Sponsored

Help with ordering 2016 or 2017 GT350R

bfit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge Sport, 1966 mustang gt
Member since early this year and happy to be so. Have learned a lot from the various posts on the board. Thank you all.
Background ... owned 6 ford trucks and cars over the years..about a 35 year span..I keep them for a while....with one BMW thrown in the mix.. the extended family the same way...Anyway I know that I am not alone in my quest for what I am Wanting to purchase..2016 late or 2017 GT35OR I have no problem waiting if I can build to my specs and lock it in..I have never paid MSRP..have always purchased at invoice or close to it...but I know the demand for the car ..so MSRP it is...Any help in pointing me to a dealer that is willing to work with me and they will have a loyal customer and family who will purchase furture vehicles.. would be very much appreciated....My current dealer who I have bought 3 vehicles from doesn't seem to care when it comes to the Shelby..I am rethinking my relationship.Anyway please PM me anyone who knows of a dealer the would work with me..SuperA+++++credit no problem with cash down.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
lol. Can we get all of these merged into a single thread as well?

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You're going to find it near impossible to find even an non R near MSRP

Sponsored

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Member since early this year and happy to be so. Have learned a lot from the various posts on the board. Thank you all.
Background ... owned 6 ford trucks and cars over the years..about a 35 year span..I keep them for a while....with one BMW thrown in the mix.. the extended family the same way...Anyway I know that I am not alone in my quest for what I am Wanting to purchase..2016 late or 2017 GT35OR I have no problem waiting if I can build to my specs and lock it in..I have never paid MSRP..have always purchased at invoice or close to it...but I know the demand for the car ..so MSRP it is...Any help in pointing me to a dealer that is willing to work with me and they will have a loyal customer and family who will purchase furture vehicles.. would be very much appreciated....My current dealer who I have bought 3 vehicles from doesn't seem to care when it comes to the Shelby..I am rethinking my relationship.Anyway please PM me anyone who knows of a dealer the would work with me..SuperA+++++credit no problem with cash down.
Bfit, it just isn't going to happen on an R. There simply are not enough being/going to be made. Possibly the secondary market in a few years.
Good luck to you though.

OP
OP

bfit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some rough input there..thank you Bullitman and Helmet

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't get discouraged - you can always try. I'd say give up on the '16 and start asking dealers if you can get an agreed price on a '17. The guys here have been seeing a lot of this lately. It's probably the worst time to "start" looking for one of these cars because the PR machine has been on full tilt for months now and the cars are starting to hit lots.

Good luck!

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
While everyone is at it, maybe you can find us a unicorn :)
I want a pegasus. Who wants a horny horse when you can have a flying one

wait, nevermind, I just recalled how bad a pigeon is, much less a one ton flying horse.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Ok, maybe my initial post to this thread was a little harsh... But I have to say, there is a lot of touting going on in your initial post, of which was your second post.

In all humility, while being honest, if you have been a member for a while and follow the threads you would know how near impossible your request is. It's Vegas odds, and I would even bet that 2017 350Rs will still gain an ADM unless there is a Z/28 that comes out and essentially shames the 350R.

Also, I hear you on the Ford purchases and the A++++++ credit but I humbly ask why do we have to know that if all you're doing is requesting a miracle? If someone were to chance upon a unicorn in the forest I'm sure they wouldn't need to know anything regarding your past purchases or credit. IMHO, that takes the genuine, humble approach and throws it out the door.

Honestly though, if your request was sincere I apologize and wish you the best of luck and a Merry Christmas.

OP
OP

bfit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks DrumReaper..I'm adding an additional 5 or 10 thousand on top of MSRP ...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You have been a member since March and you say you've read and learned a lot. I can't imagine you somehow missed all the threads about ADM and production numbers.

You bragged so much about paying so little for Fords in your first post. I assume most of those Fords you've purchased at great prices have been limited production, "special" cars where fewer than 500 were made per year?
Sponsored