Sponsored

Holy crap what a difference

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is there a benefit to removing the resonators other than the sound?
Less weight, marginal increase in power (if any), mostly for sound

Would this void our warranty?
No

And I'm what are "custom fabricated SS replacements"

Thanks
A piece of stainless pipe cut to the proper length
Sponsored

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
I had the resonators cut out and the clutch helper spring removed. The car sounds so freaking good you just can't help put want to drive it to hear it.

That spring f*cks up the clutch feel completely. Once removed it actually feels like a clutch without the artificial softness and vagueness as it comes from the factory. Just do it it is night and day better....................Steve

Pics to follow on the resonator delete my shop did an amazing job and only charged me 88 buck for custom fabricated SS replacements welded in!!!!!!!!!!!!
PICS? What is this, 2005? How do we hear "car sounds so freaking good" with pics? C'MON MAN.

OP
OP

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
PICS? What is this, 2005? How do we hear "car sounds so freaking good" with pics? C'MON MAN.
Ok I will work on a video to.

My clutch has no play in it after removing the springs it comes to the very top with no slop.......Steve

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Subscribed.

FP left them on the non-R simply to make it more DD/civilized???

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Main concern about resonator delete for me is going over noise levels on the track. I believe Lime Rock by me has an 87dB limit. I wonder if the valves could be disconnected and run the track in 'quiet' mode?
With resonators I believe the GT350 measures 91dB but not sure at what distance.
Does Lime Rock have the limit all the time or just on certain days like sundays? Road A is just sundays that's why petit le mans is on a sat, I think it might be the case at LR too.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I got the cat delete pipes to "emulate" the sound change and have it be reversible. But I think what I really want is the resonators deleted. It sucks that nobody has an X-pipe resonator delete on the drawing board as far as I know. I know it will sound amazing though.

Did he weld in the straight pipe or clamp them on?
I could have sworn lethal posted on here that they had one now... maybe not but let me look for the post I'm thinking of

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I was wrong, mid pipe before the x-pipe is what I was thinking of

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Does Lime Rock have the limit all the time or just on certain days like sundays? Road A is just sundays that's why petit le mans is on a sat, I think it might be the case at LR too.
My understanding is the limit varies. They are lower for track days and racing school events. Typically in mid to high 80's. For all out race events such as IMSA and Pirelli world challenge the limits can be in the low 100's.

OP
OP

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
Any idea what the resonator weigh? They look pretty hefty.
I am away for the weekend but I will put them on a scale and yes they are heavy. Working on posting video tomorrow.......Steve

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Now that you have cut off and removed your resonators and it sounds just like the R, do you have any regrets? Why or why not? I am one of those desperately waiting to get their cars and I was wondering if this should be my first modification. But I'm kind of worried about the sound quality and having to cut my original exhaust. Your thoughts? Thank you.