Sponsored

She's home!

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Got my 17 GT w/PP yesterday. Such an amazing experience driving her home!!

I'll talk more about it, but if you're not interested in the buy/drive home, please take a look at the bottom at my questions. Any help would be appreciated!

My wife, son and I drove down to Koons Sterling yesterday. Took her for a quick test drive, got lost, then came back to do the paperwork, grabbed the keys and I was off. Our dealer, Rickie, was a great guy to work with. A straight shooter throughout the entire process which was interesting because I had spoken to half-dozen other Koons dealers over the past few months and none were as friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The finance guy was another matter. Had a stick up his ass. Rickie said it was because I wasn't financing through them and to ignore him. Also had a set of the Ford Mustang Rubber floor mats thrown in with the deal. Just in one day I can see a ton of dirt/debris so these are a great addition to help keep it clean.

The outside is gorgeous! I'm really happy I went with the Magnetic after teetering between the LB. The LB was nice but the Magnetic was a lot more attractive....get it....magnet...attractive..... ;)

The interior...I got in and it was like being enveloped in a womb. Fit like a glove after some minor seat/wheel adjustment. I know a lot complain about the plastic interior on the base model but, aside from the door's arm rest there's padding everywhere needed (center console, knees, above arm rest on the door, etc.) so no issues.

The drive home was spectacular. The most fun I've had in a car to date! My wife was following me so I couldn't go too fast or we'd have been separated. But it was all highway and no traffic so a few times I got her up to around triple digits for a second or two.

Drove home around 200 miles. Then, after everyone else was asleep, I snuck out and put another 75 miles on her. Today my boy and I went for a drive then lunch where we just sat and stared at her, talking about Mustangs.

While I wish I could have bought one sooner, I'm so happy I finally did!!! :D

Questions...

1. Break in- I asked the dealer what the break-in period was and he looked at me and said "we had the Ford engineers in here and they said these things are made to be driven like a bat out of hell." I shit you not, that is word for word what he said!! Music to my ears! However, I know on here I was told not to take her over 4000rpm for around 1000 miles. Don't remember much else. So is there any actual break-in instructions?

2. Car accessories- I tried looking in the owners manual to find the break-in instructions only to find there was no manual! Not in the glove box, not in the little manual spot above the glove box. Not in the trunk or under the seats. I have to ask the dealer for one. However, other than the tire pump and floor mats the car came with nothing else. Is that normal? I think it should have come with a funnel for gas cans to right? Anything else?

3. Protection- While I love this car, all I can think of is preventing damage! I've already started using the outer spaces in parking lots. But I have to get it inspected soon. Plus there will be places I won't be able to park as secluded. I plan to buy a front and rear camera. I was looking at the BlackVue DR650. Any other as good maybe for cheaper? What else can I do to keep the car nice?

4. Oil change- Where is the oil filter? And how do you get a funnel in past the strut tower brace? Couldn't see the filter from up top. Also, where is the cap to this radiator? I see the overflow tank...no cap on the radiator itself.

5. Kid protection- I bought my son a booster seat (Turbo-Booster). But I notice his toes hit the back of the seat. I'll have to see if they make a protector for this to go on the back of the passenger seat. Any other advice to keep the upholstery/interior nice?

6. Lever on the back of the passenger seat- What is it for? I thought it would make the seat-back go forward but it doesn't. Maybe I'm missing something.

7. Washing- I usually use scrub brushes on broom sticks at my station. On my other cars I could care less, but I'd worry about a pebble scratching the paint. I'm thinking some sort of hose attachment with a soap canister would be the way to go and then towel dry. Any recommendations on a system?

While my dad was encouraging me to get a Steeda air intake, different exhaust, etc. like his has....I am more focused on things to keep her looking nice.... hood struts, touch up paint, jacking rails, etc. Plus I want to get my vanity plate once my other one gets here in the mail.

I was told to use quality gas. The shell and mobil stations were closed last night but I figured Sunoco was okay. I plan to stay away from the 7-11, wawa, sheetz...no-name type gas.

I'm so glad it rained the last week here. Means no more salt on the road and this is now my daily driver until mid-December when my lay up period begins.

I know I asked a ton of quesitons over the past year or so and there was a ton of back and forth on whether/when to buy one. Thanks for the info thus far and now that I'm an official member of the club I guess I'll have to find a cars n' coffee to go to. :ford:

EDIT: I know I know...pics....I'll get some up soon!

-Emt1581
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I'll talk more about it, but if you're not interested in the buy/drive home, please take a look at the bottom at my questions. Any help would be appreciated!

