Sponsored

High boost Gen2 and E85

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
What have you been getting away with on plenty of fuel delivery and E85?? Currently 4.0 pulley P1X. About 14/15ish psi 7600rpm. Have a new block, forged components, supports, and cams ready to be put together. Car runs amazing now. Would you send a 3.70 pulley to maybe 17ish and see if it the stock configuration holds for the summer?? šŸ˜¬
Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I've been running my car at 16 psi for a while now and it's been holding up. Well over 30 hits at that setting. Realistically it can hold that as long as you are good with maintenance and don't let the car get too hot (don't do back to back to back hits).
It's even seen 19-20 psi before, but only a few times. These motors can hold a ton of power, especially in short bursts.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
My D1SC gen1 was on 16psi and held up just fine until the crank snout snapped off. The internals looked good though. If the fueling and tune are right you should be fine.

OP
OP

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Nice! Thanks for the replies.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
What have you been getting away with on plenty of fuel delivery and E85?? Currently 4.0 pulley P1X. About 14/15ish psi 7600rpm. Have a new block, forged components, supports, and cams ready to be put together. Car runs amazing now. Would you send a 3.70 pulley to maybe 17ish and see if it the stock configuration holds for the summer?? šŸ˜¬
Stage 2 I assume? I would roll with the 3.7 no problem

Sponsored

OP
OP

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My D1SC gen1 was on 16psi and held up just fine until the crank snout snapped off. The internals looked good though. If the fueling and tune are right you should be fine.
How many miles did you get out before the snap? I think Iā€™m going to try and leave my tensioner on the loose side and play around with almost verge of belt slip for shits and giggles

OP
OP

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Stage 2 I assume? I would roll with the 3.7 no problem
Was looking back on your accomplishments on the P1sc. 9.0.. 150. Crazy. How much boost, pulley size, and rpm got you there?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
On a 3.7 you will push the procharger beyond the recommended rpm limits. Not by much so you will probably be fine but I would not go much farther. If you donā€™t blow your shortblock you can sell it to get some of your money back from building a new one. Also if It does blow you are almost 100% going to need to repair or replace one or both heads. Keep that in mind

OP
OP

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
On a 3.7 you will push the procharger beyond the recommended rpm limits. Not by much so you will probably be fine but I would not go much farther. If you donā€™t blow your shortblock you can sell it to get some of your money back from building a new one. Also if It does blow you are almost 100% going to need to repair or replace one or both heads. Keep that in mind
Yeah I donā€™t spin my engine that high. 7500 so only about 1500rpm over blower speed recommend. More and likely just 7000 until I get my other motor built as to hopefully not blow it upšŸ¤£

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
How many miles did you get out before the snap? I think Iā€™m going to try and leave my tensioner on the loose side and play around with almost verge of belt slip for shits and giggles
I put about 25k on the blower before I sold it in sept. The crank snapped on the new owner. He recently put OPG's in it and switched to the ARP crank saver stud setup. Everything was installed by a Ford tech so I assume it was done correctly.

OP
OP

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I put about 25k on the blower before I sold it in sept. The crank snapped on the new owner. He recently put OPG's in it and switched to the ARP crank saver stud setup. Everything was installed by a Ford tech so I assume it was done correctly.
The crank snapped with the ARP crank saver stud??

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Seems like some important facts were left out in your earlier snapped crank story...