Sponsored

Help with aftermarket exhaust?

RR5.0PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Hello everyone, I've had my 5.0 for almost two months already and I really wanna put an aftermarket exhaust. From some quick research I've found that he corsa xtreme and borla atak are the most popular one. That being said, they go for around $1,500. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money for an exhaust. The car currently has a magnaflow competition axel back exhaust (from the previous owner). I kinda like it, but I want my car to be corsa extreme loud. But before I go out and spend 1,500 on a exhaust, do you have any other set ups that might be cheaper and still sound good? My car still has the resonator so I could possibly delete that and put an X pipe. And I really don't want to straight pipe and deal with the CEL and smog regulations here in California. Sooo any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
x pipe if you want to be cheap and settle. nothing like corsa extreme

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang V6 w/051a
Go with borla axlebacks and buy a separate h/x pipe. That's what I did

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the MBRP street exhaust and its absolutely amazing. Not too loud when you dont want it to be but an animal when you open it up. If you want even louder you could get the race one but that would have drone on the freeway.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I have the MBRP street exhaust and its absolutely amazing. Not too loud when you dont want it to be but an animal when you open it up. If you want even louder you could get the race one but that would have drone on the freeway.
^^^THIS!!!

Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
AWE just released a system that seems to have a nice deep rumble and good tone/no rasp. A few people have picked up the touring system and have nothing but positive things to say. I'm curious how the track system sounds...:D

xjester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem w/PP
I've spent enough time to damn near be an expert on exhausts now. Just bought mine last night (more below). There are quite a few systems you can step into that are cheaper. However, please be aware that cheaper is not always better. You get what you pay for - never is this more true than with exhaust systems. While others have mentioned the cost savings of piecing your own systems together, personally, I much prefer the catbacks. They install easy, are engineered to work together well and have much more of a predictable sound.

Some alternatives in the same ballpark with a Corsa (build quality/sound):

Note - some of these can be had with either X or H pipe depending on the tone you want to focus on.

Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered Catback
Price: Around $1150
Sound:

Personal fav. Just bought mine last night (should be here on Tuesday!) Amazing tone. Loud but not crazy loud but everyone will know you are coming. Great construction and rep on the builders as well.

Not enough volume?

Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered LMF Catback
Price: Same - around $1150
Sound:

Dude....this is like God's Megaphone. Crazy volume. Only get this if you REALLY hate your neighbors.

Solo Performance Mach XV
Price: Varies, but I've found it as low as $1000
Sound:

Great tone. Sac some volume in the lower RPM range but screams above 4k. Adjustable J-tube to dial in your drone canceling as well.

ARK Performance GRiP Cat-back
Price: Varies again, but found for about $1200.
Sound:

Probably the least loud on the list. Gets a mention for amazing tone and rumble that is maintained throughout the rev range. Highly respected manufacturer in other cars, in the same vein as AWE Performance.

Speaking of AWE....

AWE Performance Track Edition Cat-back
Price: About $750
Sound:

While more of a straight pipe design, which I know you want to avoid, I had to mention this one. I'm pretty confident this will not trip CEL or smog (the only thing I'm aware of that will is messing with anything cat-forward). Anyway, these guys have been out for 3 weeks but the reputation is already exploding. Tone, Price, Volume, top notch construction - this has it all. Bang for buck champ, if you ask me.

Hope that helped. :cheers:

Last edited:

Grabber By The Bluesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium
This and also for the price it really can't be beat

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^^^ This, but race!

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Buy used. That will save a ton. Get the exhaust you want for a lot cheaper. I paid $800 for my Borla S type catback from another member on here.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Buy used. That will save a ton. Get the exhaust you want for a lot cheaper. I paid $800 for my Borla S type catback from another member on here.

Yep, what he said.

You can get a used Corsa Xtreme for under $1000 if you check the members for sale section regularly.

I'd say Corsa is most definitely worth the $, but if you don't want to spend that much, there are some good options for every budget.

Gojr47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If you really want the Corsa you can ask one of the vendors for a quote and you'll get it for less than 1500.

I say buy what you really want even it it cost more $ so you don't have any regrets down the road and end up spending even more money.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Go Xtreme and be happy.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Extremes if you wana wake the neighbors maybe awe or borla if to care hah that's how I look at it

BadMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello everyone, I've had my 5.0 for almost two months already and I really wanna put an aftermarket exhaust. From some quick research I've found that he corsa xtreme and borla atak are the most popular one. That being said, they go for around $1,500. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money for an exhaust. The car currently has a magnaflow competition axel back exhaust (from the previous owner). I kinda like it, but I want my car to be corsa extreme loud. But before I go out and spend 1,500 on a exhaust, do you have any other set ups that might be cheaper and still sound good? My car still has the resonator so I could possibly delete that and put an X pipe. And I really don't want to straight pipe and deal with the CEL and smog regulations here in California. Sooo any help would be appreciated!
I definitely recommend the corsa extremes. Ask around ont he forums for some deals i got mine new at a sub 1500. Id message jayman not sure how to link his profile.
Sponsored