High Performance Ecoboost vs Performance Pack GT

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I had a 2015 EB that Steeda modified the suspension and engine that would be close to the HP EB and currently own a 2019 GT PP1 with a Steeda modified suspension and the GT Calibration Kit for better engine performance. Both the EB and GT put smiles on my face when driving on twisty roads. But when accelerating in a straight line, the EB was nice and the GT puts a really big grin on my face.
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
You must be older, like me. I got a GT but the stock exhaust is more than loud enough for me. Yet, almost every GT I see on the road (yes, even almost new ones) have had their exhaust replaced with the very loud, raspy sounding systems. It's annoying and you hear them easily 1/2 mile away when they throttle up. I guess they're like the guys who have a subwoofer in their cars cranked up so they rattle windows of homes they pass (not to mention their license plates, etc.)
This all depends on the exhaust and more so the mid pipe. Most go with an X pipe it on dyno gives a few maybe 5 more high rpm HP and it seems the trend is moving more towards people liking that higher raspy sound.

Certain exhaust especially paired with an H pipe will give that old school deep thump and growl. And can also give a little extra albeit non butt noticeable low down tq.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
I hope you're not putting 11-13 qts. of oil into the Coyote. It's spec limit is 10 qts. with filter. If a shop is charging you that for an oil change, they're ripping you off anything over 10 qts.
I thought the PP1 and 2 had an oil cooler? I could very well be wrong then lol. Base Coyote spec is 10 qts though. They changed oil capacity a few times throughout the years since it was first introduced and throughout all the special versions.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I thought the PP1 and 2 had an oil cooler? I could very well be wrong then lol. Base Coyote spec is 10 qts though. They changed oil capacity a few times throughout the years since it was first introduced and throughout all the special versions.
oil coolers don't drain when you change oil so that's irrelevant. mach's take 10

Sponsored

mdmayberry09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Gas prices aren't an issue for me though I'd prefer it being in the sub $3 range. The fact that you can get 25 mpg with a GT on the open highway is a testament to how they can get a powerful, heavy car to get decent fuel economy. If mpg is a major concern, then don't buy a Mustang and get a 4 cylinder hybrid that'll give you well over 40 mpg (though not as much fun to drive if you like power).
Just drove the 2000 mile trip from STL to Philly, managed 28mpg average both ways, was quite impressed. Used to just get about 32 in my 4 cylinder with the same type of driving habits. I could get it higher, but with how I like to drive, it usually hovered around that. I made sure to drive more managed this time, also doesn't help that I was right behind a wreck with rollovers at the start, so made sure I drove more cautious than usual.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Just drove the 2000 mile trip from STL to Philly, managed 28mpg average both ways, was quite impressed. Used to just get about 32 in my 4 cylinder with the same type of driving habits. I could get it higher, but with how I like to drive, it usually hovered around that. I made sure to drive more managed this time, also doesn't help that I was right behind a wreck with rollovers at the start, so made sure I drove more cautious than usual.
We don't have long enough open highways here so best I get is around 21 or so; if only in town it rarely goes into 10th gear so average about 18-19. I'd love to live on the mainland where I could get 25+ mpg on the freeways (non-rush hour of course).

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
the kid said dad! That car is so cool! He said son, it’s not cool, it’s not s gt.
"Son, if I catch you saying one more 'man-kissing-a-man' thing like that again your gonna get it." So ridiculous all the hate. I had a modified 86 turbo 4cyl that felt like a rocket ship, didn't have any of the nannies that let you stop the gas in a new GT willy nilly

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
I'm honestly at a cross roads here, gang, and I need some help. Title says it all so I'll give a little color.
Yes, we know a PP GT will be faster than a EB HPP car. What I'm worried about is something you can't measure... FUN.

S550 Cars I've tested
BASE GT 6spd
Bullitt (so a loaded GT with performance pack)
Ecoboost HPP with the handling pack (unfortunately it wasn't a 6spd)

first things first, the hpp EB car with the handling pack looks amazing.

1654868300172.png

It shockingly sounds good, looks awesome, is way less expensive, and is lighter. the EB is supposed to be like 150+ lbs off the nose.
Its supposed to feel more nimble, but I had a fat salesman and my son with me when i drove this autotragic version so I don't think it was a fair shake.

So here's my question to anyone with experience with both:

does the 2018+ GT with the performance pack really suffer from the extra weight on the nose or is this given too much attention?

Obviously money matters but it isn't a driving force in this situation. I LOVED the bullitt but it had magneride and if i get a GT with PP it won't so I'm not sure how much that affects things.... I'm really annoyed with the lack of cars to test drive right now.
You are lucky that you can find a good Mustang anywhere let alone an assortment to test drive . Maybe if you were in a big City and had a DAY to KILL , You might find what you want .. But the CAR Market sux now as you well know . Dealer offered me 10K over what I paid for my 2018 GT 5.0/10sp with 22K miles "RETAIL RED" & Showroom condition . I said "CAN you get me a GT 500 ? " He said , " Maybe in a yr or so they will be "BUYABLE" ...Whatever THAT means ???? Hope you find what you like and MOST OF ALL "IT'S BUYABLE " lol.............. Goodluck. junqdawg

Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
If you want fun, get yourself a GT with the active exhaust. More fun than a hot tub full of cheerleaders!
WILL YOU PLEASE QUIT BRINGING UP THOSE DAMN CHEERLEADERS ? !!
I'll never get to sleep tonight . I dated some in HIGHSCHOOL , EVERYTHING IS THE SAME UNDER THOSE SHORT SKIRTS ..As any other gal ............ It's just harder to get .......Junqdawg

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You are lucky that you can find a good Mustang anywhere let alone an assortment to test drive . Maybe if you were in a big City and had a DAY to KILL , You might find what you want .. But the CAR Market sux now as you well know . Dealer offered me 10K over what I paid for my 2018 GT 5.0/10sp with 22K miles "RETAIL RED" & Showroom condition . I said "CAN you get me a GT 500 ? " He said , " Maybe in a yr or so they will be "BUYABLE" ...Whatever THAT means ???? Hope you find what you like and MOST OF ALL "IT'S BUYABLE " lol.............. Goodluck. junqdawg
man i really like the hpp mustangs. i think if the GT didn't exist i probably would've ordered one but... as you can see in the sig.... i went whole hog on the big motor. if i absolutely could not afford the extra 10K, though, the hpp turbo would've probably been the way to go.

maybe im wrong but i think they're special cars.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I say this, because the Mustang design is sport first and anything else far far less.
Mustang is lumbering Oaf in base form. Doesn't feel sporty at all out of the box except obviously the motor. So much voided rubber to make it nice and comfy

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It sure is heavy! A Mustang is meant to be sporty, not sedate. I agree that a true sports car is light, nimple and quick....like a Lotus, Miata, MG, Triumph, 240z etc

I stand by my post though, a Mustang is sport minded first and everything else is much lower priority. If you take into context what I was saying, a Golf R is much more well rounded vehicle that can do most of what a Mustang can do well and plenty of other things better. Mustangs look sweet, go fast and with some help work on a track great. I love having a legend sitting in my garage, but I also love smaller more nimble cars just as much :cool:
Sponsored