Post your pictures of how Ford doesn't give a crap

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I know what section this, maybe you considers GT owners as peasants in this community. I ordered my 2015 GT and it was the longest I ever waited for a car. I have a bad case of being OCD myself.
No, I explained my reasoning. The GT350 and GT500 is an allocated car that you don't get multiple attempts at. Pass on the one that is delivered and you start from square one.

That is a big deal.

How long did you wait for your GT?
Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Tomster,
Around 12 weeks, was it perfect no. With my OCD illness it would never be. :crackup:

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I must say as many times as I see these fit and finish threads I have to ask myself were you guys blind folded when you picked up your cars? were you so excited to get in and drive the car that you were willing to except the car as is. Or did you finely notice her flaws after you made love with a bucket of soap and water. Pre-delivery is the exact time to walk away, and don't worry someone will buy the car just the way it is. I don't blame Ford or the UAW because the dealer will fix your problems if asked to. The real question is when to ask, and that is before you take delivery.
I ordered my car new locally in LA. At the time, I was having trouble finding a dealer to even order an R, and that included numerous dealers out of state. I got lucky and found a dealer locally with an R allocation and without a ridiculous markup. 6 months later when I went to pick up my car, I noticed the rear bumper panel gap and the driver's side door was not sitting flush. Was I going to deny delivery of the car for that? Absolutely not. I didn't want the dealer to fix the issues because I knew it was something I could deal with myself later. Although somewhat minor, it was still a little disappointing to me because I shouldn't have to do that with an 80K car.

I love my car and I'm not complaining about the engineering or quality of "interior" materials used. I'm just disappointed in the lack of QC when these cars leave the factory. Certainly there is a guy or team that looks over the car before it's shipped out right? Are they just marking down that the tolerances are acceptable and the Ford dealers can fix anything the customer is not happy with? A lot of members on here have had it a lot worse than me too.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I know what section this, maybe you considers GT owners as peasants in this community. I ordered my 2015 GT and it was the longest I ever waited for a car. I have a bad case of being OCD myself.
I'd order if I could as well, for a GT. I think Tom was just saying that people have the luxury of walking through isles of GTs at the Ford dealer and picking which one they like the best...and then again at the Ford dealer down the street. The vast majority of GTs you see out there are dealer ordered. When you can only get the car you see and it's the only car like it within 5 zip codes...then it changes the dynamic a little.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd order if I could as well, for a GT. I think Tom was just saying that people have the luxury of walking through isles of GTs at the Ford dealer and picking which one they like the best...and then again at the Ford dealer down the street. The vast majority of GTs you see out there are dealer ordered. When you can only get the car you see and it's the only car like it within 5 zip codes...then it changes the dynamic a little.
True.

However, if I remember right, smaller dealers have to have allocations for lesser Mustangs as well. At least that was the case when I ordered my '15 GT. They had nothing on the lot (and I knew I'd never find my oddball combo on any lot in the state), and I believe mine was one of maybe five or six Mustangs they ordered that entire year out of the sea of trucks and SUVs. I remember the salesman mentioning having to see if they had an allocation when we first started talking. I was somewhat amazed they honored X-plan, although a sale is a sale.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
True.

However, if I remember right, smaller dealers have to have allocations for lesser Mustangs as well. At least that was the case when I ordered my '15 GT. They had nothing on the lot (and I knew I'd never find my oddball combo on any lot in the state), and I believe mine was one of maybe five or six Mustangs they ordered that entire year out of the sea of trucks and SUVs. I remember the salesman mentioning having to see if they had an allocation when we first started talking. I was somewhat amazed they honored X-plan, although a sale is a sale.
Hmm Never heard of such a thing for other trims. Maybe they had ordered as many as they cared to for dealer stock and didn't want to special order anything? I bought a new GT in 2000 so it's been a while but it was easy and it arrived after the longest 6 weeks of my life.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know that wasnā€™t aimed at me, but I was about 9 months.

The problem in the U.K. is that the dealers donā€™t sell that many, so any stock cars they get are typically in safe / sensible combinations of colour and spec. If you wander outside of that boundary (e.g. expensive options, or multiples of them - MR / Recaroā€™s/ factory painted roofs etc) it becomes a factory order and then a long lead time.

I think the typical wait for a U.K. bound factory order (based on when I ordered) was about six months, but I got the added bonus of the COVID shutdown.

