Sponsored

Help! Need help finding home for loose connector

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
So I had an engine rebuild done and when I received my car back on Friday they told me I needed to replace the ignition coils. The coils came in today and as I was swapping them I noticed a loose connector (not sure the correct term) on the passenger side when I removed the engine and valve covers. Anyone that can tell me where the heck this should be connected? I tried to get clear pics of the label but can't get my cam to focus. These are the pics I was able to get. I'd really appreciate the help guys. Thanks.
Inkedimage0 (1)_LI.jpg
Inkedimage1 (2)_LI.jpg
image2 (3).jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
thet33

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Ah, I think I found it! It's the engine ground, and it connects to the cowl behind the engine on the driver's side.

20190925_184315.jpg
Thanks for the response, you're right! I went back and looked at a bunch of videos and pictures online and it is most definetly on the drivers side. The problem is that mine is now poking up on the passenger side. I've been trying to work it over to the drivers side to bolt it up but I can't even get it close. Something they did while putting the engine back in resulted in it ending up on the other side and I can't find a good place to ground it where it's at. I'm not sure how on earth they overlooked this but I guess I'll be taking it back tomorrow. I'm hoping this will also solve my surging and intermittent reduced power issues.
Thanks for taking the time to look and respond @2017

MasterKang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john wilson
Vehicle(s)
no
So I had an engine rebuild done and when I received my car back on Friday they told me I needed to replace the ignition coils. The coils came in today and as I was swapping them I noticed a loose connector (not sure the correct term) on the passenger side when I removed the engine and valve covers. Anyone that can tell me where the heck this should be connected? I tried to get clear pics of the label but can't get my cam to focus. These are the pics I was able to get. I'd really appreciate the help guys. Thanks.
Inkedimage0 (1)_LI.jpg
Inkedimage1 (2)_LI.jpg
image2 (3).jpeg

The basic performance of connectors can be divided into three categories: mechanical, electrical, and environmental. Another important mechanical property is the mechanical life of the connector. Mechanical life is actually a durability indicator, which is called mechanical operation in GB5095. It is a cycle of one insertion and one extraction, so as to judge whether the connector can complete its connection function normally after the specified insertion and removal cycle. Connector type (09160423001)

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Engine ground strap.....and probably THE reason they thought your coils needed changing. If you can’t get it back over the drivers side, find a bolt on the fire wall and put it on, or extend it to the original location.
Sponsored