Sponsored

Help, Shop header install fail

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just checked on the car. The bolt and threads were straight. The flange bent from the bolts backing out due to them not being tightened properly on initial install. The shop took the header off and corrected header and Re installed it. The gasket was perfectly fine.
That one bolt was not cross threaded!?!
Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
DeepakGTCS

DeepakGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 J7 California Special
No it was not. Will post pics tomorrow when I pick the car up.

XPystchrisX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I enjoy it when threads like this happen, everyone jumps to conclusions based on a single picture, and then claim more doom when they were probably wrong. Someone pass the popcorn.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I wouldn't touch it. Let them look at it again. Have the shop owner do it himself. Whatever tech did that may have stripped some threads in the head. If that's the case, it's going to need more than new bolts. If you haven't touched it, they cannot put any blame on you.

I'm with this guy. You're in a sticky spot. If you take it elsewhere, you lose the ability to go get recouped by the previous shop if the repairs get out of hand. They can simply blame fault on the new shop and try and wash their hands of you.

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I enjoy it when threads like this happen, everyone jumps to conclusions based on a single picture, and then claim more doom when they were probably wrong. Someone pass the popcorn.
200.gif

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Got my headers installed from a shop, was happy until I noticed an exhaust leak somewhere 3 days later, went back and left the car with them for the day. 1 day goes by I get a call and they say everything is good bolts have been tightened down. Seems good, hop in the car and drive home so far so good, car was at temperature. Shop worker said that I may need new clamps for my x pipe, okay no problem. Go home and order some off summit racing. Park the car for 3 hours get back in and start the car and theres a leak I heard previously. Hop out and reach down the passenger side of the engine bay and feel large plumes of air shooting out. I found the suspected leak. Seems like the shop may have not done the work properly as they stated and lied. I am disappointed and it looks as if one of my bolts for the header is bent. Contacted the shop owner and he promised me they checked every bolt, sent him the picture and his story changed, saying he would fix it 100% after I told him I'd go to another shop and have them look at it. What would you do? Would you try and fix it yourself?
Screenshot_20181007-121806_Video Player.jpg
Take it to another shop and have them fix it. Then sue the original shop in small claims court for the difference. You may even be able to sue them for more for time and hassle. If its taking you away from work you can sue for that time that you lost, any costs associated with the problem, and perhaps some suffering although your damages wouldn't be that much.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hopefully you didn’t pay cash.. If not, charge back for that shit work they did.

Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am waiting patiently for him to post the fix from the shop. Hopefully they didn't just air gun the bolts into the bolt holes.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I am waiting patiently for him to post the fix from the shop. Hopefully they didn't just air gun the bolts into the bolt holes.
That would be impressive to get an impact in there.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you don't mind me asking...what shop did you go to??

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where did the OP go ???? Was it fixed ?? Did they weld it on ???
Sponsored