OP

DavesNotBored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Good luck with that, a 30 year old manufactured home on an 7500 sq ft lot around here is 250k, at least.
If you say so. A quick look at Zillow shows multiple single family homes under 200k, and tons of options under 500k with multi-car garages. Around here, you would find *nothing* under 200k, and only one bedroom condominiums under 500k. I am sure prices will go up, once you win the war holding off the scorpions and fire ants with your left over kerosene! I will just have to deal with fending off "commies" and absurd income taxes, etc., until my plan to move to Texas reaches fruition in two to three years.

If you want to tell me I'm a fool and should not buy "toys" (like a car) then do it in PM. Otherwise, let's return to the topic.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

DavesNotBored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
If you are worried about it, disable Intelligent Access. This is so that if they can spoof your key's signal, the one that is emitted without you actively using your fob, it won't unlock the car as the car is set to ignore that signal. This should limit potential theives using spoofing to ones near you when you're actually locking/unlocking your car, not everyone driving/walking by.

This is as I understand it anyways, if someone thinks I'm wrong I'd love to hear why!
Thanks,

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
If you say so. A quick look at Zillow shows multiple single family homes under 200k, and tons of options under 500k with multi-car garages. Around here, you would find *nothing* under 200k, and only one bedroom condominiums under 500k. But hang in there, buddy! I am sure prices will go up, once you win the war holding off the scorpions and fire ants with your left over kerosene.
I don't need to, The house I had built for 140k 20 years ago sells for about 2 million now. Thanks for Playing.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Pretty sure OP didn’t ask for life advice. If he can afford the car and it’s what he wants, doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. And I totally agree with OP, CA real estate pricing is stupid nuts. And I don’t see it getting any better. Half the value (or more) is in the land. Apartment pricing ain’t cheap either btw.

OP
OP

DavesNotBored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
I don't need to, The house I had built for 140k 20 years ago sells for about 2 million now. Thanks for Playing.
Sure. Real estate appreciates, we all know that. I am not sure what your point is, but again, thank you for playing.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If you are worried about it, disable Intelligent Access. This is so that if they can spoof your key's signal, the one that is emitted without you actively using your fob, it won't unlock the car as the car is set to ignore that signal. This should limit potential theives using spoofing to ones near you when you're actually locking/unlocking your car, not everyone driving/walking by.

This is as I understand it anyways, if someone thinks I'm wrong I'd love to hear why!
That doesn't work, that just disables the magic door handles from working, it doesn't stop anyone from spoofing your keyfob. With that said, there are more advanced attacks out there now that directly hijack canbus communications to get the car to start. So basically, if they want it, they're going to get it.

Anyone worried about theft that can't use a garage should invest in a kill switch type system, that way even if the thieves work their magic, they can't actually start the car unless they know what you did (and how you did it), so that just leaves the tow truck option.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.ravelco.com/

I have this on my car, I work in a bad place in Miami and we have to park our cars outside our work yard on the street. Sometimes we are out overnight or just get back late in general (Crane Operator). We never have a set schedule. Great piece of mind after installing their product. Hope it helps as an option.
I went to the website and I don’t see any Ford cars listed in the pricing area. The pricing all seems to be the same but I don’t see a Mustang or any other Ford cars as available. Can you tell me the model that you got? This is something I’ve been looking for.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
I went to the website and I don’t see any Ford cars listed in the pricing area. The pricing all seems to be the same but I don’t see a Mustang or any other Ford cars as available. Can you tell me the model that you got? This is something I’ve been looking for.
TBH I'm not sure, it was already installed when I bought the car (it was a used car). It works great though and that had it installed right next to the ODM port.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If someone wants your vehicle, they're going to take it. You don't need a fob when you use a wrecker with a stinger or a flatbed.

Active tracking devices are easily defeated. They simply take it to a "cooling off" lot and leave it for a few days. If it's still there, they know it likely doesn't have a tracker.

Most of the cars stolen in South Florida end up in one of 3 categories. Headed for Central/South America, stripped to it's bones for parts, or sold in salvage title schemes (you buy a wrecked car, then you either steal a vehicle or buy a stolen vehicle, you swap vin plates and voila. Most state DMV's have very poor coverage when it comes to verifying title/VIN. They're supposed to use a LE professional, but it's not infallible.

Very few thefts are just joy ride/amateur thieves. My advice is that if you can't keep it behind a locked barrier with a camera, then just keep your insurance up to date and informed of any upgrades or additional value.

