Help, water spots... Black car

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
sprinkler went off while i was at a friends place, didnt leave until the next day by then the water had dried.. stains etched.. tried vinegar not working .. frustrating its been on the car for over a week. what to do next ?
Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
sprinkler went off while i was at a friends place, didnt leave until the next day by then the water had dried.. stains etched.. tried vinegar not working .. frustrating its been on the car for over a week. what to do next ?
Get some quick detailer and scrub

Murphjup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I know it sounds cheap but Turtle Wax Ice Car Polish and Spray detailer. After I wash it I use either or both. Great sheen on black removes water spots.

:)

vicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vinegar works best. Easily removes water stains. I use it every time.

Yup.... what he said!!! Distilled White Vinegar is best!!:thumbsup:

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had a similar experience with my black EB. I was in KC at a Marriott and the sprinkler system went off over night. I couldn't get it washed until the following day. The spots were etched into the paint on the hood. This was with Klasse' AIO base and two coats of Collinite 915 on the car.

I tried vinegar, QD polish, clay bar and every other tip I could find in the detailing forums. Nothing would take the etching off. Finally, I bought a Groit's Garage DA buffer, Meguires 105 & 205 polish. That made them go away.

I've since detailed it with Polish Angel Invincible & Cosmic which I hope will prevent that from happening again.

DSC_3606 by Jim Holtz, on Flickr

Sponsored

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
black car in florida this time of year forget it i had a black one loved it when it was clean but vowed never to get another black one
255329_219797724812865_369066115_n.jpg

OP
OP
neodark

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
But, black looks awesome... When it's clean

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
www.crspotless.com

You can always invest in a spotless rinse system if you wash cars often. I run one the bigger model as I run a detailing buisness on the side and it saves ALOT of time for me which is huge. I can wash cars in the middle of a July afternoon and there will literally be no spots at all. It also allows me to let the car sun dry so I don't have to scratch it with a drying towel.

I find myself changing the filter ($90) every three months if I average 2 washes a week, but I haven't exactly been very conservative with it either.

dblizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GTPP
I agree with the other two posts, white vinagar works every time. I just Use a 50/50 mix of vingar/water. I usually dont wash mine in full sun but sometimes parts of it hit the sun before i dry and leave spots or water dries under the hoods, doors, etc. No need to buy those products for water spots.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Vinegar dude, then follow up with a detailer or one of those wax as you dry sprays

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
owning a black car means you are going to be spending more time loving the car. its going to show everything. You are going to be washing it a lot. but, all in all, the shine you get, the reflectivity you get, the absolute gorgeous look of a spotless black car is totally worth it.

If you do not plan to really love your car, do not get black! :)

when i dry my car, i use 2 towels. that is the easiest way to not leave any water behind after a good wash.

Keep a good coat of wax on her and the water spots will not show up.... unless you live where there is hard water.. then its more work. :)

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
And, finally: Chemical Guys WAC80816 Hybrid V7

I'm still new to this.
I've been using Chemical Guys products since my last car; up until recently I used their "Extreme Slick Synthetic Detailer" for the last two years. I ran out and picked up some Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detail and Ultimate Quick Wax and was really happy with both; even more than the CGuys stuff.

Just this week I got a gallon of the Hybrid V7 and am giving that a shot. I will say it streaks more and isn't as forgiving when applying in the sun (they advise as much), but it looks damn good. Next is to see how it holds up after some rain.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Vinegar dude, then follow up with a detailer or one of those wax as you dry sprays
what type of sponge or towel did you use to apply the vinegar? how did you apply the vinegar to the car?

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
what type of sponge or towel did you use to apply the vinegar? how did you apply the vinegar to the car?
I use a small sprayer, the kind that shoots a straight line, i leave it 10 ,15 seconds and go at it with a microfiber towel. Follow up with a spray wax. Im fond of meguiars. You wanna know the real secret? It works BETTER with the car in the blazing sun, car hot to the touch, or if you can heat up the vinegar. Im serious.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
thanks for the tip everyone, I tried the white vinegar once again... this time spraying it on the paint and then rubbing it in there.. followed up with a turtlewax black spray detailer with a different microfiber.. only did one half to see if it worked (it was raining out so the garage light wasnt showing the water spots very well) drove it in the rain...now today it was finally sunny and i noticed that the left side remained very clean and shiny while the right side of the car still has water marks. will finish out the right side today :D
Sponsored