Sponsored

How come the s550 tramlines so bad?

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
So my 2021 GT is awful with tramlining. Any slight groove or weird mark in the street and the wheel just gravitates towards it. Keeping this thing straight is a chore on its own! My old 2014 s197 never had this issue. I’ve actually never driven a vehicle with this issue before. I love the car but the entire time driving it requires a ton of feedback from the driver to just keep the damn thing straight since it wants to pull in every which way! Anyone else annoyed by this? Is there anything that fixes it?
Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
What size tires? Stock 255s didnt have it and neither do 275s. Sounds like it's an issue when you go up to 305s+

I did get a shitty alignment where they toed out one of my rear wheels a bit which made my car squirelly. I got the rears toed in a smidge which fixed that completely. So thats one thing to check.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
So we have questions about tire size, car stance and alignment. What brand and compound tire are you using?

Last edited:

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Judging by OP's post history, he has the 235/50R18 base tires/wheels and still has them.

I can't imagine what would make a S550 with that setup tramline.

I'm wondering if OP is noticing bumpsteer or issues with grooved road surfaces since his previous thread states "certain roads."

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Judging by OP's post history, he has the 235/50R18 base tires/wheels and still has them.

I can't imagine what would make a S550 with that setup tramline.

I'm wondering if OP is noticing bumpsteer or issues with grooved road surfaces since his previous thread states "certain roads."
Forgot i made another thread! lol. so maybe it's bumpsteer? i thought the term was tramlining. pretty much any road that has a groove or any weird non smooth surface, the car steers towards that and won't stay straight.

but yes, everything is 100% stock. haven't touched a thing on the car. stock rims which i believe are the 18" so its the pzero stock tires. it's pretty much any non-perfect road it does it on. my comparison is my old 2014 which is gone, but didn't do it with the same pzero tires and 19", tire size was relatively the same. my F150 doesn't do it and those are beefy tires. and my little Tacoma doesn't do it, and those are small, probably 16" rims with appropriately sized tires.

So nobody else here feels that you need to provide a lot of feedback in keeping it straight compared to other vehicles? hope somethings not wrong.

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot i made another thread! lol. so maybe it's bumpsteer? i thought the term was tramlining. pretty much any road that has a groove or any weird non smooth surface, the car steers towards that and won't stay straight.

but yes, everything is 100% stock. haven't touched a thing on the car. stock rims which i believe are the 18" so its the pzero stock tires. it's pretty much any non-perfect road it does it on. my comparison is my old 2014 which is gone, but didn't do it with the same pzero tires and 19", tire size was relatively the same. my F150 doesn't do it and those are beefy tires. and my little Tacoma doesn't do it, and those are small, probably 16" rims with appropriately sized tires.

So nobody else here feels that you need to provide a lot of feedback in keeping it straight compared to other vehicles? hope somethings not wrong.
It is likely the design of the tread on the tires vs the design of the road surface.

235 wide tires aren't going to be tramlining by default, nor is the factory alignment.

I would recommend Continental DWS or Pilot Sport All Seasons.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree, driver skill level 0.1, learn, know how to correct for the road inconsistencies. Or sell his car and buy a beginner car.
what a moronic reply, honestly.
Yeah, I have no skill, you're right.

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is likely the design of the tread on the tires vs the design of the road surface.

235 wide tires aren't going to be tramlining by default, nor is the factory alignment.

I would recommend Continental DWS or Pilot Sport All Seasons.
okay cool. I'll have to see what my tread depth is and figure out when I'm ready for tires. Just weird that I had these exact tires on the 2014 and it didn't do it.
I'll have to check out the Pilot Sports; i'd like an all season like you mentioned just for if i ever do take it out in the winter months rather than go with a full on summer tire

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
You'll get much better tire wear from an all season, well at least the DWS. I had no real hate for the PZeros but they wore out sooo fast. I've been extremely pleased with the Continentals. Of course mine is just a DD EB so I'm not going for extreme performance. Still, I've had them through Tail of the Dragon and pushed them pretty good and they were rock solid.
Sponsored