Sponsored

Help with ordering 2016 or 2017 GT350R

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
Don't reply to green67 - his previous account "slopper" was banned for this exact same banter. He's trolling. We have a good discussion going on here and he's interested in derailing it.
i think you may have been right! Green67=Slopper??
Sponsored

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Good luck, be patient. I'm in the same boat. Bide your time for the R. I found a GT350 at MSRP, but I know myself, and I would be happy for about a day, then the nagging feeling of it not being an R would set in.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Good luck, be patient. I'm in the same boat. Bide your time for the R. I found a GT350 at MSRP, but I know myself, and I would be happy for about a day, then the nagging feeling of it not being an R would set in.
if you don't mind waiting, anything is possible.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I don't get it . . . .The only significant items you are missing if you don't purchase an "R" are the carbon fiber wheels, rear spoiler and the prestige of being one in 500 for that year build. Everything else can be had in the base model with the optional packages. Unless you're going to track the car the majority of it's life, IMHO it is not worth the wait or the extra $$$.

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Suspension, magnetic shocks, rear seat delete, spoiler/front splitter (usable downforce), and yes, the wheels. Every review has states that the R feels very different than the GT350. So no, not about the "prestige" could not care less about what other people think about my vehicle. I want what will make me happy, and the R will. Also, yes, I plan on going to VIR in the car.

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
I don't get it . . . .The only significant items you are missing if you don't purchase an "R" are the carbon fiber wheels, rear spoiler and the prestige of being one in 500 for that year build. Everything else can be had in the base model with the optional packages. Unless you're going to track the car the majority of it's life, IMHO it is not worth the wait or the extra $$$.
The reviews speak volumes to how different the 350 is vs the R. The wheels/tires, weight reduction, suspension tweak and the increased downforce makes a big enough difference to be noticed immediately by reviewers. Would an everyday driver ever notice.... who knows? Either way, I would not have been happy with a non-R. Nothing to do with the 500 per year thing. Just like to know I am "fully" loaded:crazy:.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Different suspension and likely ABS tuning. The ability to get the track AND electronics in one car (stupid that you cant do that in a 350, IMO...and I sometimes wonder if Ford did this as a way to differentiate the R just a little bit more)

Sponsored

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Ford could have eliminated a lot of the frustrations if they would have just done as they did in the past - as with "R"s of the past - if you got an R, you got a track car - no A/C, no nothing.....now an R (unless base ordered - which are VERY few) is not a stripper, but the most loaded version you can get. And a lot of people are going to want "loaded".

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Ford could have eliminated a lot of the frustrations if they would have just done as they did in the past - as with "R"s of the past - if you got an R, you got a track car - no A/C, no nothing.....now an R (unless base ordered - which are VERY few) is not a stripper, but the most loaded version you can get. And a lot of people are going to want "loaded".
Hmmm... That doesn't make sense, regarding the stripper and loaded part. I commend Ford for giving people a choice. No one's hurting that gets an R it appears.

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I guess what I was thinking was that.........if they had made the "R" like the 1993, 1995, and 2000 "R's, with no A/C, radio etc, there might not be as many people chomping at the bit to get one. And if and "R" is basically a loaded GT350, why not make it more readily available to more people? And if people want to say "well, they wanted to make it rare", why not just make a hundred of them.......there were only 250 '95 R's and 300 2000 R's.......and they were one year only production. It WOULD be interesting to know who and how the decision was made at Ford....and for sure, someone knows......but can probably never say.

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
And I also wonder............IF..............they were going to make only a hundred "R"s...........and you were absolutely unable to get one of those one hundred......would you be commending Ford for their decision to do such ?

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
In regards to GT Dave's question above regarding "is it worth the $$$" for an R........I cannot comment on a GT350 versus a GT350R.........but I will say, I had a 2003 Cobra Mustang.......and a 2000 Cobra R Mustang....(they would appear to be much alike)...and even above and beyond the engine difference, the two cars were COMPLETELY different in the way they felt driving. The R felt like you were going racing, the Cobra felt like you were going cruising. So it is very possible for me to believe that a GT350R drives completely different than a GT350.
Sponsored