How many G's y'all gettin'?

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Its too bad they don't incorporate these filters you spoke of though into the software; would love to know how they work. Would be really cool to have a gauge that couldn't be contaminated with false data points so easily.
The vBox filters are simple averaging n-samples. There's probably more sophisticated filters that can be applied both in hardware and software. I forgot to mention that sampling rate has an effect as well. The slower the sampling rate, the more pronounced the spikes appear in the data. That's not saying they don't appear in higher sampling rates as well, but with higher sampling rates it's much easier to apply a best-fit algorithm to the data set. If I found the correct IMU on the GT350 CAN bus, they sample at 50 Hz. I haven't got back to that project recently, so I might have to update that figure when I finalize my findings.

Fairchild has a really nice set of IMU's that they've put on the market in the last year or so. Internally, they sample at an incredible 2k sampling rate, but they limit the output data rate (ODR) to a very low 75 Hz. So by oversampling, they apply some really nice averaging filters onto the data. Their target market is drones and the like where you need high accuracy, but don't have the bandwidth to transmit over the air. It would be nice if they had a similar set of sensors that had a 400 Hz ODR because it would be ideal for virtual reality devices. But I digress...
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ive seen 1.5s laterally but most tracks have banked sections

I see 1.6s on my lap recorder but that's probably the mount moving

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
1.6-1.7g lat G with "street" tire (3R or a052 recently) of course on track in a safe environment with real gauge (like Aim solo or APEX PRO)
Incredible for those heavy cars is the braking power 1.28g
Video just for an example

Sponsored

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 • 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon
Had fun on some twisty backroads. Acceleration Gs aren’t too high as there weren’t many straights, but did some aggressive cornering.
FD1DDF4A-CF79-4FD0-9459-E6C6FDFA1B09.jpeg

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
out of interest - sorry for a potential threadjack - but does anybody know if its possible to just replace the tach/rpm background to get the km if you need em? Or simply replace the gauge cluster?
My car is an actual Canadian delivery, the mechanical oil and temp gauges in the center of the dash are in metric and all of the defaults on the car are metric, but the speedometer is still in MPH primarily with the KM being shown secondary.

Anything is possible with enough money and time, but there is no plug and play solution to the problem from the Ford catalog.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Had fun on some twisty backroads. Acceleration Gs aren’t too high as there weren’t many straights, but did some aggressive cornering.
FD1DDF4A-CF79-4FD0-9459-E6C6FDFA1B09.jpeg
Clear your setttings. 1.5 is the max and is always displayed on the left and decel by default after calibration.
Sponsored