My wife, son and I drove down to Koons Sterling yesterday. Took her for a quick test drive, got lost, then came back to do the paperwork, grabbed the keys and I was off. Our dealer, Rickie, was a great guy to work with. A straight shooter throughout the entire process which was interesting because I had spoken to half-dozen other Koons dealers over the past few months and none were as friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The finance guy was another matter. Had a stick up his ass. Rickie said it was because I wasn't financing through them and to ignore him. Also had a set of the Ford Mustang Rubber floor mats thrown in with the deal. Just in one day I can see a ton of dirt/debris so these are a great addition to help keep it clean.

The outside is gorgeous! I'm really happy I went with the Magnetic after teetering between the LB. The LB was nice but the Magnetic was a lot more attractive....get it....magnet...attractive..... ;)

The interior...I got in and it was like being enveloped in a womb. Fit like a glove after some minor seat/wheel adjustment. I know a lot complain about the plastic interior on the base model but, aside from the door's arm rest there's padding everywhere needed (center console, knees, above arm rest on the door, etc.) so no issues.

The drive home was spectacular. The most fun I've had in a car to date! My wife was following me so I couldn't go too fast or we'd have been separated. But it was all highway and no traffic so a few times I got her up to around triple digits for a second or two.

Drove home around 200 miles. Then, after everyone else was asleep, I snuck out and put another 75 miles on her. Today my boy and I went for a drive then lunch where we just sat and stared at her, talking about Mustangs.

While I wish I could have bought one sooner, I'm so happy I finally did!!! :D

Questions...

1. Break in- I asked the dealer what the break-in period was and he looked at me and said "we had the Ford engineers in here and they said these things are made to be driven like a bat out of hell." I shit you not, that is word for word what he said!! Music to my ears! However, I know on here I was told not to take her over 4000rpm for around 1000 miles. Don't remember much else. So is there any actual break-in instructions?
Not like a bat outta hell, but DO drive it spiritedly. Take it up to redline, go WOT, just don't do it for extended periods. Do some engine braking from speed, also. Limit your constant speed driving.

2. Car accessories- I tried looking in the owners manual to find the break-in instructions only to find there was no manual! Not in the glove box, not in the little manual spot above the glove box. Not in the trunk or under the seats. I have to ask the dealer for one. However, other than the tire pump and floor mats the car came with nothing else. Is that normal? I think it should have come with a funnel for gas cans to right? Anything else?
Funnel is in the trunk somewhere. Weird that there was no manual though.

3. Protection- While I love this car, all I can think of is preventing damage! I've already started using the outer spaces in parking lots. But I have to get it inspected soon. Plus there will be places I won't be able to park as secluded. I plan to buy a front and rear camera. I was looking at the BlackVue DR650. Any other as good maybe for cheaper? What else can I do to keep the car nice?
I'm still looking into dash cams but that is a very nice one.

4. Oil change- Where is the oil filter? And how do you get a funnel in past the strut tower brace? Couldn't see the filter from up top. Also, where is the cap to this radiator? I see the overflow tank...no cap on the radiator itself.
There's a little flap with a single screw that you undo, and then you can access the filter on the driver's side.

5. Kid protection- I bought my son a booster seat (Turbo-Booster). But I notice his toes hit the back of the seat. I'll have to see if they make a protector for this to go on the back of the passenger seat. Any other advice to keep the upholstery/interior nice?
Scotchguard possibly.

6. Lever on the back of the passenger seat- What is it for? I thought it would make the seat-back go forward but it doesn't. Maybe I'm missing something.
It does make the seat back go forward and then allows it to come back to the same angle you had it in. Mine were tight when new. Keep working them.

7. Washing- I usually use scrub brushes on broom sticks at my station. On my other cars I could care less, but I'd worry about a pebble scratching the paint. I'm thinking some sort of hose attachment with a soap canister would be the way to go and then towel dry. Any recommendations on a system?
Two wash buckets works, otherwise use a foam cannon.

While my dad was encouraging me to get a Steeda air intake, different exhaust, etc. like his has....I am more focused on things to keep her looking nice.... hood struts, touch up paint, jacking rails, etc. Plus I want to get my vanity plate once my other one gets here in the mail.

I was told to use quality gas. The shell and mobil stations were closed last night but I figured Sunoco was okay. I plan to stay away from the 7-11, wawa, sheetz...no-name type gas.

I'm so glad it rained the last week here. Means no more salt on the road and this is now my daily driver until mid-December when my lay up period begins.

I know I asked a ton of quesitons over the past year or so and there was a ton of back and forth on whether/when to buy one. Thanks for the info thus far and now that I'm an official member of the club I guess I'll have to find a cars n' coffee to go to. :ford:

EDIT: I know I know...pics....I'll get some up soon!

