Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
Wow. ..This thread sure brought a big SMILE :) on my Face.... lol...
65 this coming September. Bought my Pony New in 2017. GT PP. LOVE every sec in it. Not a DD
so it's like the first ever ride every time I go for a Gallup. Cars no longer stock, Steeda CAI, c/w Tune, Roush X Pipe, Slightly Slammed. etc, etc....... Yup... 29 in my Mind...... I Constantly get stopped with walk overs.....with "Nice" Comments on the car.

2019-05-21 14.10.10.jpg

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Not technically a GT, but, I bought my BULLITT at 60. Love everything about it (now that I fixed the horn).

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
Have had my 2016 GT for 3 years. My 4th Mustang at 56 years old. This one's my favorite. The others were 1st gens.

20180715_093258_resized upload.jpg
On a side note and not to hijack this thread... Love your strips! Hummmmmmm..... :idea: Color tooooooooo. ....

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
How does one contact a moderator to suggest creating a Senior Citizen Owners Group?
Wayne
I suggest we ask for a section call kids over 50 :like: post your other ideas?

Last edited:

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I'm 61 and I really did not expect this forum to have as many patriarchal members I guess. I figured the Mustang in general being an "affordable" car would attract a younger crowd and I imagine it does dependent on generation/model. What I find funny is that my previous two fun cars were Vettes. I was looking for another but there were plenty of posts about vettes being "old folks cars". And usually when I saw a vette, it had a guy my age in it. So I'm shopping around and I have had a 67 and 70 Mustang but really wanted something more modern. Well over Xmas I found a 16 GTP with a Roush, clear bra, Borla all professionally done with 8500 miles on it. So that was that and I would have to go way back to my 70 GTO to think of a car that was near as much fun. Would be happy to join the "Kids over 50" club. Or new forum, or Facebook page?? Anyway..
01.JPG

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
I know my way around a bit. 1st thing lets figure out what we want the section the called. SO we don't end up with a title that says retired old fat guys with fast cars :giggle::facepalm:
Centrum Silver 'Stangs
AARP Driver's Club
Fogey's Forum

*Just kidding, of course!:)"

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
I know my way around a bit. 1st thing lets figure out what we want the section the called. SO we don't end up with a title that says retired old fat guys with fast cars :giggle::facepalm:
Great point. Your kids over 50 sets the tone. Hopefully your post will generate feedback.

Deleted member 35786

Centrum Silver 'Stangs
AARP Driver's Club
Fogey's Forum

*Just kidding, of course!:)"
AARP over 50 and still kicking thread! :giggle:

Not sure if we can have an blurp for AARP, advertising issue maybe? Dunno.. But I like it.

Or
I did get this t shirt a year ago for my 50th bday.. We could use that line.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

Sponsored

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I like "Kids over 50." This thread warms my heart. When I sometimes wonder if I'm weird for being 66 going on 18 I will pull up this thread and know that I'm not alone.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
Yep I’m 72 and have driven performance cars all my life. When I was a teenager we would build performance engines by blueprinting and by shaving heads from junk yard cars. Mostly hemi’s and big block fords. They we’re for straight line and oval track racing mostly. In the 2000’s the Germans got their act together and started producing performance cars. They are good cars but not muscle cars. I ordered a 2016 Mustang GT, manual shift with the PP option and love it. I get most of the “hold onto the seat of your pants” from days past. It’s got cloth seats that don’t get hot and nothing extra you don’t need. My only gripe is the shifter mount. It’s only half mounted to the trans in an effort to elevate vibration. It’s to slow and the vibration is part of the RAW experience you look for in a muscle car. I hope all you gear heads love your Mustangs and wring them out safely. I’ve been doing it for over 50 years hope you can to.

Mike D

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
I was 14 and already a gear head when the Mustang was released. It was love at first site. I expect it was the same with many of you.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....the look on the salesman's face was priceless...."Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?....
100% pure assumptions based on emotions.

Enjoy your car, DGAF about what others think.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I'm only 46 but I remember my sisters first car was a 68 Coupe. I was hooked after that. Owned a 1977 hatchback with 302 in high school, ugly AF but fast and nibble for the time. Bought a 70 Grande in the Marines, sold it before going overseas and then in 1993, bought a 1970 Sportsroof Mach I clone. After 20 years of sitting, it's in the refurb process right now. Bought my 18 GT last year for fun while working the 70. Almost done welding in the floor pan yesterday.
IMG_20180823_212201647.jpg
Sponsored