Sponsored

Help with ordering 2016 or 2017 GT350R

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Some of you sound immature and some sound like straight up haters. You order what you want and can afford, simple as that.

The main reason why I got the R was because it's the only one that combines the best of track pack and tech pack in one. The track pack was missing the big screen/toggles and the tech pack didn't have the nice recaros, rear spoiler and magne ride. The R with electronics has everything I want and more.
Good point...
Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'll be putting in a rear seat too, just for the kiddos. :cheers:
:cheers:

If I could take my kids around the track with me on track days, I would. They would love it.

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I apologize......never meant anything as an argument........just wished I could have ordered an R......unfortunately, dealers I talked to had no allocation.
Disappointment was with no availability, not with any other buyers....in fact, am happy for those who got an R. As far as getting the order in early.......ordered and put a deposit down on Track Pack 350 on June 15.......has not even been scheduled yet.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I would have liked an R with electronics EXCEPT:
1) price with the typical ADM was too much for me
2) hard to get unless you were willing to pay way more than what I said in (1)

I tried to justify the higher cost with better resale but my practical side came out plus the wife would kill me. Maybe more of the latter than the former.

As Randy Pobst said in his video review "If you're considering the GT350 it is a great car. Just don't drive the R first......on the track"

I love my GT350 and think it is an amazing and over the top car for the road and great for infrequent visits to the track.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Good point...
Correction, the Tech Pack DOES come with the Magne Ride. As for the R spoiler, I have one sitting in my office waiting for my car next week.

Sponsored

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
Anyone ever post a list of dealers who were getting 16s that werent lottery so people could check for allocations on 17s. I know I;m waiting to find an R cause I want the Sync 3 without the leather seats.

My Raptor has a red stripe on the steering wheel and my ST has red calipers so I have to get an R to get the red accents? Why wouldn't they make that standard. If the only changes were just wing a wheels I'd opt for the normal GT350 cause its a great car just not perfect for me to spend 60K on.

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Correction, the Tech Pack DOES come with the Magne Ride. As for the R spoiler, I have one sitting in my office waiting for my car next week.
Hi gtdave where did you get your r spoiler and how does it look? Good quality? A fair amount of finishing needed, etc.?

Let us know. Thanks

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I can relate to your perspective and unlike several others here respect your sensible approach. I've never paid the sticker price for a new vehicle and have had every one I've ever wanted.
Wait a year and come back to the market when the retailers have taken all the bend overs to the cleaners. The market for a $70,000 Mustang is much smaller than what many enthusiasts would like to believe.
The market for Shelby Mustangs, Z28 Camaros, Mach1s, SVT Mustang Cobras, Z06 Corvettes, Hellcats goes thru the same cycles and saturates. The stars align and reasonable prices are the norm. The retailers are looking to crush people who can't wait right now. Be smart, wait, your wallet will appreciate it.
Agree 100% I had a dealer call me to "offer me" a 2016 GT 350 non-R at 20K over sticker. I almost puked, maybe for an R thats a deal but a regular GT 350 LOL.
Sponsored