In the past two years, 2 of the properties I built (over 700 residential units) have seen an enormous increase in auto theft. They were doing the FOB thing, just driving them out of parking garages. Most thieves won't use a wrecker in a parking structure (it's tougher and they're more exposed to investigation trail).

Someone in the industry needs to develop an active/passive anti-theft tracker that has it's own battery backup power source and can be embedded within the frame (or some place difficult to remove) that would intermittently turn on/off at intervals to conceal itself. That way it's not constantly sending an active signal. Apple air tags now give off signature. Toolbox trackers (like the Milwaukee) only work if within distance of someone else using that network.

For every counter measure that's conceived, real thieves will just find a way around it.

The whole new salvage vin swap thing is interesting.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
That doesn't work, that just disables the magic door handles from working, it doesn't stop anyone from spoofing your keyfob. With that said, there are more advanced attacks out there now that directly hijack canbus communications to get the car to start. So basically, if they want it, they're going to get it.

Anyone worried about theft that can't use a garage should invest in a kill switch type system, that way even if the thieves work their magic, they can't actually start the car unless they know what you did (and how you did it), so that just leaves the tow truck option.
That's what I said.a Sim ple toggle kill switch does the job very simply and cheap.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If someone wants your vehicle, they're going to take it. You don't need a fob when you use a wrecker with a stinger or a flatbed.

Active tracking devices are easily defeated. They simply take it to a "cooling off" lot and leave it for a few days. If it's still there, they know it likely doesn't have a tracker.

Most of the cars stolen in South Florida end up in one of 3 categories. Headed for Central/South America, stripped to it's bones for parts, or sold in salvage title schemes (you buy a wrecked car, then you either steal a vehicle or buy a stolen vehicle, you swap vin plates and voila. Most state DMV's have very poor coverage when it comes to verifying title/VIN. They're supposed to use a LE professional, but it's not infallible.

Very few thefts are just joy ride/amateur thieves. My advice is that if you can't keep it behind a locked barrier with a camera, then just keep your insurance up to date and informed of any upgrades or additional value.

In the past two years, 2 of the properties I built (over 700 residential units) have seen an enormous increase in auto theft. They were doing the FOB thing, just driving them out of parking garages. Most thieves won't use a wrecker in a parking structure (it's tougher and they're more exposed to investigation trail).

Someone in the industry needs to develop an active/passive anti-theft tracker that has it's own battery backup power source and can be embedded within the frame (or some place difficult to remove) that would intermittently turn on/off at intervals to conceal itself. That way it's not constantly sending an active signal. Apple air tags now give off signature. Toolbox trackers (like the Milwaukee) only work if within distance of someone else using that network.

For every counter measure that's conceived, real thieves will just find a way around it.

The whole new salvage vin swap thing is interesting.
Agree with everything you said. I do kind of like the new thing that they installed in the hellcats were you put a password in and then the car will not go over 5 miles an hour. That should be installed on every vehicle made but a four digit password doesn’t work. They need to make it at least a 12 digit password of any combination so it can’t be so easily hacked.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They need to make it at least a 12 digit password of any combination so it can’t be so easily hacked.
That would piss me off to no end, having to enter a password everytime I drove my car.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Just like stolen GT350s and GT500s, if the thieves want a Mach 1 they'll go as far as possible to get it. I mean brand new GT500s were being stolen directly from Ford. That's crazy.

We just gotta make as tedious as possible for a thief to go after another target, kinda like if a bears chases two people, just be the fastest. Disabling the Intelligent Access does help, and thankfully, Ford randomizes the RF signal for the FOB (unlike Dodge). I have a GPS tracker installed, and I always use a steering wheel lock. However, I also don't daily drive my M1, and it's always inside a garage when parked.

I'm more concerned about a carjacking, than a stationary car theft. But for that I have a CCW permit, and I won't hesisate to use deadly force when necessary (I used to be in law enforcement).

Sadly, CA politicians have been bribed and blackmailed to sell out our beautiful state. And they're letting crime run rampant to introduce legislation to further removed our rights and freedoms. 🇺🇲

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That would piss me off to no end, having to enter a password everytime I drove my car.
From what I understand there are two key fobs a black one and a red one. You can either use the password, and you only use that when you’re valeting it or something like that. The red key fob also does it as well. The black one is just normal. So you don’t have to put the password in every time.
Sponsored