Sponsored

Hood Vents

Judspony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red RRsport and a Ligtning GT Conv
Just a quick couple of photos, when I've got time tonight I'll update with all the mods :D. Really happy with the results, Mike did a great job, didn't quite get the shifter correct, but I'll sort that later in the week :thumbsup: You can see the Stanginator clearly, lower GT grill a bit harder to see and I haven't yet got the YouTube skills to show off the lights :D

Frontal view :cool:

Nice, need to get some photos up of Mikes work on my car as well, saw yours there. Very nice. Congrats
Sponsored

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Just out of interest did you see my car thats getting the Roush Supercharger fitted and other mods to long to mention.:thumbsup:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Just out of interest did you see my car thats getting the Roush Supercharger fitted and other mods to long to mention.:thumbsup:
Yes mate, two mechanics were INSIDE the engine bay when I was there :D, you must have deep pockets :thumbsup:

Judspony as well, four in total there, GregC too :)

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
Yes mate, two mechanics were INSIDE the engine bay when I was there :D, you must have deep pockets :thumbsup:

Judspony as well, four in total there, GregC too :)
Thanks very deep pockets indeed and not bad for an Aberdonian to spend money. In my opinion for the initial cost to get 670 to 700 bhp on tap is good value. Next mods planned are a McLeod RST Twin disc clutch and aluminium fly wheel and a barton hybrid 3 short shifter.:cheers:.

Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT ruby red
Does anyone have pictures of the Installation of the vents?
Do the vents have to be modfied to fit in the hood?
I know that the vents sit on top of the hood, so I would assume that they are glued on the outer shell.

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Does anyone have pictures of the Installation of the vents?
Do the vents have to be modfied to fit in the hood?
I know that the vents sit on top of the hood, so I would assume that they are glued on the outer shell.
Sorry I haven't, but your right to say that the vents are modified, mostly the plastic clips need grinding off, but the pocket underneath allows the vents to sit nice. The heat/noise proofing on the underside of the bonnet needs trimming as well (you can see it in one of my pics)

Manders may post pics of the install, I believe his and a few others are having them done tomorrow :thumbsup:

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Here is a pic with hood cut etc. Hood inside liner removed, pilot holes drilled from inside, then measured & cut from outside. Clips are trimmed off from vents before being bonded into place. I drove home after they had been on for a couple of hours- no problem at speed :)
IMG_1756.jpg
IMG_1755.jpg

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22033]WOLFMAN[/MENTION] is your car still there? If so ping me the reg i'll get you some pictures of it tomorrow when I head there for my vents.

FWIW (and I don't have pictures at work) but just finished modding [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] vents over the weekend, he's gone to add the fastest colour into the grilles of the vents, so I painted them Race Red for him, stands out quite well, looks really good, absolute fking nightmare to paint them you (Resorted to hand painting in the end)

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=22033]WOLFMAN[/MENTION] is your car still there? If so ping me the reg i'll get you some pictures of it tomorrow when I head there for my vents.

Hi Manders

Thanks would be great (B3 SMB).:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
@WOLFMAN is your car still there? If so ping me the reg i'll get you some pictures of it tomorrow when I head there for my vents.

Hi Manders

Thanks would be great (B3 SMB).:cheers:
Will get some shots tomorrow, helps that SMB is just 1 added letter to my initials (SM). So easy enough to remember, sure it wont be hard to spot ;)!

Maybe the one having car parts being thrown around out of the engine bay by the sounds of it and an engineer acting like a doctor "Spanner, WRENCH... NO THE 10M NOT THE 7M!" im expecting to hear ;)!.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22033]WOLFMAN[/MENTION] saw your car, they were finishing it up today, installed the front mount cooler, looked around the back of it, loving the back end with the SVT and Ford performance logo's on it, underseal job (by ford) still looks better than mine (also from ford) kept going over and having a peak at it. They had some trouble with an MRR part, that doesn't come with a certain thing to bung a hole, so they managed a fix on that. Other than that, looks good, bumper was off, and was in the air the whole time.

I've got a few pictures if you'd like them. (You've also got Kooks LT's in there if my eyes didn't deceive me)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I've changed my mind regarding the hood vents.

So anyone who wants a pair in gloss black, get in touch with Manders and he will sort you out with my pair, can't remember what they cost me, around ÂŁ110 I think, but Manders can confirm and I just want that back. :)

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
I've changed my mind regarding the hood vents.

So anyone who wants a pair in gloss black, get in touch with Manders and he will sort you out with my pair, can't remember what they cost me, around ÂŁ110 I think, but Manders can confirm and I just want that back. :)
Manders has got some cash for you from me Gibbo!
Sponsored