How likely to be stolen

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That sounds like it might work but I'll be honest and say I doubt I would do that every time I park for the night.
I just leave it off. It's called police or bambi mode. The only time it bugs me is when locking it, I now listen for the locks to click instead of the flash of lights and horn.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DavesNotBored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
I just leave it off. It's called police or bambi mode. The only time it bugs me is when locking it, I now listen for the locks to click instead of the flash of lights and horn.
So, you don't have to deactivate it when you drive it, and then activate it again when you park?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Not a response you want but you don't own a home and are going to spend 60K on a car?

OP
OP

DavesNotBored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Not a response you want but you don't own a home and are going to spend 60K on a car?
I imagine that the real estate in "Fortuna Foothills, Arizona" is quite a lot more reasonably priced than the current prices in Southern California, but thank you for playing.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I don t know the area but I wouldn't t spend that kind of money and leave a car outside. Nothing wrong if you do but it s truly a personal choice.
Do you at least have a reserved spot for the apartment?
Isn’t that what a Hyundai Sonata is for?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
https://www.ravelco.com/

I have this on my car, I work in a bad place in Miami and we have to park our cars outside our work yard on the street. Sometimes we are out overnight or just get back late in general (Crane Operator). We never have a set schedule. Great piece of mind after installing their product. Hope it helps as an option.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If the car has the Enhanced Security Package and the keyed lug nuts to prevent wheel theft, great.

If not, I'd invest in a set of locks.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I imagine that the real estate in "Fortuna Foothills, Arizona" is quite a lot more reasonably priced than the current prices in Southern California, but thank you for playing.

Good luck with that, a 30 year old manufactured home on an 7500 sq ft lot around here is 250k, at least.

Sponsored

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
If you are worried about it, disable Intelligent Access. This is so that if they can spoof your key's signal, the one that is emitted without you actively using your fob, it won't unlock the car as the car is set to ignore that signal. This should limit potential theives using spoofing to ones near you when you're actually locking/unlocking your car, not everyone driving/walking by.

This is as I understand it anyways, if someone thinks I'm wrong I'd love to hear why!

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Just occurred to me this might prevent the doors from being unlocked, but they may still be able to capture the signal that turns on the accessories/engine if they are close enough. My thought process is that they would have to break into the car to use the signal they've stolen, and it would certainly not be as easy as checking for the lights to flash, like when they catch that signal when you use it.

Again, this is my understanding. Security is a precarious business, this stuff is complicated, and I don't claim to be an expert. I just like to do the little things if they make it just a bit harder to steal.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I have a detective buddy. He was showing me how this crap works. He had arrested someone with a spoofer and was out playing with it, he let me tag along.

We went to the local mall all he did was flip a few switches and drive around. Every now and again a car would light up like the owner hit the unlock button. He said all the thief now has to do is take the box and get in the car. It will start and drive.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have a detective buddy. He was showing me how this crap works. He had arrested someone with a spoofer and was out playing with it, he let me tag along.

We went to the local mall all he did was flip a few switches and drive around. Every now and again a car would light up like the owner hit the unlock button. He said all the thief now has to do is take the box and get in the car. It will start and drive.
Yeah it’s scary how easy it is if you have the right tools. Manual trans is still probably the best theft deterrent out there right now

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Good luck with that, a 30 year old manufactured home on an 7500 sq ft lot around here is 250k, at least.
We have a high end custom built home on a 12,000 sq ft lot on a wash with a view of the Gila Mountains, paid cash for everything after selling my Seattle area home for 410,000 more than we paid for it. Now retired at 60 with no debt. Instead of buying toys at 26 we bought our first house, best decision we ever made.
Sponsored