Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
That's pretty awesome. What does that mean for warranty???
I still have the Ford Warranty and I have a warranty from Whipple to cover whatever Ford decides not to cover.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Did you watch the youtube video with the turbo’s(hellion) installed on a 350? I’m guess’n so. That is the only reference I’ve ever seen to a Subi. My 16 premium with the corsa sport on it is close to my 20 350 in sound. Both are noo where near sound’n like a Subi. The one thing that is universal is the opinion on the sound of a 350.

I'm not a fan of the engine sound on the GT350's. to me it's like a Subaru flat 4 sound.

inectarios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RHD Mustang GT
I couldn't agree more. That is one fine ass!

full.jpg
I completely agree! I've been on the hunt for a PP2 spoiler for months but I can't find any information anywhere, neither in forums nor the usual OEM parts websites. Can you guys help!?

The closest I've come to is the non-track pack GT350 spoiler but that does not extend all the way to the rear fenders as the PP2 spoiler does so the PP2 must be a different part. This is what I mean

upload_2020-2-11_20-30-6.png

These are the GT compatible ones:
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...trim/5-0l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/spoiler-scat

These are the GT350 ones:
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...trim/5-2l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/spoiler-scat

Many thanks in advance!!

(P.S My intention was to start a thread just on this issue but since you PP2 peeps know what I'm after(that ass!) I thought I'd start from here first!)

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Considering the GT350 was literally DOUBLE the price of what I paid for my GT ($29K), yeah I prefer the GT. I like the GT350 but for 2x the price.......didn't even consider it.

TheDonEffect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
I get the mt82 sucks and is made of millenial self esteem, but the tremec in the 17 gt350 was moody and notchy as well. I found that sometimes I felt like I was in first but wasnt actually all the way in, so I was in the habit of muscling first. I tend to granny shift so this required me to pay attention to first. Apparently it's not uncommon. And in my c5z with a t56, reverse had a similar issue.
My mt82 has been remarkably smooth. My only criticism is that it hates being rushed for the times I'm not granny shifting, like it takes a deliberate hand to get it going.
Keep in mind that I drove imports for most of my life, neither are as good as an s2000 or frs.
So I dunno why people keep harping on the transmission.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Why is this thread still going?????
Just like you're going to always get those who believe the world is flat, you're going to get those who believe a run-of-the-mill 5.0 is better than the pure sensory overload of a GT350.

TheDonEffect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
Why is this thread still going?????
Just like you're going to always get those who believe the world is flat, you're going to get those who believe a run-of-the-mill 5.0 is better than the pure sensory overload of a GT350.

Well people who believe the earth is flat tend to not listen or read through everything and create straw man arguments. HAVE YOU BEEN IN SPACE?!?!

I don't think anyone is saying that the gt is a better car, but that in their respective situations it was a better purchase decision. For instance, if you're a very cost conscious consumer, the fact that you can get a gt for 10s of thousands less can be a huge factor. In my case the extra cost didnt come with an equally proportionate increase in enjoyment once the honey moon phase was over.

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Well people who believe the earth is flat tend to not listen or read through everything and create straw man arguments. HAVE YOU BEEN IN SPACE?!?!

I don't think anyone is saying that the gt is a better car, but that in their respective situations it was a better purchase decision. For instance, if you're a very cost conscious consumer, the fact that you can get a gt for 10s of thousands less can be a huge factor. In my case the extra cost didnt come with an equally proportionate increase in enjoyment once the honey moon phase was over.
This was it for me, best bang for the dollar IMO with a GT. I went 2020 GT with a PP1 fully loaded with digital dash, magnetic ride, etc.. OTD $15,000.00 cheaper than a 2019 SHELBY that was priced to me. I just didn't see the need to spend the additional money for less options and only 60HP. Yes it's a SHELBY but the average joe walking out of the supermarket knows no different. I have yet to see a SHELBY in my town of 60K but when I visit a Cars and Coffee 50 miles up the road, I see at least 10.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I want a gt350 with a a10... ;).
Actually, since it's a Shelby, it would be nice if they could offer it next year with the new 7-speed DCT.

My personal opinion, is they really should consider dropping the Shelby line, and consider a 5.2L VooDoo powered mid-engine two seat GTA in the $60k range to compete with Corvette. Considering how few GT350's are made, I'm pretty sure sales would be better. People just don't buy GT350's or 500's for the back seats.

Putting that 500+hp Voodoo in a mid-engine GTA the same weight as a Vette, and you immediately have a base model that will outperform the Stingray for the same price. Possibly cheaper if it directly replaces the GT350.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Wrong. I specifically bought my 16 vert for the backseat, was about to buy the new grand sport vert. I specifically bought the Gt350 over the R because I wanted the back seat. Twin little boys. Suggesting Ford drop the Shelby line makes as much sense as telling GM to drop the Vette line. Sorry.

Actually, since it's a Shelby, it would be nice if they could offer it next year with the new 7-speed DCT.

My personal opinion, is they really should consider dropping the Shelby line, and consider a 5.2L VooDoo powered mid-engine two seat GTA in the $60k range to compete with Corvette. Considering how few GT350's are made, I'm pretty sure sales would be better. People just don't buy GT350's or 500's for the back seats.

Putting that 500+hp Voodoo in a mid-engine GTA the same weight as a Vette, and you immediately have a base model that will outperform the Stingray for the same price.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase

Putting that 500+hp Voodoo in a mid-engine GTA the same weight as a Vette, and you immediately have a base model that will outperform the Stingray for the same price. Possibly cheaper if it directly replaces the GT350.
Yeah ummm no

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wrong. I specifically bought my 16 vert for the backseat, was about to buy the new grand sport vert. I specifically bought the Gt350 over the R because I wanted the back seat. Twin little boys. Suggesting Ford drop the Shelby line makes as much sense as telling GM to drop the Vette line. Sorry.
I know most of you won't agree with me, but considering the fairly low sales of the Shelby line, to me it just makes sense. The cheapest GT500 is still more expensive and can barely beat a C8 on a wide open track (as tested by Pobst). That is Fords BEST car against essentially a base model C8 with the suspension package. To be honest, if I was going to go north of $60k for a sports car, I wouldn't even consider a GT350 or 500. The refinement and technology of the C8 is light years beyond the Shelby's. Sorry. The days of the Shelby in this format really are numbered.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Shelby’s are and weren’t ever meant to be high number production vehicles. If you are going to base everything purely on a track time, you’ve completely missed the point. What you think is best and may appeal to you is most likely 180 degrees from what I think. Curious, have you driven a new C8? What are you basing your opinion on? I got lucky and got to drive one, absolutely beautiful car. It’s a different animal then my 350. The reality is very few people can put any of these cars on the edge of their performance. If it’s truly just about a number I’m not going to bother with one my cars. I’ll just get on my Aprillia. If you truly think the days are numbered for Shelby, Then they’re numbered for all cars of this type. if you want to see the true measure of what we all on here enjoy so much, take a look at the aftermarket industry. It is absolutely massive. These cars aren’t going any where. Also, be glad there’s more then one flavor to chose from.

I know most of you won't agree with me, but considering the fairly low sales of the Shelby line, to me it just makes sense. The cheapest GT500 is still more expensive and can barely beat a C8 on a wide open track (as tested by Pobst). That is Fords BEST car against essentially a base model C8 with the suspension package. To be honest, if I was going to go north of $60k for a sports car, I wouldn't even consider a GT350 or 500. The refinement and technology of the C8 is light years beyond the Shelby's. Sorry. The days of the Shelby in this format really are numbered.
Sponsored