A U.K. factory order pretty much puts you in the ā€˜get what you are givenā€™ category.

In the big scheme of things I think I got quite lucky (but still have some issues - some still ongoing).

Compared to the showroom stock Bullitt and 55 edition they had in when I picked mine up I was very lucky - and people had the option of walking away from those cars ... :frown:

Perhaps someone was watching over me, I found this on the back of my build sheet in the car :

D3-C5-D45-F-F369-4-B51-92-D3-9-B75-B5-E4-A655.jpg

WD :like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tomster,
Around 12 weeks, was it perfect no. With my OCD illness it would never be. :crackup:
OK, Now I think I understand where you are coming from. You never waited for a car like others have. I waited a year and a half for one of my Rs and about the same for my 500. It would be a bitch to not accept the car knowing very well you will probably not be able to make the same deal or find the same spec anywhere else. And if you did, the clock starts ticking again.

Do you get it now?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my car new locally in LA. At the time, I was having trouble finding a dealer to even order an R, and that included numerous dealers out of state. I got lucky and found a dealer locally with an R allocation and without a ridiculous markup. 6 months later when I went to pick up my car, I noticed the rear bumper panel gap and the driver's side door was not sitting flush. Was I going to deny delivery of the car for that? Absolutely not. I didn't want the dealer to fix the issues because I knew it was something I could deal with myself later. Although somewhat minor, it was still a little disappointing to me because I shouldn't have to do that with an 80K car.

I love my car and I'm not complaining about the engineering or quality of "interior" materials used. I'm just disappointed in the lack of QC when these cars leave the factory. Certainly there is a guy or team that looks over the car before it's shipped out right? Are they just marking down that the tolerances are acceptable and the Ford dealers can fix anything the customer is not happy with? A lot of members on here have had it a lot worse than me too.
Very well put. I feel the same way. Ford does a good job engineering the car. For the most part the vendors have their acts together and provide quality parts. But then the car is built and it is all slapped together.......

Its downright sad.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Do you get it now?
Sorry I don't. Maybe you have an Idea for a pre-delivery inspection service so the customer expectations are met at delivery for the elitist who deserves nothing less than perfect.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I don't. Maybe you have an Idea for a pre-delivery inspection service so the customer expectations are met at delivery for the elitist who deserves nothing less than perfect.
elitist?

I am a guy who spends my hard earned money for something and expects it to be built the way it was intended. Elitist? LOL, you should be ashamed.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I know that wasnā€™t aimed at me, but I was about 9 months.

The problem in the U.K. is that the dealers donā€™t sell that many, so any stock cars they get are typically in safe / sensible combinations of colour and spec. If you wander outside of that boundary (e.g. expensive options, or multiples of them - MR / Recaroā€™s/ factory painted roofs etc) it becomes a factory order and then a long lead time.

I think the typical wait for a U.K. bound factory order (based on when I ordered) was about six months, but I got the added bonus of the COVID shutdown.

A U.K. factory order pretty much puts you in the ā€˜get what you are givenā€™ category.

In the big scheme of things I think I got quite lucky (but still have some issues - some still ongoing).

Compared to the showroom stock Bullitt and 55 edition they had in when I picked mine up I was very lucky - and people had the option of walking away from those cars ... :frown:

Perhaps someone was watching over me, I found this on the back of my build sheet in the car :

D3-C5-D45-F-F369-4-B51-92-D3-9-B75-B5-E4-A655.jpg

WD :like:
Thatā€™s pretty nice to see.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I would get that fixed. The clear flaking will spread. It will get worse. Maybe not by the Ford dealer, but a good painted will sand the area down a little, hit it with color in a small area and clear it. The painter may clear the whole panel, or melt the clear in. Paint technology has come a long way. You will never know it was spotted in, unless you measure it.

Nice piece of metal protruding from the top of my driver side quarter. Factory tried to wet sand it and went through the clear. Fordā€™s motto, let the dealer deal with it.

I am leaving it as I donā€™t want paint work on a new car.

D40A7EA6-1B8C-4EE3-9942-3BEDF9BEFD8F.jpeg

68931685-0DEA-4101-9F9F-65BD8B5782F5.jpeg

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
No harm done but it looks like someone was unpacking their broccoli at the same time they were assembling things in the engine compartment:

9F2A9354-3C06-4823-982F-8854F85E962A.jpeg
Sponsored