OP
OP
DeepakGTCS

DeepakGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 J7 California Special
Sorry to leave you guys hanging. Update for you guys. The cars header gasket was in fact blown and turns out the header flange is not even. Took it to a machine shop to even everything out and bought a new oem gasket. Re studded passenger side with no issues just waiting on the header to be machined. I was there through the whole process of tear down. I even took off the ac line bracket as the nut was rubbing a little and giving me false knock. Header will be back Most likely tomorrow around 12pm (Shop I deal with has a great turnaround time). And will be installed right after. Partially a shop issue, but majority of the problems came from a header flange issue.
17329DFF-066A-416C-8BCF-968700E45E8B.jpeg
Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to leave you guys hanging. Update for you guys. The cars header gasket was in fact blown and turns out the header flange is not even. Took it to a machine shop to even everything out and bought a new oem gasket. Re studded passenger side with no issues just waiting on the header to be machined. I was there through the whole process of tear down. I even took off the ac line bracket as the nut was rubbing a little and giving me false knock. Header will be back Most likely tomorrow around 12pm (Shop I deal with has a great turnaround time). And will be installed right after. Partially a shop issue, but majority of the problems came from a header flange issue.
17329DFF-066A-416C-8BCF-968700E45E8B.jpeg
What brand is that header???
So they fixed the 2 bolts that were bolted in wrong were fixed. By putting in studs???
The gasket blew because those 2 bolts were not bolted in correctly in the first place.
I hope it works out for you

OP
OP
DeepakGTCS

DeepakGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 J7 California Special
No sir, The bolt holes were not lining up on the one that looked bent due to the flange being crooked it didn’t even touch the thread better yet catch it. I used the studs and a dab of loctite as a precautionary measure so there is little to no chance of them backing out like bolts do. All threads were perfectly fine as I tested a bolt by hand tightening them myself.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
No sir, The bolt holes were not lining up on the one that looked bent due to the flange being crooked it didn’t even touch the thread better yet catch it. I used the studs and a dab of loctite as a precautionary measure so there is little to no chance of them backing out like bolts do. All threads were perfectly fine as I tested a bolt by hand tightening them myself.
Excellent !!!!!

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got my headers installed from a shop, was happy until I noticed an exhaust leak somewhere 3 days later, went back and left the car with them for the day. 1 day goes by I get a call and they say everything is good bolts have been tightened down. Seems good, hop in the car and drive home so far so good, car was at temperature. Shop worker said that I may need new clamps for my x pipe, okay no problem. Go home and order some off summit racing. Park the car for 3 hours get back in and start the car and theres a leak I heard previously. Hop out and reach down the passenger side of the engine bay and feel large plumes of air shooting out. I found the suspected leak. Seems like the shop may have not done the work properly as they stated and lied. I am disappointed and it looks as if one of my bolts for the header is bent. Contacted the shop owner and he promised me they checked every bolt, sent him the picture and his story changed, saying he would fix it 100% after I told him I'd go to another shop and have them look at it. What would you do? Would you try and fix it yourself?
Screenshot_20181007-121806_Video Player.jpg
Hey man just saw this post.
I'm from Vancouver and am getting longtubes installed next month.
You mind telling me what shop you're using? If you don't want to say the name outright just the initials will be enough for me to figure it out. Not dissing any shops just like to be informed.
Thx,
Daryl
Sponsored