Sponsored

Holy crap what a difference

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
I had the resonators cut out and the clutch helper spring removed. The car sounds so freaking good you just can't help put want to drive it to hear it.

That spring f*cks up the clutch feel completely. Once removed it actually feels like a clutch without the artificial softness and vagueness as it comes from the factory. Just do it it is night and day better....................Steve

Pics video to Follow. My shop did an amazing job and only charged me 88 buck for custom fabricated SS replacements welded in!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0895.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Tell us more about the resonators. Are they the same heavy pieces found on the regular GT? Can you still control the exhaust with the electronic cut out?

I read the R leaves the resonators from the factory.

Bob Loblah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Glad to hear from someone who removed his resonators. Is there any harshness or drone at a steady highway 65-70mph cruise?

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Tell us more about the resonators. Are they the same heavy pieces found on the regular GT? Can you still control the exhaust with the electronic cut out?

I read the R leaves the resonators from the factory.
Removing the resonators has no effect on exhaust modes
The R's have no resonators from the factory

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
How hard was it to remove the resonators?

Sponsored

OP
OP

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How hard was it to remove the resonators?
A professional with a saw all took 3 minutes. There is no drone or change in cabin noise when driving normally but when you hit it it has a raspier sound that I love and the cracks and burbles when you let off are to die for if your into that kind of thing which I really love.....Steve

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
A professional with a saw all took 3 minutes. There is no drone or change in cabin noise when driving normally but when you hit it it has a raspier sound that I love and the cracks and burbles when you let off are to die for if your into that kind of thing which I really love.....Steve
This is exactly what I want.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I got the cat delete pipes to "emulate" the sound change and have it be reversible. But I think what I really want is the resonators deleted. It sucks that nobody has an X-pipe resonator delete on the drawing board as far as I know. I know it will sound amazing though.

Did he weld in the straight pipe or clamp them on?

OP
OP

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the cat delete pipes to "emulate" the sound change and have it be reversible. But I think what I really want is the resonators deleted. It sucks that nobody has an X-pipe resonator delete on the drawing board as far as I know. I know it will sound amazing though.

I can't find the pics on my phone but I will put it on a lift and take some but yes they are welded in........Steve

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I can confirm that the sounds, without the resonators, are very good.
The R comes without them.

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Yeah talking about 2 much different levels of sound increase.

Unforunately an x-pipe with the resonators already deleted still wont be fully reversible, the resonators/xpipe are a single welded unit to the cat-backs, so you would need to cut and clamp still.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
That spring f*cks up the clutch feel completely. Once removed it actually feels like a clutch without the artificial softness and vagueness as it comes from the factory. Just do it it is night and day better....................Steve

Pics to follow on the resonator delete my shop did an amazing job and only charged me 88 buck for custom fabricated SS replacements welded in!!!!!!!!!!!!
I removed my clutch spring, then I put it back in as I found that the pedal has just a bit of slop and doesn't go all the way to the top of the travel. I'd be interested in a new, lighter spring that forces the pedal to the end of its upward travel, but not interfere with the feel of disc to flywheel engagement.

Good price on the resonator delete.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Main concern about resonator delete for me is going over noise levels on the track. I believe Lime Rock by me has an 87dB limit. I wonder if the valves could be disconnected and run the track in 'quiet' mode?
With resonators I believe the GT350 measures 91dB but not sure at what distance.

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
Is there a benefit to removing the resonators other than the sound?

Would this void our warranty?

And I'm what are "custom fabricated SS replacements"

Thanks
Sponsored