-Emt1581
Congrats!!

Answers above :)

Last edited:

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Congrats on the new ride!

This really made me cringe haha. Get yourself a Gilmour Foamaster and use two 5 gallon buckets with grit guards and use only microfiber wash mitts and microfiber drying towels.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!

Should have come with two books (manual and warranty) and a funnel for the cap-less fuel tank, as well as the fix-a-flat compressor thing. Keep in mind, you can't rotate your tires on the PP and using the fix-a-flat will destroy the TPMS in the tire which will run about $100 at most places. Best to just pay for a tow and not mess with the canned goop.

As others said, there's a small flap you open under the car and the filter is under that. You'll need some kind of a solution to avoid getting oil all over the flap thing when you pull the filter off. Either use a gallon plastic bag or make a funnel out of aluminum foil to route the run-off towards the oil drain pan. It's a pain the butt.

One of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Protectors-Large-Organizer-Pockets-Lebogner/dp/B01N4N4AGC/

The lever allows passengers in the back to let themselves out by folding the seat forward. One caveat that is confusing: if you use the lever on the back to fold the seat forward, you have to use the same lever to fold the seat back. Likewise, if you use the lever on the bottom/side of the seat to fold it forward, then you have to use that level to also fold it back. You can't use one lever to fold it forward, and the other to fold it back.

I think a fairly general consensus of top must have mods are:
1. Shifter/trans fluid swap
2. At least an axle-back exhaust.
Both can be had for around $500 each and completely change driving dynamics.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Thanks but it seems like the Gilmour is the exact same and $15 cheaper. But does it matter what soap you use?

And is that all you do is spray on the foam, scrub with clean mitts/towels and spray off?

Thanks

-Emt1581
You're right the Gilmore is the exact same thing just cheaper. I use this cheap soap from amazon and it works and suds up great: http://a.co/6kAcK9m

Here's what you do in the shade:
1) Spray car down with water to remove dust /loose dirt
2) Spray down full car with thick soap from the Gilmore and let sit for 5-10 mins to break up dirt
3) Spray down car with water to remove soap and other contaminants that were loosened up by soaking
4) Spray soap on one section of the car with Gilmore lower setting and wash with microfiber mitt from wash bucket, after cleaning section rinse microfiber mitt in rinse bucket and place in wash bucket.
5)Continue until full car is washed
6) Dry car with microfiber drying towels.

Enjoy you perfectly clean and swirl free car :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My recommended list of mods to start:
1. Axleback or catback exhaust...it's incredible how much more fun the car is to drive after this
2. Steeda clutch assist spring, do this one immediately and it's only $15...far more clutch feel
3. CB005 cradle lockout kit to stabilize the IRS and give you the confidence to push it hard
4. Billet rear shock mounts to kill the bounce in the rear suspension, giving you a better ride and even more confidence in the car
5. Down the road a little, a shifter. MGW or Barton Hybrid 3 (trans mount option).

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Congrats on the new ride.

Enjoy the hell out of her - You only live once and life is too short. Be careful driving the beast. :thumbsup:
Post a few pictures when you get a chance. ;)

Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
:)

simply remove shoes, then they can crawl around in the car and even touch the back of the seat. carry leather wipes if you want to do a quick spot detail

Pull up harder

power washer and foam cannon

-Emt1581

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Don't baby it during break in. Take it up to the redline, drive the engine hard a few times. Just don't beat on the clutch till you get a few hundred miles on it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:confused:No pictures yet???

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't baby it during break in. Take it up to the redline, drive the engine hard a few times. Just don't beat on the clutch till you get a few hundred miles on it.
Red line? I figured that'd screw it up right out of the gate.

As for the clutch, what does it mean to take it easy? I'm not good enough to kick it down to the floor and let it up real fast....still finding the catch point. I'm guessing the $20 Steeda spring will make that easier.

-Emt1581

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Red line? I figured that'd screw it up right out of the gate.

As for the clutch, what does it mean to take it easy? I'm not good enough to kick it down to the floor and let it up real fast....still finding the catch point. I'm guessing the $20 Steeda spring will make that easier.

-Emt1581
Hell no, my last coyote I had I banged it off the rev limiter on the test drive when it only had 6 miles on it. The engine never burnt a drop of oil or made a peep.

No excessive slipping, and no speed shifting.

When you rev it out do it in one gear and then shift normally into the next one don't go all speed racer :)

Steeda clutch spring is a must if yu ask me, and if you don't have ridiculously long legs a clutch pedal extender is a God send.
Sponsored