Sponsored

Home link Programming trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT PP
I'm having the hardest time getting my craftsman garage door opener paired with the home link visor buttons in my 2016 Mustang Gt. I have tried over and over again step by step using the owners manual and even YouTube'd it. Still nothing works. Anyone ever had this issue? Any Fixes for it? Thanks in advance. I searched on here and didnt get much either.
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I couldn't get mine to work using the instructions in the manual. Took half a day to find the right procedure. Try this:

1. park under the garage door motor
2. erase saved codes on homelink by pressing both side button on the remote for 20 seconds (until light blinks rapidly)
3. hold remote close to the homelink, press and hold both buttons (open button on remote, desired button on homelink) until the homelink blinks rapidly, then release both buttons.
4. quickly go to the garage door motor (you have 20-30 seconds) and press the program button on the garage door motor
5. go to your car quickly to press and hold the desired homelink button (until garage motor light flashes)
6. done

Last edited:

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
You tube ford garage door opener, step by step instructions.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT PP
I couldn't get mine to work using the instructions in the manual. Took half a day to find the right procedure. Try this:

2. erase saved codes on homelink by pressing both side button on the remote for 20 seconds (until light blinks rapidly)
3. hold remote close to the homelink, press and hold both buttons (open button on remote, desired button on homelink) until the homelink blinks rapidly, then release both buttons.
4. quickly go to the garage door motor (you have 20-30 seconds) and press the program button on the garage door motor
5. go to your car quickly to press and hold the desired homelink button (until garage motor light flashes)
6. done

Worked like a charm. Thanks..:thumbsup:

Sponsored

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible

6. done
Your procedure worked, the manual's did not. Thanks!

usdmnotjdm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, A10, 401A, Magneride, ActivEx

6. done
Thanks! This is what finally worked for me on both of my garage doors.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I found that for some reason programming and distance of operation of a 2016 Home Link visor sucks compared to a 2018. My prior 2016, the programming of the Home Link was garbage, the operation of it as well - had to be practically at the garage door for it to work.

When I was swapped into my 2018, the Home Link instantly programmed and I could open the door halfway down the streetā€¦ every single time without issues.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks! This is what finally worked for me on both of my garage doors.
Welcome to the forum Ryan.

Just FYI, you responded to a five year old thread and to a member you hasnā€™t been around for more than four years. :giggle: :like:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
This just might get me to try again after losing all faith after several tries.
Last time I was left thinking maybe my opener was too full of codes and I would have to clear them and start all over. Still might be the case, IDK

Sponsored

usdmnotjdm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, A10, 401A, Magneride, ActivEx
Welcome to the forum Ryan.

Just FYI, you responded to a five year old thread and to a member you hasnā€™t been around for more than four years. :giggle: :like:
Thanks Bikeman! I actually did it on purpose. Unless necroing threads is frowned upon here. I was hoping it would be beneficial to someone else like the gent below above. šŸ¤˜

This method worked for my 2018 Mustang on 2 separate garage doors / openers. Completely different brands.

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1

6. done

Old thread but thank you. I tried so many times by the manual and garage door manual, first try with your instructions and 1 minute later it was working.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I managed to get mine working today. I used the above instructions but they did not work in the manner as written. I could not get the ā€œCanadianā€ instructions in the manual to work and had given up. In any event the HomeLink button is now opening and closing my garage door.
Sponsored