle of your dash.

If you have a iPhone you can connect to your car and get AppleCarplay. If you download the app “Waze” on your iPhone you‘ll have another map or navigation on The sync 3 screen. But this one tells you where all the Police are :sunglasses:
Oh ok thanks, so it’s just basically the screen. You’re kinda forced to use that to access climate controls and a few other things so I guess I’m a high-tech wizard after all! I personally would have preferred just plain old knobs and switches but obviously I’m in the minority. I will say that my wife sometimes uses the GPS screen when she’s aboard and is looking for something.

My wife does use Waze but she does so from her iPhone app. She had her phone paired up to the car system but I had her unhook it out of fear that it might allow my driving habits to be beamed from her phone to Ford, who I’m certain would gleefully forward it to my insurance company. Can’t be too careful in today’s snoopy-ass world of intrusive tech! If you own a cellphone you can’t eliminate it but maybe you can slow it down a bit.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I don`t think there are many people that use every single piece of tech in the car. Ford and other companies offer bunch of different stuff that may appeal to everyone in some way.

Beyond the basic control like A/C heat, heated/cooled seats. I use the apple car play sometimes but my most used tech would be the different driving modes/active exhaust via switches.

I also keep the safety equipment on. But always turn off lane keep assist. Although I don`t remember if my mustang has it or not.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
So with vehicles getting more and more burdened with "tech", I was curious to know how many S550 Owners don't even utilize all (or even half) of the available "tech" they either opted for when buying new (or what came with their "used" S550)?
I never left the hill assist on for longer than a week. Almost felt like having training wheels on a bike you already know how to ride. Every now and then I think about all the sensors and gismos that could go out and the cost associated with them.

EDIT -

If I could ditch the push to start and go back to a key I would. I prefer always knowing where the keys are and not have to pull apart the fob when the battery or car battery dies.

Last edited:

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Things I use:
  • heat/cool seats (such as they are)
  • heated wheel
  • auto setting for HVAC (at least in the winter)
  • remote start (in winter, it lights the seat and the wheel)
  • Android Auto, occasionally, usually when I want traffic, and Google Maps is more up to date than the now 4 year old nav maps or if I want to listen to Spotify instead of the some 1000 songs on my thumb drive
  • winter mode in snow
  • active cruise
  • blind spot for close quarters only, my mirrors are adjusted so far out that I see vehicles in them before the warning light comes on
  • I muck with available gauges in the digital dash, although generally its A/F, boost/vacuum and volts
Things I don't use:
  • My Color, which I set to red ambient and set the digital dash the way I liked it and that was it
  • drive modes, I simply swap between D and S, I guess if I pulled up beside someone and wanted to race (like that would ever happen) I would put it into drag mode
  • steering modes, I found very little difference between comfort, normal and sport
  • line lock
  • easy exit, which I was using until I put in the Love the Drive wind blocker and found out that the seat moving back hit the seat belt loop on the front bracket of the blocker
  • the sheer magnetism of the car to pick up chics (my wife would probably not like that)

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Things I use:
  • heat/cool seats (such as they are)
  • heated wheel
  • auto setting for HVAC (at least in the winter)
  • remote start (in winter, it lights the seat and the wheel)
  • Android Auto, occasionally, usually when I want traffic, and Google Maps is more up to date than the now 4 year old nav maps or if I want to listen to Spotify instead of the some 1000 songs on my thumb drive
  • winter mode in snow
  • active cruise
  • blind spot for close quarters only, my mirrors are adjusted so far out that I see vehicles in them before the warning light comes on
  • I muck with available gauges in the digital dash, although generally its A/F, boost/vacuum and volts
Things I don't use:
  • My Color, which I set to red ambient and set the digital dash the way I liked it and that was it
  • drive modes, I simply swap between D and S, I guess if I pulled up beside someone and wanted to race (like that would ever happen) I would put it into drag mode
  • steering modes, I found very little difference between comfort, normal and sport
  • line lock
  • easy exit, which I was using until I put in the Love the Drive wind blocker and found out that the seat moving back hit the seat belt loop on the front bracket of the blocker
  • the sheer magnetism of the car to pick up chics (my wife would probably not like that)
I'm surprised you don't seem to feel much different between steering modes. I feel they are night and day between each other, especially the difference between comfort and sport.

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I usually enjoy the tech in modern cars. Love the heated and cooled seats. Although the cooled seats are ok at best. My Chargers cooled seats were twice as good. I miss having a heated steering wheel! Love the 8" screen for android auto, apple carplay and the reverse camera. Wish I had the rain sensing wipers. I'll get bored with the my colors I have and change them periodically but then go back to the original colors I picked. lol. Always going back and forth between normal and sport plus modes. HATE the hill assist. Good for some I'm sure but I turned it off after the first couples days.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
HATE the hill assist. Good for some I'm sure but I turned it off after the first couples days.
not only is it dumbing down driver skill, there's an actual emergency handbrake RIGHT THERE. WTF was Ford thinking?

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I use all mine + a Cobb with 4 gauges. It's the reason I got the premium package.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Although I have the 401a package I haven’t figured out how to make the TPMS do anything but let me know there’s a low tire somewhere. Can anybody enlighten me how to get it to display the actual pressure at each corner, without having to sign up for Ford Pass?
Assuming you have the digital dash it's in the Trip/Fuel info screen. Press the settings button on the steering wheel (little gear image) and open the trip fuel window. Scroll using the up/down arrows until you get to the tire pressure screen.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I'm surprised you don't seem to feel much different between steering modes. I feel they are night and day between each other, especially the difference between comfort and sport.
I should probably qualify that...I wouldn't use comfort and I don't feel enough difference between normal and sport to really bother in everyday driving.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
There was another thread on this, from the posts it looks like the majority of us with the option think the Ford Mustang cooled seats are lame. I've driven other cooled seat cars of less value that do the job way better.
My Sierra cooling seats blow the mustang cooling seats out of the water. No idea how Ford's are this bad
Sponsored